BIOS Update Drastically Increases Ryzen’s Game Performance | Benchmarking

youtube.com/watch?v=HX_WEvEzR64

INTEL KEKS BTFO

Other urls found in this thread:

infoworld.com/article/3186781/processors/intels-cannonlake-pc-chip-shipments-may-slip-into-next-year.html#tk.rss_news
pbs.twimg.com/media/C8bY7ooUwAAhke0.jpg:orig
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>redgamingtech
redteam+

I looked in the about and it seems to be named that because the main guys has the handle "crimsonrayne"

Which is edgy as fuck but that's a separate matter.

Intel getting blown the fuck out with every update

Is this real or fake? Any other sources on this?

so when are they going to fix the broken IOMMU shit?

>RedGamingTech
Haha. Yeah, no.

I want to hold hands with amada

I want to walk her home gently

After they get the memory controller sorted out this month.

Faggot. He has no affiliation with AMD.

He covers all aspects of gaming from PC's to consoles.

Consoles are AMD

The only aspect of gaming that matters is the Intel+Nvidia one

Working on that Harem, I see.

I ordered my Ryzen system over a month ago and I'm still waiting for a motherboard to show up at my door.

was thinking of upgrading to Ryzen 1600X from my Skylake i7-6700K once ITX mobos come out with X300 chipset. discovered that my fast ram doesn't work at rated speeds on ryzen. my dual ranked dimms (G.Skill TridentZ DDR4-3200 @ 14-14-14-34) wont clock to my specifications as they do on my i7-6700K.

Maybe some BIOS updates will happen that will let this RAM shine, but totally pointless right now.

>was thinking of upgrading to Ryzen 1600X from my Skylake i7-6700K
KEK

That's a motherboard issue, you should contact ASUS/ASROCK/MSI/etc for that

>mobos still MIA

Either nobody is literally making them(which is retarded), or there's very high demand.

yes they will. its just bios issues that are being ironed out almoast daily

You know this is FAKE, right?

BIOS has nothing to do with performance, performance comes from the CPU, not motherboard, if your USB is bugged then you need a BIOS update, if your chip is shit performance then you don't need a BIOS update.

Really clueless tech illiterate people everywhere.

BIOS can apply microcode updates to the CPU, like to fix a bug causing poor performance.

Nice try, intel shill. Everybody but you seems to understand that your computer is constantly switching into virtual86 mode to run legacy hardwired real-mode binaries so the NSA can spy on you. You won't convince us otherwise at this point

The DRAM latency reduction AGESA update hasn't even hit.

this guy seems to have downs

I don't want to overclcock my rig, I am seriously thinking of sending the cpu and motherboard back and buying an i7 7700k rig. I am not an engineer nor did I pay 1300 Canadian dollars to beta test a platform that AMD rushed out the door before it was ready!

How true is this? Next week i will buy new cpu and mobo so... I'm between i7 7700 and R7 1700.

Wat do Sup Forums ?

A M D - Wait (tm) For the Drivers (r)

JUST GIVE ME $100 i5 6400S IN CANADIAN PESOS

Who is this semen demon?

If you watch the video he mentions the largest performance increases were in games like Hitman and Tomb Raider, two games that were giving Ryzen a hard time.

What do you think happened on the BIOS side? What can happen? Can a microcode update fix some CCX issues?

BIOS deals with P-states, which are rather critical when performance is in question, but I don't think this is sorely due to BIOS updates, Windows updates should do some lifting in this case as well

AMDrones don't know what to do if they're not waiting for something.

infoworld.com/article/3186781/processors/intels-cannonlake-pc-chip-shipments-may-slip-into-next-year.html#tk.rss_news

It's a good thing we're in this together :P

>Those 8th Generation Core laptops may be more attractive to customers. The first 10-nm Cannonlake chips will be slower than 14-nm 8th Generation Core processors. Intel acknowledged the speeds during the manufacturing event, with a chart showing 10-nm chips catching up with 14-nm chip performance in one to two years.

WHAT INT HE FUCK

Your RAM will most likely work and if not, there's gonna be a BIOS update coming. The issue here is "upgrading" from a 6700k to a 1600x - not even a 1800x would qualify as an upgrade unless you're doing heavily multithreaded workloads.

You got a Skylake that's the same shit as Kabylake, just clocked slightly lower, are you retarded? Why would you upgrade?

If anything your upgrade should either be a 10 core or higher.

>Ryzen 1600X from my Skylake i7-6700K
Dude, your 6700k will absolutely trash a 1600x in gaming.

Just overclock it a bit and it'll wreck an 1800x too. Hell it'll probably be a bit faster at stock.

You ever see a post and think "no self respecting Sup Forums memer would use sentence structure and punctuation like this" and then you remember how often people claim paid shills are around here?

Nintendo Switch is Nvidia and Wii U was IBM+ATi
Nice try shill

>Nintendo Switch is Nvidia

I guess that explains the heat, slowdown, and dropped frames

Kek

(You)

You have to be pretty desperate to shill this badly and make up lies.

No one does it better than Intel.

>BIOS has nothing to do with performance

>Basic Input/Output system
>has anything to do with how fast CPU does stuff

the ps3 was also nvidia + ibm

Does anyone know where I can get those printed and screened on posters?
I want to hang them in my office.

The twitter handle is on the image, remember to tack on ":orig" to the end of any twitter image url
e.g. pbs.twimg.com/media/C8bY7ooUwAAhke0.jpg:orig
to get the same size file as was uploaded.
If you want to know where to print something search for a print shop.

