youtube.com/watch?v=AWZvwhwT1Sk
youtube.com/watch?v=W9gsu_YWUzE
youtube.com/watch?v=YKuuDtEMjpk
omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/01/wine-2-0-released-supports-microsoft-office-2013
codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/microsoft-office-2013
launchpad.net/~plasmazilla/ archive/ubuntu/releases
blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Parse source files containing spaces in their filename when using GNU Make.

Play AAA vidya @ 1440p144FPS

Linuxcucks btfo

>all these eye cancer unusable interfaces

What does this have to do with the kernel?

>tfw Linux will never be able to do this
:^)

Welcome to VSTs

:(

you know linux has VST/LADSPA plugins available for it, too, right?

have fun registering plugins.

what do you mean?

Overpriced crap.

No one will take you seriously if you use anything else in a professional environment.

It's not like anyone in his right mind would want to use any of the '''''''alternatives''''''' if he had the choice.

A classic GNU one.
>cable simulator spotted
Is that Reason?

It's an emulation of an ARP 2600 by Arturia

>all this awful VST plugins
why
stop buying into memes and buzzwords

Does Mad Max count? Because that game runs amazingly well under Vulkan.

Visual studio.

It's one of the main reasons I'll be bound to Windows for the foreseeable future. Not for the games, but all the professional audio, video and graphical software that's just not there on Linux. Linux is nice if you like to play with your OS, but beyond that you'll have to do with buggy hobby software.

> Single-Threaded app

DROPPED

Not handle more than 2 CPUs

Hi femanon :3
It's me again ^^

It actually has a lot of those software synths

Plus it can run bitwig and audacity, which are as good as it gets

>buying

kek

good joke senpai

>bitwig and audacity
>as good as it gets

What software is that?

Is it just a spectrogram visualizer, or it also has the editing capabilities of iZotope RX (or even Spectralayers)?

baudline.

[spoiler]it's just an analyzer.[/spoiler]

>it's just an analyzer

So what's the point of posting it in response to someone talking about RX?

It's like someone saying there's no good video editing program on a certain operating system, and someone giving him a video player.

because i didn't read the thread nor looked at OP's picture for more than 2 seconds

bye

Hi OP, no problem if i post some pasta to add some extra background to the thread for those interested?

Kicad
youtube.com/watch?v=CCG4daPvuVI
Natron
youtube.com/watch?v=V2MvbfuITT8
Blender
youtube.com/watch?v=wDRTjzLNK0g
Krita
youtube.com/watch?v=raKHHFv4nN8
Krita
youtube.com/watch?v=ZEoJgQAfb5Y
Lightworks
youtube.com/watch?v=7znIHsyqfm0
Kdenlive
youtube.com/watch?v=E8hO4K7mZG4
Unity3D
youtube.com/watch?v=O4BUcIDdpAM
Opentoonz
youtube.com/watch?v=lGFUtqM8oAs
Godot engine
youtube.com/watch?v=Dqumdhqy8Uw
BricsCAD VS Autocad
cad.softwareinsider.com/compare/5-10/AutoCAD-vs-BricsCAD
Bricscad
youtube.com/watch?v=4eLM3NrOJms
Freecad Demo
youtube.com/watch?v=5XW0AqKG5zI
Freecad BIM
youtube.com/watch?v=Qmjz6WXyWBY
Freecad & 3D printing
youtube.com/watch?v=TqZeThC38ug
Gimp 2.10 features
youtube.com/watch?v=D5RIveQypgw
How to install photoshop on wine
youtube.com/watch?v=7-Mo3GTcOQ4
Digikam
youtube.com/watch?v=mnk_VzedqlU
Pixar Film Production
youtu.be/JmH4KYcmHOo
Linux art 1
sylvia-ritter.com/new-gallery/
Linux art 2
peppercarrot.com/

It can tho, relevant pasta. Pic not related.

Not him but the no games argument is not true anymore. Windows is the best os for gaming mostly due to most game developers are trained into developing for it with microsoft's closed APIs, so the simple process of porting a game that was developed for windows to any other platform will affect negatively the performance of the game. This with the fact that the marketshare is small compared to windows there's hardly an incentive at the moment to optimize for linux, making look as if the platform were worse for games than windows when in fact to flip the situation you'll need to change the idiosyncrasies on the industry itself.

The fact though is that the situation on linux is not nearly the same than two years ago and now those who prefer linux over windows now can play games on it, helping to break the vicious circle, but still there's a lot of things to do for linux to compete in the gaming side. I anyone wants for this to change i recommend to play the games you can on linux when possible and ask for linux ports.

I notice some people doesn't want's for this to happen but if that the case let me ask (not directed specifically to the person i'm replying): how are any of you benefited in a meaningful way with the current situation? because i consider that keeping the statu quo just to have a tool to win an argument on what OS is better is not a meaningful thing. how having less options and practically being locked to MS products benefits you?

