How can Linus afford to pay literally 20 people to work for him...

How can Linus afford to pay literally 20 people to work for him? As well as drop 200k+ on film-grade digital camera and SSDs storage?

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/Did-Linus-Torvalds-make-money-with-Linux
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

by shilling

By having multiple streams of revenue outside of youtube ads. Fucking simple

He writes a hell of a kernel, and is reponsible for maintaining it.

>"Here's 10k to talk about our new graphics card"

Because he invented Linux. Of course he will be rich because he is so smart.

Are you capable of anything except shitposting?

He does have a lot of ads on every single video. I wonder how much he makes.

Most of that stuff is sponsored so he doesn't pay out of pocket for it

this

literally advertisment and shilling
and company relations

"Hey WD we need a lot of hard drives for our media company, we can show your shit off a lot..."

"OKAY GUYS HERE ON LinusTechTips we're gonna show you our awesome 40 4TB RAID Server - thanks to the guys at WD for giving us some of their highest end drives"

They may get shit free, or a discount.

Majority are probably unpaid interns as well as the other stuff. BC has an oversaturation of film students and studios setting up shop and closing up almost every other week, so in all likelihood kids will want the experience.

quora.com/Did-Linus-Torvalds-make-money-with-Linux

kek

?

Protip: he can't

Canada's a giant welfare state, and their dollar's worth next to nothing (less than USD), so it's not like it costs much to high a bunch of social media majors to do retarded stuff for you.

>networth estimates Torvalds value to be at 150m

>As well as drop 200k+ on film-grade digital camera and SSDs storage?
>How do taxes work?
>How is corporate income different than personal income?
Seriously, I don't expect Sup Forums (where people are workaday programmers at best?) to understand media businesses, but Linus Media Group is precisely that. It's not a tech business, and if you assume "Well I know all this stuff, I'm equally smart, I could get paid to do this!" you're missing what his business actually is by mistaking it for the subject matter it features. Do "celebrity chefs" make money because they're the absolute best chefs? Do the richest musicians make money because they make the best music, by some subjective or technical measure, that no one else could make?

Are you?

So...

Jews?

Jews.

>Seriously, I don't expect Sup Forums (where people are workaday programmers at best?) to understand media businesses

Get off your high horse, you're here too and you'd be surprised who else visits this place.

no