When is the USB-C meme going to begin?

When is the USB-C meme going to begin?

Probably never since no input devices use it. Limited to mobile garbage.

>there will be no usb c monitors in your lifetime

Soon. Nintendo already adapted, I'm sure companies are going to follow suit.

USB-C is going to be a huge disaster when cables start frying ports and hardware.

>using USB
>ever

Ever since Firewire died I had to move back to machines that use serial ports

fuck you Sup Forums and fuck the tech industry normies

It already has since apple are using it on there MacBooks now.

It hasn't already? Seems pretty memey to me.

I had no USB-C cables last month, now I have 7. It's catching on pretty fast. This time next year micro usb will be phased out on most, if not all phones being produced.

>Calling a technological standard that actually improves quality a meme
Literally every Smartphone I ever had (Galaxy SII, iPhone 4, Xperia Z3) has issues where the flimsy MicroUSB has to be put in E X A C T L Y at the right angle in order to contact.
Everytime I flash my SII I am afraid the connection will die and brick everything.
MicroUSB is shit and has to die.

Right after we completely switch to IPv6 and deprecate v.4

I have several USB-C devices.
Computers and peripherals.

Time to step up your game user.

>Retinaâ„¢ comes out
>Apple markets the fuck out of it
>two years later there are 10+ high-res competitors
>five years later it's half of every major lineup

same thing happening with USB-C
based Apple
>Sup Forums shits all over Apple because it's for "stupid people" (they can't afford it)
>they're actually the only mainstream company driving innovation for consumer computers

I hate this hipster board so much sometimes

It already has. I have to deal with it every day at work.

>t. Mactoddlers

it's the superior connection type
the issue is companies trying to implement it
also the fact that thunderbolt 3 is usb c but not all usb c is thunderbolt

My desktop PC, laptop, and phone all have USB-C ports (the one on the laptop is thunderbolt as well) and I don't own any Apple devices.

>Apple makes shitty battery draining high dpi screens that scale to tiny barely usable workspaces
>Other manufacturers follow suit and ruin their devices too
>Apple implements shitty device killing cable standard that nothing uses
>Other manufacturers follow suit and ruin their devices too
And fuck Apple for forcing the thin meme as well.

I am literally flashing new Software to an outdated phone in order to fight forced capitalist techno-comsumption, but the closed source hardware, made of materials that will last millenia, starts to break because of inferiour technological standards

>muh macfag
do you even donate to Canonical and Mozilla, since you don't seem the type to contribute by developing something yourself, bro

>he pays to post
laughing_whores.jpg

I hate Apple more than anybody on this board and I agree with standardizing USB-C

>not having multiple Sup Forums passes
haha it's like you literally enjoy being a Google slave

I don't own a single Apple device other than an old iPod classic which I haven't used for 5 years

>2017 and Apple is still the only company producing usable computers with high PPI displays
enjoy your Windows buggy scaling or your completely unusable Linux bullshit you autist lol

>And fuck Apple for forcing the thin meme as well.

A demand for thinness has been around forever, long before Apple started doing it.

>Linux
>Bullshit
REEEEEEE GTFO the board that is literally named after /gentoo/linux

Hello 2011.

All ultrabooks are using it, many new computers from the major manufacturers are using it, source I'm a tech.

I have a 2015 rMBP (it's the only Apple device I own) and the ridiculous DPI makes text editing and layout an eyegasm

Too bad it's only good for text editing lol

>when cables start frying ports and hardware
>cables start frying ports and hardware
>cables
>frying
What in the world.

>use proprietary USB-C to HDMI adaptator that doesn't work with standard adaptators
>instead of DisplayPort trough Thunderbolt 3
why Nintendo did that

USB-C supports active cables and chink ones could probably manage to break something

>I haz apple device
>good dpi
You dun goofed.

I remember that thread during the Apple event. It was retarded then and is retarded now. What a dumb waste of battery life and performance for laptops. Years later when they announced the 5k iMac, Sup Forums praised Apple because that resolution is actually useful on a desktop.

>buy new motherboard
>can't avoid having USB-C connectors all over the back of it
>potential USB 3.1 connections get eaten up by its retarded shit

but there isnt a reason to abandon v4 you dumbass

my motherboard has usb-c

ryzen board

don't buy chinese trash

I didn't say there was. I'm answering OPs question.

oh wait ok im retarded

>tfw apple adopted usb-c in their macbook and made it terrible on purpose so that they could slander usb-c's name and introduce their own (((standard))) to make additional revenue and take over the world

Same. My phone's charging port is getting worse and worse. Same thing happened to my last phone.

Never again.

>What a dumb waste of battery life and performance for laptops.

Yeah I hate it when limits are pushed and other things are forced to adapt for a better overall end. Why can't we all just use monochrome 640x480 displays?

Google engineer already killed a chromebook pixel with a bad cable from amazon.

There's a lot of things that won't happen in our lifetimes, or things that will come out too late for us to appreciate

My LG V20 uses usbc instead of micro usb and its great. Micro usb is so just flimsy and shitty.

There's an LG one out now, idiot.

Surpringly mico usb was designed for 30k incerts

Can someone explain why there are double-male ended USB-C plugins? I understand the switch from micro-USB on smartphones, but computers with USB-C are so rare

Never you fucking spic

>but computers with USB-C are so rare
It's actually quite a common feature on newer motherboards.
They haven't starting appearing on front panels yet, though.

Modern motherboards all have it.
Modern high-end laptops all have it.

>lets use one wire for everything!
>normalfags don't realize some wires are underrated for the amount of current their particular device requires
literal housefire

because Thunderbolt is proprietary to Intel?
because a Thunderbolt host controller jacks up the price by a substantial amount?

(You)

Never, we are perfectly happy with what we have thank you very much

>years ago friend asks which motherboard to buy
>tell him to wait for USB-C instead
Feel embarrassed whenever I think about it desu

I don't have a Mac. (me)

Step up your game again user, if you think that 2016 Mac hardware is only USB-C.

>inb4 Buy a USB 3.0 hub

>USB-C is rare
No shit, sherlock. It's new.