Why do you hate Apple again?

>cheaper than equally specced ThinkPads
>better build quality
>UNIX OS by default
>excellent virtual machine support
>unrivaled media tools
>ultra HD IPS

Other urls found in this thread:

hengedocks.com/products/vertical-macbook-pro-retina?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&gclid=Cj0KEQjwwoLHBRDD0beVheu3lt0BEiQAvU4CKj_uQeEKUeGrqMKe8Mqxjae_2gzlXj5aEVfUp4wSYUoaAsDV8P8HAQ
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
express.co.uk/news/uk/664296/secretive-iPhone-factory-safety-nets-stop-suicides-Apple-Petagron
businessinsider.com/apple-and-dell-investigating-the-foxconn-working-conditions-2010-5
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/?task=search2&ghost=&search_text=>2006-2015 >trackpad impossible to click near upper edge >extremely loose near bottom edge&search_subject=&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_media_hash=&search_op=all&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=post
youtu.be/sfrYOWlKJ_g
youtu.be/t7XSckjRPo0\
youtu.be/AFWJP5yCujw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't hate Apple, their products just don't interest me anymore. Their laptops don't have docks, the AIOs are 16:9, and the trashcan is a trashcan. I guess the Mac Mini is the only modern Apple computer I'd even consider.

you don't need docks with usbc

Yes I do.

Kinda this. I've got a 13" MBA that is the best damn laptop I have ever used, but their new shit is completely unappealing.

The new keyboards suck or are missing the top row, the hardware is meh even by apple standards, and throttles like crazy.

No you don't.

Stop telling me what I do and don't need. You are not me.

>the hardware is meh even by apple standards,

because apple has historically had such low standards for hardware.....

Stop lying on the internet about needed a dock user, it's unbecoming

>Sup Forums will use 15yr old ThinkPads but wont grab a 5 year old industry leading notebook

This is why you struggle lads

BUT THINKPADS HAVE MAGNESIUM

MAGNESIUM

Bottom line is that I will not buy a laptop that doesn't have a dock. Whine about it all you want, it's not going to change anything.

>Bottom line is that I will not buy a laptop that doesn't have a dock. Whine about it all you want, it's not going to change anything.

docks are for cucks user

>docks are for cucks user
The cuck meme is for children, child.

it's because the high schoolers on Sup Forums want to look like a l33t h4x0r with a thinkpad, arch, i3 and anime wallpaper.

Get a proper desktop ffs. You can get everything you need for like $90

Who said I don't have a desktop?

>>docks are for cucks user
>The cuck meme is for children, child.

The "no docks for macbooks" meme is a cuck lie kiddo, there are several to choose from

hengedocks.com/products/vertical-macbook-pro-retina?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&gclid=Cj0KEQjwwoLHBRDD0beVheu3lt0BEiQAvU4CKj_uQeEKUeGrqMKe8Mqxjae_2gzlXj5aEVfUp4wSYUoaAsDV8P8HAQ

>glossy
get out

If there aren't any like this, I'm not interested.

>>cheaper than equally specced ThinkPads
Wrong.
>>better build quality
Cheap soda can shit.
>>UNIX OS by default
Mac OS is not as good as advertised. Debian does all the same stuff and is less resource hungry.
>>excellent virtual machine support
This is not an argument. Every computer these days has this.
>>unrivaled media tools
Like what? The Apple ones? They suck balls. The Adobe ones? Not specific to your platform.
>>ultra HD IPS
Who gives a fuck? Why don't you just set up a 4k display on your desk and hook it to that when you're home?

I have a Mac. Would not buy again.

This. ThinkPads are infinitely stronger than Macshit.

Docks are great.

There are, look it up

Neat

Auferstanden aus Ruinen
und der Zukunft zugewandt.
Lass uns dir zum Guten dienen
Deutschland einig Vaterland.

Robotron computer?

Don't like apple because they charge you a premium for the same hardware you'd get elsewhere. All stuffed inside of an appealing package that when actually placed in a heavy work environment, it falls on its face. See the new MB pro. Ever since Haswell was started being out inside their laptops, they throttle.

>Inb4 poorfag

Why spend $2k on a specced out MacBook pro when I could spend the same, or even less for pic related? Mobile Xeon CPU, 4-8GB Quadro GPU. Actually user serviceable, dock offered, replacement batteries and extended life ones to be found all over the place, etc.