Well, it doesn't, unless the OS you're running is shit, or the "performance" you're trying to clock is during boot time.

Early OSs used to have a parenthetical relationship between launch chaining and syscall chaining, as follows:
>hardware is hard-wired to start BIOS
>BIOS starts [bootloader which in turn kills itself after starting] kernel
>kernel supports starting programs
>program queries kernel
>kernel queries BIOS
>BIOS operates hardware

Now it's usually more like this:
>hardware is hard-wired to start BIOS
>BIOS kills itself after starting [bootloader which in turn kills itself after starting] kernel
>kernel supports starting programs
>program queries kernel
>kernel bypasses BIOS and directly operates hardware

AMD strong.

As someone said, the BIOS controls hardware P and C state tables, which are critical to the performance of the CPU

very reliable source... not

BIOS UPDATES DON'T EXIST OKAY WHY WOULD ANYONE UPDATE THEIR BIOS ANYWAY THAT'S NERD SHIT

(you)

ITS NOT RELIABLE BECAUSE I SAID SO GOYIM

That'll get decent 3200mhz kits down to below 70ns, faster kits will hit 60ns.
Not terribly far off from intel's 45-50ns.

Most of these gaming kids don't understand technology anyhow. They just shitpost to bait people. Those who do actually know their shit do not pick 'teams' they pick whichever has the best bang for buck and not at launch. Intel and Nvidia have had their share of shitty launches in the past. The trouble is most of the posters on this board are too fucking young to remember or care. Anyhow. The wait meme is right. For *ALL* company launches. Buying a brand new platform at launch is stupid. I purchased a RX480 which I enjoy. But I jumped the shark somewhat since a couple of months later I could have purchased a better binned version with lower power usage and higher overclocking potential. Being at the cutting edge is always risky.

I don't see any reason to spend money on mobo+ryzen+cpu cooler+Windows because I have a 6600k which gonna be enough for 2 more years. If you're a gaymer you most likely have a similar cpu, so who's gonna buy ryzen?

>intel performance gains so bad they sliped into negative

Everyone's sitting on Sandy/Ivy, people who actually want/need moarcoarz, some AMD fans? Good fucking competetive CPUs, what's not to like?

don't worry, I'm sure the Taiwanese child slaves are working 23 hours a day at least. You can play your video game soon white man

Oh my sweet summer children. Neither of you understand how hardware works.

I have a 4690k and I hope amd's equivalent to the i7 is competitive. That way I don't have to upgrade my mobo if I want a newer cpu fuck that shit

I have a gsync display so no vega for me. I still hope vega is as good as ryzen is shaping up to be

Y-y-yeah red means he works for AMD

Hmm.....

It is competetive, yet they need to fix AM4 platform in general.

ivy i5 user, just waitâ„¢ing for ryzen 2

1700 is $329 though

This.

>its competitive

there aren't any legit reviews out yet. fuck anything that comes out before embargo is lifted

How much is the pay shilling for Intel?

Considering people tested 2+2 configs, it's competetive, but I'd take these 'tests' with a grain of salt anyway.

Not everyone who points out a fake is a paid shill.

Oh, sorry.
Nice to meet you, Schlomit.

I personally am waiting for gamers nexus because they strike the balance of producing content that is detailed, rigorous, and easy to understand for me. Also their focus of gaming lines up with my hobby. I am cautiously optimistic for the rest of ryzen, though I'm not sure my cpu cooler is transferrable to AM4. It has the AM3 bracket at least

Contact the manufacturer, most are shipping AM4 brackets free long as you prove you need them.

>shilling nexus
At least say Wendell, schlomo.

This is the state of Sup Forums in 2017
infested with plebbitors

Well that's nice to know. My processor isn't too old yet at least.

They praised the 1700 for its outstanding performance especially when compared to the i7 6800 line, but that doesn't matter to shit posters.

Buy a 1400, 1600, or 1700

Do you game exclusively or do other stuff that can leverage 16 threads? The answer is obvious

get 1600x=1800x

Their testing methodology was still full of shit.

XD

>t. (((White))) man

lol :3

please elaborate

not even other tasks that leverage 16 threads, do you play games and have a video on in the background? maybe a long youtube podcast or something?

Do you have other programs open at the same time as you game?

Do you shut everything down when you want to game and boot up fresh?

Most benchmarks are done when the computer has a bare minimum of other applications running, not a real world use scenario, at least in my experience.

>Do you have other programs open at the same time as you game?

Nope. How can you be watching a youtube video while gaming? You can't be engaged fully in both, especially not if you are playing multiplayer. I don't understand people who do this. An i7 is sufficient for background applications, but I understand that amd is closing the performance gap between the 1700 and i7.

Its not boot times. Its power regulation which is managed by the UEFI (Which isnt basic at all. Its the firmware that runs the motherboard and the chipset underneath.)

But most importantly. Which is a point that all the shills in this thread have ignored and tried to sweep under the rug. "BIOS" updates contain microcode. And if you seriously deny that microcode impacts performance, maybe you should remind Intel of that too. And then they'll stop releasingg their many updates per quarter.

The differences between Ryzen and Kaby Lake are that Ryzen is getting updates every week which can't piggyback on kernel updates because kernel patches aren't released that frequently. And Kaby Lake is just Sky Lake with better power management and a newer chipset. All the microcode debugging for this arch is already done. Its no secret that Ryzen is the testing platform for when AMD released Naples for the server market.

Now fuck off.

Will Naples bring the Shoah to Intel finally?

Yes. Its already shoah with Skylake-X being housefires.