With the release of APFS, will macOS officially be flawless?

With the release of APFS, will macOS officially be flawless?

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/01/bitrot-and-atomic-cows-inside-next-gen-filesystems/
bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/ source/linux/ bug/317781
arstechnica.com/apple/2016/06/a-zfs-developers-analysis-of-the-good-and-bad-in-apples-new-apfs-file-system/
arstechnica.com/staff/2006/08/4995/
arstechnica.com/apple/2011/07/mac-os-x-10-7/12/
developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2016/701/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Maybe. Shame apple doesn't seem to give a fuck about anything mac anymore and is focused on gimmick trash instead of actual improvements.

>APFS

Not even close to being 'released' yet, root filesystem is still HFS+ and you can only format volumes APFS in bash. Still making better progress than ReFS which I haven't heard anything from MS about in years.

Is that the best troll you can come up with? Read your Enderle and Thurrot.

>root filesystem is still HFS+
what?

bruh they just released APFS for iOS as a root file system (which makes the phones stupid faster btw) so its pretty close being released.

>be 10 steps behind
>take 3 sideways and 2 forward

It's so pretty

Behind what?
Linux? Yeah the filesystem on linux is vastly superior rest on it is mostly debatable.
Windows with it's NTFS is behind all of competition.

>toddlerOS

I use a FagBook Pro 2011 that runs Sierra. I need a quick rundown on this new file system. What practical advantages does it have?

> makes the phones stupid faster btw
nope, they just sped up the animations in iOS 10.3 too.
so even those stuck on an iPhone 5, that didn't get APFS, reported a speed-up thinking it was due to APFS.

>Linux?
what?
Linux next-gen fs is btrfs which is in development hell and still not stable.

ext4/ntfs/hfs+ are more or less from the same fs gen (when journaling was new):
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2014/01/bitrot-and-atomic-cows-inside-next-gen-filesystems/
except ext4 had some serious data loss problems when it was first used in 2009:
bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/ source/linux/ bug/317781
the one thing a fs shouldn't ever do is loss data, thus Linux' ext4 is the shittiest.
also since btrfs isn't materializing, they started to add new features to ext4 again, thus making it harder to maintain.

>Behind what?
zfs is obv the gold-standard when it comes to fs

>spoonfeed me

Yeah. Spoonfeed me. I don't want to read a big page of pretentious horse shit on Apple's site.

Then read it on another, shit for brains.

I don't want to. I'm too lazy.

>What practical advantages does it have?
for the average user: none

the only thing an average user cares in a fs is that her data doesn't get lost.

like there's any other source and anyone will even bother to reverse-engineer it when Apple said they will make the spec public and even hinted at making it completely open-source.

the best you get is someone else interpreting Apple's current documentation:
arstechnica.com/apple/2016/06/a-zfs-developers-analysis-of-the-good-and-bad-in-apples-new-apfs-file-system/

and for problems with HFS+ there are always old Siracusa reviews:
arstechnica.com/staff/2006/08/4995/
arstechnica.com/apple/2011/07/mac-os-x-10-7/12/

>I don't want to read a big page of pretentious horse shit on Apple's site
they also have a video:
developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2016/701/

>her

MacOS, like every other OS will never be flawless. And adding new features or programs often causes more bugs than they fix.