Unless you're talking the aesthetic of Apple and muh thin laptop. Then this conversation is moot. Other than the MB pro, there is absolutely nothing I'd consider from Apple. Their phones are garbage, their "workstation" is a non serviceable throttling trashcan, and their MB air is a glorified tablet with keyboard attached. One that they have the audacity to charge you $800 for and only give you a single USB C port.

This. Thinkpad poorfag permavirgin losers are the worst. They should all commit suicide since they're all so poor, hideous and worthless.

>being this salty
heh

There's no difference between the UNIX OS and Windows they both are unusable for a tech work in comparison with Linux or FreeBSD. KVM is excellent VM support.

>cheaper than equally specced ThinkPads
keep telling yourself that
>better build quality
aka aluminum that gets permanent ditches if you don't handle it carefully and, of course, virtually no maintenence is possible
>UNIX OS by default
you mean toy OS. definitely not a proper UNIX
>excellent virtual machine support
which is limited by the shitty hardware. try again because virtual machines run perfectly well on any desktop or laptop
>unrivaled media tools
nothing you couldn't get on windows except final crap "pro" or logic "pro" which are a huge joke
>ultra HD IPS
not mac specific. 4k displays are offered on most laptops >$1000 and some of them are even matte. crapbook can't compete. the only thing that makes this unique is the 16:10 aspect ratio

>spoken like a true neckbeard

>no up/down
>no numpad

Pass!

>poor

desu I'd use Mac OS if it wasn't tied to the crap hardware.
>inb4 hackintosh
It's an option but a lot of things can go wrong and there's no official support or updates so I most certainly won't go that way.

>Mac hardware is shit

>stickers-for-bezels ThinkPads with TN displays are for professionals

T O P
K E K

dammit I can understand why the word filter affects stuff like f.am because it helps to keep the niggers out but t.bh is perfectly fine! fucking shit

>TN panels
who uses TN panels in the year 2017? new thinkpads all come with reasonably good IPS options, some even 4k. also, a thin plastic bezel is certainly better that a crap laptop that desolders its own components through massive heat output but won't even allow the user to upgrade RAM.

>you mean toy OS. definitely not a proper UNIX
There is no "proper" UNIX, there are simply UNIX and non-UNIX operating systems. OS X falls under the prior category.

a proper UNIX would be an OS that's not only based on UNIX but that doesn't hide any of its inner workings from the user. Mac OS belongs to Apple even if it's installed on your computer. you won't be able to make major changes in the system without any serious reverse engineering. this completely defies the rule of transparency and the rule of diversity which have been coined by Eric Raymond.

What does OS X hide?

the best part about docks like that is since macs cant go into clamshell mode without having power plugged in, every time you insert or remove it from that thing it will go to sleep. and since it goes to sleep without any of the usb stuff connected actually inserting it into that bullshit is a complete joke

major parts of its source code. that means the OS will forever be controlled by apple. it does what apple wants it to do without granting the user any influence, merely the illusion of influence that can be taken away at any time if apple so desires.

oh god is this real? what the actual fuck?

Pretty much this. The UNIX philosophy is lost.

>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge
>extremely loose near bottom edge
>overall flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to solid non-click touchpads
>still has no real buttons
>relies on pressure sensitive gimmick bullshit
>if you press too lightly or too hard it does something completely different than what you intended
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX is a steaming pile of shit with horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a massive heavy 95WHr battery to make up for it
>even XXXTREME GAMER cancer like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life in same tasks
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Yoga 2 in battery life in same tasks
>the battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>overheats constantly from abysmal crippled cooling system
>throttles to 800mhz due to chronic overheating problems
>retina meme for "pros" have have gloss mirror coating impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with glossy 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
9to5mac.com/2016/11/03/2016-macbook-pro-thunderbolt-compatibility-issues
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVjIjBMx6o
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>memetouch emojibar
>no USB-A
>no escape
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life

howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously
>it's 2017 and moving files around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

Just download InsomniaX. It'll fix that noprob.

