FXChrome
> sjw company
explain
> all plugins to be broken soon
we'll see
> adware
explain

1 of 6 points for you pajeet.

Herr de durr i don't know how to use google.

>insecure
So much so that it was dropped from a hacking competition for being too easy.

>bloated
Because the goddamn browser needs to ship with third party bloatware like Pocket and Hello and EME.

>sjw company
Do you not know the name "brendan eich"?

>adware
Do you not know that the new tab page comes with ads by default?

>>Insecure
?
>>Bloated
What do you think of?
>>Awful UI design
No
>>SJW company
As long it isn't affecting the browser
>>All plugins to be broken soon
This could be a problem, but the useful ones will probably be updated
>>Adware
?
Are there any alternatives that aren't botnets or a meme no one uses.

I'm using it to browse the Internet. I don't care if it's a botnet. And you're probably just too stupid to hack me anyway.

aight.

1. source
2. remove it from the browser?
3. no
4. i always change the new tab to not display anything but white. so?

>Insecure
They all are insecure, use Firejail or Mbox

>Bloated
Every browser is even w3m has way too many 'features' however you realize you can just compile FF yourself and remove them right?

>Awful UI
Looks exactly like Jewggle Chrome UI made ugly for tablet fags except you get a search box

>SJW company
They all are because they desperately virtue signal in order to keep unions out of Silicon Valley. Employees are placated by the overt liberalism and don't notice how screwed they are getting with salaries and worthless options

>Plugins to be borked
True

>Adware
What

Own2pwn stopped allowing FF because it's too easy (no sandbox) however newer version of FF now have a sandbox. You can also make your own sandbox see Sandboxie (windows), or Firejail

pwn2own
kek

Also January this year FF made a massive strategy change abandoning their bullshit 'FirefoxOS' and other nonsense and focusing on their browser, as a result it now has a sandbox
wiki.mozilla.org/Security/Sandbox

Note it's not always about the browser jumping out of it's container but about malware accessing all the rest of your tabs and jacking everything, something FF finally paid attention to

The first right thing they've done in ages. Perhaps now if they go back to making a browser for power users, rather than a browser for grandmas...

Palemoon is the furfag browser.

>bad defaults don't matter because i can just change them :D :D :D

And you faggots are the ones that harp on Chrome even though they have similar options for what data you upload to the botnet, so I don't wanna hear this tired-ass excuse.

>adware

Yes. Note the "sponsored".

Because it's still the best browser out there despite all the flaws

But I haven't used Fx since 2008

I run an os that came with essentially few defaults. I can handle a few tweaks.

>Insecure
Like a botnet-owned browser is any better.

>Bloated
Firefox takes up just 92MB on my hard drive, while the Google Chrome folder (not even including the "Google Update" folder) is 362MB. And that's even though I use Firefox as my main browser and actually have some addons installed for it, while Chrome is still in factory standard configuration. And granted, Chrome uses less memory at least as a baseline, but I've been sitting here for five minutes waiting for it to load and it still hasn't given me so much as a usable window. Not to mention needing to use multiple processes for a single browser instance is a sign of poor design. Also, Firefox reported my connection was lost shortly after I started Chrome, and the connection came back right after I closed it, though I'm sure that's *pure coincidence*.

>SJW company
I'm a SJW myself, so why should that bother me? Besides, Google is getting pretty SJW themselves, haven't you seen their doodles lately? SJW is better than SJW plus botnet.

>Awful UI design
Wrong, Chrome has that stupid feature of combining the search and address bar into one, which means it's really awkward to search for information on a suspicious-sounding URL without actually going there by accident. Of course, Firefox for Android already uses a single combined bar, and I hear that they're going to be adding that for the PC version soon, but for the time being it puts Firefox far ahead, at least as far as I'm concerned.

Also, on Microsoft Windows at least, Mozilla at least conforms to the system UI, using a normal Windows window with menus at the top. Chrome forces its own window theme on the user, and worse, lacks a conventional menu bar entirely, having only one cluttered menu on the far right side of the screen, that's the only way to do anything. Firefox uses the equivalent area for shortcuts to common tasks, while still having a conventional set of menus that conform much better to the user's expectations.

(cont.)
>Adware
You mean that Firefox gives you quirky and sometimes social-justice-oriented messages on the home page? Basically a non-issue compared to the unaesthetic, intrusive, and bloated ads you find on just about every site these days, and you can always opt out by changing your home page.

it just works?

>stupid feature of combining the search and address bar into one
Yes, it's really irritating when some of the things you want to search for get interpreted as URLs.
Who thought this was a good idea? Fuck phones.

I can scroll my +100 tabs with mouse wheel.

been using it for 10+ years now and it just werks. i just recently moved to waterfox but it is just the same so yah.

Using Waterfox.

Chrome based browsers are pieces of shit with bad UI. Firefox based I can atleast change with addons like CTR and make look nice. You're retarded fuck off.

Nonbotnet Firefox Sync and more useful extensions.

t. firefox shill baiting for compliments

This.

>Because the goddamn browser needs to ship with third party bloatware like Pocket and Hello and EME.
And despite this, it manages to be substantially smaller than a new installation of Chrome.

>Do you not know the name "brendan eich"?
Explain why that makes the browser bad, then.

>Do you not know that the new tab page comes with ads by default?
I've been using Firefox regularly since 2012 and I've never seen that.

Because you can't disable EME with Chrome.

Because barely anyone offers simple plain text, markdown or minimal HTML/CSS websites.

I love it when I I find man pages or hipster blogs with just a few lines CSS and no javascript.

If only websites were tested in terminal browsers...

And you can still literally click an X to make it go away. Real "ads" don't give you that option.

>Explain why that makes the browser bad, then.
Not him but it's because they (SJWs) put politics ahead of making a good browser. They literally cared more about their CEO donating to an anti fag organization years ago than keeping a successful company and browser. Look at how much Firefox's user share has dwindled since Eich was forcibly removed by the 300lb blue haired dykes and the pink haired 90lb numales.

Use Waterfox to get rid of things like bloatware and telemetry. Not much different from 64bit Firefox but the small things count!

What amazes me about waterfox is that it removes features yet still ends up benching slower than ff

You're missing the point you retard.

But in practice the browser is still better than all the others. So I don't see why it's a big deal; whether I agree with the company's politics or not, I think it would be silly to use an inferior browser just because of that.

No, I'm not. It's absolutely nothing compared to what you already have to deal with on the internet. And as I've said, I've used firefox for years and never even NOTICED IT, even if it was there.

because I've always used it and its got all my cool plugins

it does crash every half our or so, though
anybody know why? didn't use to have problems till ~3 months ago

>slower
no
Fast for me and you don't get cucked by Mozilla.

I can't find a .deb for Iceweasel/Icecat

>>All plugins to be broken soon
They already had this feature well before 1.0 release