>upgrade to Nougat yesterday
>nothing is different

what am I missing?

Other urls found in this thread:

color.org/version4html.xalter
twitter.com/nexusCFX/status/844238217666793472
developer.android.com/about/versions/nougat/android-7.0-changes.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The version number is different. Otherwise, general security patches and hey, Nougat is better than Marshmallow. Ever had a Charleston Chew?

>The version number is different. Otherwise, general security patches and hey, Nougat is better than Marshmallow. Ever had a Charleston Chew?

man they sure have made a big deal out of which phones are getting it and which are not if there is no big difference or benefits to it I don't see what all the noise is about

Biggest change you'll notice is dual window and a more aggressive doze. And some ui changes. That's about all.

Android O will be pretty much the same. A once again note aggressive doze, which is good IMO.

>Biggest change you'll notice is dual window

how do I into dual window?

nothing

it still doesn't even have color management in 20 fucking 17

it's literally one of the worst OS's of all time.

Long press on the button for the appdrawer I think.

>Long press on the button for the appdrawer I think.

that just gives me a keyboard, is that the dual window?

>it still doesn't even have color management in 20 fucking 17

the colors on my phone seem pretty managed desu

The last big change that justified a major version number increase, was from Kitkat to Lollipop. Marshmallow and Nougat are just successive improvements of Lollipop.

Looks like your manufacurer ruined android, like most of them do

I mean the button where you see all your open apps.

>I mean the button where you see all your open apps.

oh i guess I am doing it wrong but i still don't see a difference

Notifications are redone a bit. Better battery life. Of course newest security fixes.

Android has been the same shit since 4.1

>Android has been the same shit since 4.1

MORE LIKE LAGDROID AMIRITE

color.org/version4html.xalter

i highly doubt it.
I'll be impressed if even the ICCv2 profiles work for you.

In my case, I switched from motorola's marshmallow to lineage nougat. Jesus the difference is huge under the hood. All those customizations and settings I didn't have before, like the software control buttons, systray icons, seconds on the clock, motorola's premium features like flip-to-donotdisturb and pick-up-to-mute-ringing built-in, no more forced ringtone fade-in, etc.

It's like going from windows 10 to 7, it's just wow, a world of difference under the hood, just nothing visible on your homescreen

I don't know about features, but the worst anti feature is that Xposed doesn't work on N.

It's better than Lollipop for sure. Remember 5.x? I have a faint memory of how android was different and awesome during my days with s4 mini. Oh man!

The multitasking button, long press the square button where you switch between apps

4.x to 5 was a huge change graphics-wise, but that's about it
I hate these frequent major version bumps. if you only make minor changes, increment the minor version number - that's what it's for anyway.

Not just graphics-wise, they also changed the runtime from Art to Dalvik.

Android 4.4.4 @ S2, works for me

fuck android

Better stability and battery life. Also small UI changes that make the experience just a little bit better. What are you expecting?

3 rupees were deposited into your loo.

Works fine on my Nexus 5x and my wife's Galaxy S4 perfectly fine. Is this supposed to be something Android had problems with?

>Better stability and battery life. Also small UI changes that make the experience just a little bit better. What are you expecting?

A new OS, like going from Windows 95 to 98

The improvements are under the hood, just like with Windows 98.

>The improvements are under the hood, just like with Windows 98.

windows 98 looks and feels totally different than 95 desu

No it doesn't. That's like saying Windows Vista and Windows 7 look totally different. It's the same general design with small changes.

Upgrading to nougat fucked my s7, can no longer fast charge and cant charge at all while the phone is on. Can only slow charge while the fuckers off. Tried various things. No luck.

>No it doesn't. That's like saying Windows Vista and Windows 7 look totally different. It's the same general design with small changes.

they look pretty damn different

nougat literally looks exactly the same as marshmellow

Supports Java 8.

Notifications looks a bit different and more importantly,

MUCH shorter battery life.

Now, "your mileage may vary" but the battery lasted a whole lot longer on my BV6000 before "upgrading" to Nougat.

Other than that... the GUI is slightly different but basically the same.

No Xposed and the recent apps switcher fucking sucks now. But hey, security patches.

I have but I'd rather have a smore any time

>beating a dead horse.gif

My battery was also acting up on upgrade -- 23 hours to charge and losing 1% a minute. So I just did a so-called "calibration". Let it drain to zero while I did shit, then charge to 100 while the phone's off. So far seems alright, though I can't really claim causality lol.

Nougat sucks

how can I stop the auto upgrade?

Android O gets color management:
twitter.com/nexusCFX/status/844238217666793472

>what am I missing?

your life

>tfw on android 4.2

>mfw I upgraded from kitkat to lollipop yesterday

Marshmallow to Nougat was probably the least exciting upgrade ever, it took me months to realize that my shield k1 tablet had the upgrade

>>mfw

you lose xposed

>has a meme chink phone with skinned Android
>OMG NUGET SUKS U GUISE

multi window mode
alt tab synonym (double tap the window switcher button)
lots of other small stuff

FPWP

This, fucking this.

Upgrading from Kit Kat to Nougat for me was very nice

>What am I missing?
Xposed

I'm running nougat (lineage os) and it's a good upgrade from lolipop. Not a big change but soles options are appreciated (some of them come from the custom ROM). Sound menu is really good on nougat compared to the shitty lolipop sound menu. My only regret is the Easter eggs that is shit and boring

That's a stupid face, should've stayed on KitKat.

>Upgrading from Kit Kat to Nougat for me was very nice

Can you do that?

I JUST WANT RADIO, MY SHITTY PHONE FROM 2013 RUNNING ANDROID 4.0 HAD IT WHY CAN'T A FUCKING S7 WITH THE LATEST HARDWARE AND SOFTWARE DO IT

Just in time to buy an s8

Doze was greatly improved, rendering some wakelock blocker apps redundant.
developer.android.com/about/versions/nougat/android-7.0-changes.html
Other than that, the UI is smoother than ever before and almost all Nougat custom ROMs use Magisk and not SuperSU as a rooting method.

>samshit
Found your problem, get a good phone

I literally never use the dual apps, even on a 6" its just too damn tiny

I got it as a gift

That logo is triggering me
Is it supposed to be one of those impossible shapes or is the designer just an idiot?

But there is an AMAZING KITTEN EASTER EGG! Go to version number, tap several times, tap several times on logo and then hold. There should appear cat head.
Then you have new tile in notifications drawer, where you can feed, name and collect kittens. I had 12 of them, even alien ones.

the light source is centered and above the the blue part. Other than that I see nothing out of the ordinary

The light source is also on the left, though. Look at the shadows around the purple parts.

Then they're also tilted, maybe even along with the background
The gradients are missing because they're not minimalistic enough
gotta go

Well would you look at that.

influence with your wallet and buy phones that have it, stupid faggot

read

Android 6.0 here. Works fine. Are you entertained now?

You have it backwards, moron