Some links:
steamdb.info/linux/
store.steampowered.com/search/?category1=998&os=linux
youtube.com/watch?v=yXr8bqzf45Y
youtube.com/user/tuxreviews/videos
youtube.com/user/airspeedmph
youtube.com/user/Jakejw93/videos
youtube.com/user/mrdeathjr28/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=AWZvwhwT1Sk
youtube.com/watch?v=W9gsu_YWUzE

;)

But user, QT already destroys VS and allows you to create true cross-platform programs.
youtube.com/watch?v=YKuuDtEMjpk

they will implement it when linux adds support to thumbnails in the filepicker :^)

Well, no one would use linux in a professional environment if you need productivity and teamwork with people working with a different OS.

I depends on your field. In sciences, yeah you can/will have to use linux. But only if there is a specific software used by your peers. As soon as you begin writing reports/publication/presentation. It's over.
There is no point in trying to change the industry standards, not going to happen. Even the most basic things can go wrong with it. Like sharing reports/ppt and using libreoffice when 99.9% of your department uses Word and Powerpoint. Or making illustration in Inkscape/Gimp when your group works with Adobe. Best way to get behind and get fucked.

On the other hand, it's totally fine to use linux at home for personal projects and such. And IMO that's what linux does best.

For anything more complex than what calc, google docs, WPS or onlyoffice offers i would rather use either proper database software or something like R but if you must:
omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/01/wine-2-0-released-supports-microsoft-office-2013
codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/microsoft-office-2013

Go back to your PRINTER ISLAND pleb.

VFIO, faggot.

>not mentioning LMMS and Ardour

:^)

Also if someone's interested:
launchpad.net/~plasmazilla/ archive/ubuntu/releases
It doesn't work on neon at the moment due to the version of Qt tho :( but it should work when neon is updated to qt 5.9 :).

>Mono
>.NET core
>Xamarin
>Unity
Microsoft has been unironically kicking ass in .net cross platforming.

-Edit video
-Edit photos
-3D Animation
-Music production

inb4 MUH BLONDER MUH GIMP MUH LINUCKS MUSIC STUDIO MUH WHATEVER SHITTY VIDEO EDITOR THERE IS

no

>"muh digital audio"
>Not using Superior ANALOG TECHNOLOGY

>all this audio shit
you have multiple full featured DAWs or trackers, including some commercial ones like Bitwig and some very good free ones like LMMS and Ardour, all with spectrum analyzers and whatever else you might need

you have tons and tons of FX plugins in LV2 format and VST support via wine

you have a pretty fucking solid amp sim called Guitarix that can simulate your entire signal chain

and the entire thing works extremely well together because of JACK2. no other platform makes completely different software tools work together quite as well as JACK does.

they're not as pretty looking because they don't cater to mouth drooling children though, which sadly means most musicians.

you'd know this if you actually spent a minute doing research instead of emptying your figurative bowels all over my beloved GNU image board.

>what is a server

Ok, call me when you can make a program with the default Microsoft tools like WPS on visual studio and you can port it to linux and mac as easy and well integrated as Qt. And no, if you gonna point me to a plugin for using a cross platform language like qt to use it on VS i would rather use an IDE that i can use on any platform (VS is heavy as fuck, i wouldn't use it even if it was available on other platforms without a good reason, jetbrains tools are much better).

how the fuck did that even happen in the first place? everything about the game screams "unfinished, abandoned halfway through, unsupported". the dev and publisher don't give a fuck about it.

and yet it gets post-release Linux support, and later on a pretty fucking good Vulkan port. Just Cause 3 doesn't get this and it's made by the same people, literally.

did Feral Interactive take over the project or something?

see Also: blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve

I don't know but it's a pretty good thing it happened and there'll be more vulkan ports. The more people supporting vulkan the better for all of us because we'll be able to choose our platform in the future.

I'm not complaining. I even played through the entire game on my Linux HTPC. I'm just puzzled.

My guess is that it was a pilot project and we might see more Avalanche games on Linux in the future.

see

Let's hope to see more things like this in the future.

VirtualBox.

>Windows is the best os for gaming mostly due to most game developers are trained into developing for it with microsoft's closed APIs
Or you know, the fact that OpenGL had a weird way of doing object management post-3, or the tons of packaging formats, or that it might get deprecated, not knowing where to publish it before steam existed, etc.

kvm>xen>>>vmware>>>hyper-v>>>>>>>>shit>>>>>>>the twice-digested shit of a shit eating animal>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>virtualbox

Thumbnails in file picker.

The difference is Mad Max is playable and Just Cause 3 is fucking glitchy trash. They can't make it run right on Playstation. Why would they try to port it?