>it jus wrx
>broken fruity toddler OS can't even do basic functions windows and linux have had for decades

>linux
>no file manager thumbnails

>windows
>can't even last 10 minutes without getting AIDS

broken shitty toddler OSes can't even do basic functions os X have had for decades

we can all meme around and poke at flaws inherit in each OS all day long.

>can't even last 10 minutes without getting AIDS
what is this supposed to mean? are people still getting viruses in the year 2017? well those who do deserve it. darwinism

Don't bother user, you can't convince these retards that people have different needs and requirements to them, this is the board that thinks Haskell and obscure flavours of Linux running on 15-20 year old shitboxes will one day take over the world

It's just that his need for a dock has been surpassed by a single fucking cable.

>plug in one USB C cable, and,
>charges laptop
>video out
>ethernet out
>USB out
>literally anything else I/O

They sell monitors nowadays that have a single USB-C cable that you plug into your MBP and it charges, provides ethernet, USB C/A ports, and an SD card reader all in the back/side of the monitor. How is this any different than his dock? Other than the fact it doesn't look 1-to-1?

>muh insecure OS that gets buttfucked from even basic javascript drivebys
>h-heh it's the fault of the user XD XD! not my OS !hahaha!

they get way too hot and the keyboard is a mushy piece of shit

No it hasn't. The whole reason I insist on a dock is because I can just set my laptop down and it's plugged into everything. The cable is an extra step I'd simply rather not take. If you're okay with it, that's fine and dandy. I like my dock too much to give it up.

If you use some common sense you won't ever get infected. Besides, the only reason why Mac viruses are rare is because no one who does serious work uses a Mac.

again, you're defending your shitty, vulnerable OS's flaws. are you on MS payroll?

People don't need to waste time making viruses for macs since their backdoor is wide open, just like their users.

>Mac OS is not as good as advertised. Debian does all the same stuff and is less resource hungry.
I don't even like macs but don't tell me your debian can effortlessly run the entire adobe suite and the entire microsoft office suit

MACTODDLERS

ETERNALLY

BLOWN

THE

FUCK

OUT

You must be on Apple's payroll. Vulnerability is just the price that comes with using the most widespread and best supported OS on the market. But again, if you're not a complete tech illiterate you won't run into any problems. With both Mac and Windows I'd worry less about spyware infections than about the spyware hidden in the OS itself.

kek this is the face of buyer's regret
>muh secure mac
>It can browse facebook and I won't get hacked
>I can also watch anime on it

>yeah, this gaping fucking hole in my OS's security is just a price i pay to play my vidya games

>MS sucking up all my data is just a price i pay to use the most vulnerable OS on the market! XD

just because your OS sends everything back to HQ doesn't mean everyone elses does, pajeet.

trips of truth I bow to you! how can mactoddlers recover?

Mactoddlers will pretend this doesn't exist.

>UNIX OS by default

This alone beats every other computer that comes pre-installed with Windows

Sup Forums only hates it because it's expensive and normie-infested

If Apple computers were cheaper and less mainstream Sup Forums would love it. The operating system alone is light years ahead of Windows. Windows is just a mess. Not just visually, but also in terms of implementation of the operating system.

>macshit
>unix

Good joke.

stay mad winpleb

Sounds like someone's in denial

>a proper UNIX would be an OS that's not only based on UNIX but that doesn't hide any of its inner workings from the user

You've just made this up.

I can at least partially disable my spyware. Maybe even completely but I can't be sure of course. Mactoddlers can't and they will forever be spied on. Face it, you're using a proprietary OS and that means included spyware with 100% certainty. You can't defend it but you try anyways and I do understand your motives. After all you could have gotten actually capable hardware and a better OS for 30% of the price you paid for your glued together "computer" with the option to upgrade any hardware component at any time. But go ahead, pay $1800 for a housefire computer with a pathetic i5 quad core and AMD graphics. AMD god dammit what the fuck... But it's OK because it's only gonna take half an hour to compile that Hello World program of yours.

lol holy shit stay made winpleb, i understand you're probably fustrated that new virus you got yesterday wiped your game saves but dw mommys got some nuggies for you.

Have you ever looked into the UNIX philosophy, especially Eric Raymon'ds 17 rules? macOS shits on these.

>he uses a proprietary OS
>claims he can disable it
>tells the mac user he's stuck with the spying

?

