/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to produce a fine watch.

>Required Viewing For Newbies:
youtu.be/_2J5phyd9J4

>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.xuite.net/swatch70216/twblog/449636347-1050909-Swatch OurSwatch Quattro Charity Auction
massdrop.com/?origin=/buy/armourlite-pocket-watch
casiowatchparts.com/standart-digital/al-190w/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Orient, the /wt/ darling brand

Kinda want but that autism strap has to go back.

What a fucking meme watch

Who here has meme watches?

My meme

What's considered the best bang for your buck at around the £500 mark?
I'm looking for a daily wearer with leather strap and it must be quirky and distinctive. Quartz is also fine.

Denzel Washington from Aliexpress

Spend the rest on fags and booze

> Quirky and distinctive
> Quartz

>quirky and distinctive
Buy a black SARB and put it on a yellow leather strap

When you want a normal look again you can just switch the strap

casio oceAnus

Is that seriously a real watch?

blog.xuite.net/swatch70216/twblog/449636347-1050909-Swatch OurSwatch Quattro Charity Auction

This is a random question but here goes: when i was a boy my dad had a watch and it had an alarm which actually sounded like a chime/bell instead of the normal beep. The watch was analogue and I'm not entirely sure i didn't imagine this. Does this watch exist which has a nice sounding chime alarm?

There are plenty of mechanical alarm watches. Check out Vulain Cricket, JLC Memovox

Vulcain*

Would buy that in heartbeat if I had the money.

Very consistently -2 to -4, not bad for a half-century

So what's the deal with Junkers

Is this worth it, or am I just jewing myself?

massdrop.com/?origin=/buy/armourlite-pocket-watch

Probably capable of even better numbers if the regulation is fine tuned. That's a 56x movement if I recall correctly. It was one of the greatest production automatic movement designs of the pre-quartz era.

Cheap ebauches slapped in Chinese made cases assembled in Germany.

It's a 613, the manual-wind version of the 56x.

quartz master race reporting in
if you have a sub-$50,000 automatic, you are stupid and wasting money on a mediocre product designed to appeal to idiots with more money than sense
enjoy your inferior, ugly movement and massive markup, and also probably your dead watch in 15-20 years because nobody wants to service that crap

LOL

Nice. That whole family of movements was fantastic.

Post piles

For that person that was looking for a Lange 1 homage

Is a Lord Matic worth £50?

Take some more pics of that Huldra, fucker.

No. You can get 52xx LM Specials for that much, and they are better in every way.

Any good watch instagrams to follow? Anyone here have one ?

>Be selling a watch on ebay
>Go to all the trouble of taking a picture
>Don't take that extra millisecond to flip the date from Arabic to English

Showing that you have an Arabic date dial just tells me your watch is fake as fuck.

I love pepsi!

Thanks. Nice design. How do you like it? How's the accuracy been on the Miyota 9015?

your watch is gay and you should kill yourself

Get rid of everything except Omega, SNK and huldra. Sure are some nasty fucking shitters there.

It's a favorite. The cushion case and engineer bracelet are very comfy. Mine runs between +5 and +14 in six positions on a full wind. WR is great. Lume is okay. Bezel has half a click of play in it but not bad. Really enjoy it as a diver that's not a sub homage.

SARB033/35 and a leather strap from Watch Gecko, should cost under £300. Or spend a bit more for a SARX013/015 and a Watch Gecko strap. You can get the SARX017 but the fake croc on that looks cheap as fuck.

Pic related is my SARB033 on said strap.

See

Its actually a great watch. I have one. Only downside is that it sometimes pulls my hairy Italian arm hairs :(

I like that! I don't think I'd wear it but its a nice layout / feature set.

I need to expand my strap colors

nice one hander

Thanks it was all of $50 and when it's only got one hand who cares how much time it gains or loses

>3.5MB of shitters

Anyone like vintage Seikos like this Flightmaster? cira 1989, fuckers.

I like vintage Seikos, but not ones like the flightmaster.

I've got:
1967 Seikomatic-P 5106
1971 LM Special 5206-6020
1972 LM Social 5206-6060
1975 King Seiko Special 5256-8010

I have a c.1989 Seiko but it's a pretty different style

The 5S21 movement is pretty neat.

It's started running at (exactly) double speed sometimes when it warms up to skin temperature. Took it to a Seiko boutique for a repair estimate and the answer was essentially "Lol, no".

That's too bad. I guess try and find a watchmaker who's worked on those movements before?

It has to just be easier to get a cheap donor movement in an uglier case and get it swapped in - unless you have a recommendation?

Well a 5S21 movement is on ebay right now.

www.ebay.ca/itm/401235255169

Thanks, looks like almost an exact match. Might grab one.

My quite old Casio AL-190W (a watch rechargeable with a little solar panel) battery life is dying, and now it can't last few days without seeing the sun.
"EECE0EL205N" point me to a discontinued Panasonic capaitor, and I can't found anything.
Do you know where I can get the part? (bonus for europe)

Yes, it's dirty, I opened it for the very first time, i'm going to clean that.

pic related from the internet shows the said battery

casiowatchparts.com/standart-digital/al-190w/
?

What do you mean?

>after battery replacement shed light onto glass for a while

I love the japs

Hello /wt/.
I came from /csg/ searching for advice from you.
I am going to Switzerland soon and everyone tells me about the watches. I decided to come here for some advice.

I come from the motherland of cheap shit yet I am willing to put a little more money for a nice watch. Around $250.
What can that net me? Please take into account that I'm not really into it. Just want some good looks. Something simple would be great

>I'm not really into it. Just want some good looks
I don't think you need our help deciding what you think has "good looks."

You can get a Swatch straight from the horse's ass!

Doubtful you're going to get a watch that is actually "swiss made" (the term has gotten so diluted) for $250. The cost of something that really is all hand made, in house, in switzerland is generally measured in kilobucks.

Find a Seiko or Orient that you like and have it shipped to your hotel in Switzerland

Just buy an Orient

Not to be an asshole, but for that kind of budget you'll find exactly ZERO things actually remarkable or well made.

I think you should save a little more and focus in quality build Seikos that are around 300 usd. Forget about Switzerland for now.

The angle of this photo pleases my autism.

Once I got this for a phone glass

R8 my watch Sup Forums
It's 48 mm and it's a great conversation starter

HEINOUS.

Are there any watches closer to this than the casio futurist/poptone lines?

It looks like they hired one of the WinAmp theme creators to design it. Could work with a teal colored shirt and some color adjustments..

Change the gold bits to be salmon pink, the springs to be milano red and give the light silver metal a brushing of periwinkle gray...it'll sell big time, trust me.

>Sup Forums will never have its own watch

It's never worth it unless you really want it

Watches that look good on wristlets?

Get vintage.

>being this jelly of an alpha male watch
shame

Aside from the OEM bracelet off the SARG013 where can you get a good bracelet that will fit the SARG's/Alpinist

Repostan because I love it

>'Sup Forums will never have its own watch'
>custom Vostok dial
How about no

Some of you I'd bully mercilessly.

is that who i think it is

>tfw want this

Should I?

tfw no Seiko LM special

yes

did he become anorexic

hospitalized a couple of times for a collapsed lung

It's pretty cool. Way too expensive for what it is unfortunately. The only people I see buying that are ZRC collectors or people who have too much money.
I'd like a vintage one of those, but they're way out of my price range at the moment.

Oh and the 2824 and non standard lugs are annoying.