>2gb ram, dual core atom
>even loading webpages in chrome lagged
>used it a shitton because of how light and portable it was
>didn't care too much about it because it cost like €150
>fast forward to now
>get a new, bigger, more powerful laptop
>rarely use it
>only now I'm starting to realize how comfy that smaller laptop was

when did you realize small laptops are the king, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

userbenchmark.com/UserRun/1472884#PROCESSOR
asus.com/Notebooks/ASUS-Vivobook-E200HA/
cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Celeron-N2830-vs-Intel-Atom-x5-Z8350/m12104vsm143924
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>chrome lagged
what a surprise, need i remind you it was made by the same company as android?

I am bit conflicted on this. Had 13'3 Air and got 12 rMB afterwards and while it's better at basically everything at times I do miss a bigger screen even though the resolution is almost doubled. Also the Air looks better when it's open on the table while rMB looks "too small".

Though obviously anything bigger and heavier than Air would be fucking ridiculous. It's supposed to be a PORTABLE computer not a smaller desktop.

I'd get Xubuntu on it and use Opera.

Interesting, I went through the same thing recently.

I bought an ASUS X200MA with a shitty dual core Celeron and 4GB, 500GB shitty HDD. It was so damn convenient. I carried it everywhere. Sold it for a 17" Lenovo gaming rig. I really regret it. The ASUS could go anywhere, had a touchscreen, was cheap, and I didn't worry much about taking care of it.

I think netbooks still have their place in society... I'm considering getting another similar 11" netbook. Any suggestions?

Why going from one extreme to another? Don't be a cheapfag and get an ultrabook. It's best of both worlds.

Find me an 11" ultrabook without the flip flopping screen shit / hybrid for less than $300. I need a laptop not a tablet.

>1.8GHz dual core
>2GB Ram

Have to really be fussy over scripts and use XFCE/MATE, but I love this thing and I'll break my heart when it dies.

11" is pretty tricky indeed but go up to 12" and there are tons of non retarded choices and depending on bezels and the likes, the size might be the same.

When my desktop broke and I had to start using a 15" laptop that I cannot be arsed to move from my desk because of how wide and heavy it is

When I got an X60 because muh libreboot and ended up using it way more than my T420
Laptops are meant to be portable

Notebooks are supposed to be PORTABLE

anything more than 12 inches is literally autistic tier

got a chromebook earlier this year. couldn't be happier. I'm using every week day probably around 4h/day at college. that shit's got 10 hours of battery, it's unbelievable.

Suggestions?

Acer E3-111 line. Dual core Celeron, but passive cooling and very light. Change the HDD for a SSD and you will have a comfy notebook, very light and with no noise other than some coilwine once in a while

userbenchmark.com/UserRun/1472884#PROCESSOR

The specs are terrible. But I love it anyway.

And with the SSD I make 5+ hour of web browsing and documents creation

Excellent. Specs are almost similar to the X200MA I had. But it looks to be from the Windows 8 era, any newer ones?

Not that have a good price and size in comparation. You can also upgrade the ddr3L, I got mine to 8gb. Easy to disable and change stuff.

Why not get another ASUS? asus.com/Notebooks/ASUS-Vivobook-E200HA/

Weight in grams, with SSD instead of HDD

That's an Intel Atom. My Celeron was faster.

Celeron laptops are good and dirt cheap get one of those

You get 2ghz dual core which is fine

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Celeron-N2830-vs-Intel-Atom-x5-Z8350/m12104vsm143924

The newer Atom shits all over that old Celeron.

I find the flipflop screen is useful for using your ultrabook as a makeshift desktop.

But ultrabooks are too big to be used as tablets.

I got an Asus X205TA which is a quad atom but only 2gigs.

works extremely well for what is intended. Doesn't lag in chrome unless i want to open more than 4 tabs.

Really impressed. Got for around 100 € bucks used like new.

Chromebooks
Acer Chromebook r11 is pretty fucking great, if you can get past chromeos, and if you cant, there's always linux

What if you can't get past ChromeOS OR Linux?