Yep. That's what defeat looks like toddler. Go ahead, play some facebook games and use your Mac until you move out of mommy's basement.

>I can at least partially disable my spyware. Maybe even completely but I can't be sure of course.

My MBP is well and beyond capable enough for what I do, save gaming. But again, why the fuck would I game on my laptop when I have a desktop.

Jesus Christ, you must be one hideous permavirgin lmao. Fucking loser hahaha

So what, I'm confused. You're implying you can disable some parts but mac people can't? Why not?

You're aware that Apple is pretty pro-privacy right? MS auto defaults everything to "Ok to send back" whereas Apple is the opposite.

express.co.uk/news/uk/664296/secretive-iPhone-factory-safety-nets-stop-suicides-Apple-Petagron
>The factory also includes a a safety net draped across the stairwell to prevent accidents or suicide attempts, which have dogged the closely guarded supply chain.
>However, China Labor Watch, a watchdog organisation, said 1,261 pay stubs from the Shanghai facility from September and October 2015 show evidence of excessive overtime.
>Also, workers at the factory revealed that they need to work overtime just to survive, with one employee claiming to earn just £230 a month from her shifts.
>The glimpse into the secretive Chinese plant comes just a month after a 26-year-old worker died amid claims he worked 12 hours a day.
>One undercover reporter had to work 18 days in a row despite repeated requests for a day off.
>The reporters found that the standards promised by Apple were routinely breached on the factory floor.

businessinsider.com/apple-and-dell-investigating-the-foxconn-working-conditions-2010-5
>let's be clear about one thing: the suicide rate at Foxconn is not particularly high.
>In fact, at 5.4 suicides per 100,000 people (400,000 people work at Foxconn), the Foxconn suicide rate is lower than it is in all 50 U.S. states.

>2880x1800
>Ultra HD (4K)
no

yes, just dongles.

suicide rates are different in different cultures though. For example, in the US, suicide rates are highest amongst middle aged white males.

>look mom, I posted it again!

Tripfagging, namefagging cancerous virgin. Kill yourself.

>telling someone to kill themself
How about you install Solus? It may take some of your anger away.

>Reddit

Wow, what a surprise. Kys

>merging files causes data loss
holy fuck this is way too retarded

systemd/Emacs shits all over that philosophy.

>debian does all the same stuff and is less resource hungry.
Of course, because it can't do all the things macOS can.

I have one of those. The minijack sucks and gets stuck on the "optic audio" mode because shitty design/materials leaving you without sound in your system. The only solution Apple offers is buy a new motherboard.

And this is the history how I stopped buying Apple products.

>le boogeyman OoooOooo
stop being 14 already jesus christ

>autistic fuckhead posts this daily
holy shit get a life

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/?task=search2&ghost=&search_text=>2006-2015 >trackpad impossible to click near upper edge >extremely loose near bottom edge&search_subject=&search_username=&search_tripcode=&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_media_hash=&search_op=all&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=post

>le

get the fuck off of this board and never come back

we hate you for a reason, you cancerous reddit fuck

>linux
>no file manager thumbnails

You w0t mate. You aren't even trying.

Our boy Louis Rossman explains
youtu.be/sfrYOWlKJ_g

>boogeyman
glad you're so loyal to a URL in your address bar you dumb child

desu i just embrace the wordfilter senpai

Where's the reddit in that screenshot?

More reasons not to buy an apple
Shit design: youtu.be/t7XSckjRPo0\
Chinkpads win every time: youtu.be/AFWJP5yCujw

nvm I'm a retard and can't read

also when I see screenfetch I only notice the OS, specs, and wallpaper

I don't hate it, I actually own an old 2012 macbook that works perfectly fine and I upgraded with ram and ssd+hdd through the years. Also own an old mac mini that I use as a plex/torrent/emergency dekstop. They both work fine for my needs. As many other companies with every new product iteration they seem to be taking a shit on everyone, taking stuff off and jacking up the prices. I don't like it, so I don't buy any more crap from them.
What I do honestly hate is new age hipster cunt cum guzzling fat fuckers that think they are superior because they are loyal to a brand that is regularly fucking them in the ass while kicking them in the balls. Not only the Apple zealots, anyone behaving like that needs to be put down.