???

Mono works just fine for this. As long as the code is written with cross platform in mind everything just werks.
VS is pretty heavy with everything bolted on, but you can exclude pretty much everything except what you want. It's about 170MB with no project loaded, and 250MB with a fairly complex project open, and I'm using Enterprise with everything including the kitchen sink nuget package.

You don't like it. Whatever. I get it. Personally I think qt is a goddamn mess and 90% of things developed in C/C++ should have been developed in a safer language, but those are just my opinions too. The real argument is "can .net do it", and the answer is objectively yes.

These look like thumbnails to me. What are you talking about?

>file picker

I know what you say but consider the most recent versions of openly are heavily oriented into reducing overhead and improving performance, also it has been shown by valve that opengl can get very good performance of optimized for it so while it's true that the big problem of opengl is being a huge state machine it's not by far the reason of underperforming posts.

Also yeah, windows has been a target for gaming long before windows but that has already explained.

>The real argument is "can .net do it", and the answer is objectively yes.
I know but as I mentioned previously it's a mess. I can say the same, ok you don't like at and for some reason you don't like me considering something that is not csharp better in multi platform and overall better but the real argument actually is: there's as good or better tools than VS available on Linux.

>via wine
I got news for you, there is native support

So, you're suggesting VMming windows, so you can run it on top of linux for no reason whatsoever, except for the extra unnecessary hassle.

Smart thinking.

Maybe he wants to be taken at least somewhat serious.

>Things Linux can't do

>Instagram whore with failed communications & media study detected

.....wrong......

I don't get it. VirtualBox has full support of Linux as a host and as a guest.
What are you talking about?

Clover

It can and does, just not as pretty.

btw, you're a bit late to the party:

Running Windows in VM, not installing anything other than what doesn't work in Linux (and thus not polluting the registry) and perhaps even not giving it access to the Internet is different than running Windows on bare metal. Not to mention, the Linux system is still underneath and can be switched to whenever you feel like it.
It's like if you said if I sometimes play games in DOSBOX, I might as well just install FreeDOS on my desktop "and not bother with emulation".

Your argument was it isn't possible, and you tried to move the goal posts into subjective territory. I was trying to point this out in a nice way.

The fact that you you think all RX does is spectral analysis proves you don't actually work with audio professionally. Sorry sweetie, but I have to actually use real tools in my day to day. Your buggy ass freebies don't cut it.

never seen the blue screen in my life

The point is, Linux usually outright screams at you what the problem is so that you can google it.
"Something happened" is just confusing and useless. You're supposed to just trust in Windows' self-repair, which doesn't always work.
Though instead Linux doesn't have many self-repair mechanisms of its own, and those that it has you usually have to explicitly call.

Sister has a laptop
Battery life okay
Shutdown, goes into update
>Africa no power around
Laptop doesn't work anymore

>windows is updating
>please do not power off or unplug machine
>43%
>hold power button until computer shuts down

>doesn't always work.
i haven't once seen windows self-repair work

Calm down, are you referring to the pic in ? I never said it's not possible but that it's much worse. Again, call me when you can make a program with the default Microsoft tools like wpf and you can just make it work as easy and well integrated as with qt. If the most used tool for creating windows applications were mono and programs with mono worked as well as qt programs across all the platforms you would be right but just look at the few popular non monogame programs like keepass, I looks completely alien outside of windows even if it mostly works fine. In short I don't see a reason why you must be angry but for cross platform development and the tools by itself in General are much better and convenient in qt.

>Sister in africa
>Doctor in delivering and aiding children
>OS for the people

Yeah, this argument you could use against me and I would suck your dick for it and thank you for de-fibrillating me out of my stupidness.

>mfw this is now Sup Forums's tech support
This is a new low for neo/g/

>b-but my obscure tool for my specific requirements
>h-how could anyone live without it
use whatever you need to. you don't need to justify anything to us.

but don't talk out of your ass. it only makes you look like a stupid cunt.

Trips of truth

>Calm down
You serious m8? I literally never said qt was bad or even worse than WPF in all cases, just that it's a valid competitor and what I personally prefer. You're the one who's asserting C#/.net can't do things it very clearly can do.

>More "you can't do it"
>But it's not as easy even though I've never tried!
Your ignorance is legendary. Porting winforms or GTK# to other platforms is as easy as selecting mono as the framework when you start a project.

>Muh look and feel
Qt apps look weird on Windows too. It's easy to spot the Qt framework in anything. Every framework has this trait, and most devs magnify things by ignoring cross platform UI expectations.

>better and convenient
>I like a thing, that makes a thing better than your thing
This is how religions start. If you've put serious work into both frameworks you'd see they both have advantages and pitfalls, and that they're both capable frameworks.