Running non-free software on your wrist

>Running non-free software on your wrist
Why do you do this? Asteroid OS exists for a reason…

Pic related. LG G Watch running Asteroid OS.

Call me only when you're smartwatch will be this æsthetic

Is it actually emulating or is it just asthetics? If the latter it's very easy to theme up on Asteroid OS, otherwise you could compile qemu and emulate anything on this watch as well, given it's just Linux running Wayland. Anyway, looks really cool dude!

mods please

Just like we have "Consumer General X" every other hour?

Sup Forums would cease to exist if this was not the case

Woah nice. Is that a skin and a Mac OS watchface?

It looks like the ex-president of Colombia.

Huh?

>smart watch
literally name one thing wrong with this watch

Pebbles are the only good smart watches.

You cannot set the timer to go of for just one second, you have to manually turn it off or it will beep forever.

As someone who stopped wearing a watch when I got my first (not smart) phone back in the early 1990s I have to ask:

What's the appeal with these smart watch things?

Seriously. I don't get it. You could perhaps tell the tie or other things without the 2 second delay it takes to take your phone out of your pocket?

Really thinking about this, I guess it would have some kind of appeal if it could play music (flac/mp3) on it's own and had bluetooth and 64GB storage but even then I'm not sure I'd want one.

>having a watch that barely tells time and is inferior to a phone and needs to be recharged daily and is fuckhueg

>not just using the clock on your phone or on your laptop, or on the wall, or on the train or on the car or on the...

>spending money on useless shit

>Asteroid OS exists for a reason
>can't be installed on an Apple Watch

I guess the reason is to show others what a poor colossal fucking retard you are.

Kill yourself, you dumb fucking shit stain.

I mean the picture on the watch.

Pic related is my work watch, you're right that they're great, but Asteroid OS is fun for development and weekend use!

Literally nothing, they're useless unless you're lazy and don't feel like taking out your phone to see notifications or the time. You can control your music and anything else from your wrist, but that can all be done from your phone so… The benefit is being lazy I guess. The LG G Watch has 4Gbs of storage and no audio output, not good for music beyond controlling what's saved to your phone. Or you could use a bluetooth speaker and pair it with your watch probably? I got this thing for development so there's infinite possibilities.

Shows the same time as on your phone, not sure how it's inferior in that regard… Read the last reply I made regarding being lazy for your second point, and I bought it for development so besides using up my spare time scripting and coding on it, it is indeed frivolous!

It's Linus Torvalds sticking his middle finger up.

Getting this in the mail in a week

looks cheap

Would be embarrassed to wear (looks like it came free with a cereal)

not smart tho is it

your camera is shit, so is your aftermarket strap

people will laugh at you because you have a fucking keyboard wedged between an even shittier watch.

The only smart watch that doesn't look shit on the market is the apple watch, and even then you're stuck on a shitttttttttt operating system. Maybe the moto g circle thing too, but even thats verging on too bulky

The keyboard comes off. It's just used to program things in BASIC.

Looks awesome! Something I would only use on relaxing days to not fuck up, though!

The Apple watch looks like a Woman's watch, small and ugly... Saw it at the store and just cringed at it. There are a lot of good smart watches on the market that go for a more traditional watchface look, like the LG G Urbane (Also supported by Asteroid OS!).

hey, this might be a good place to ask. is there a smartwatch with > 1 day battery life that can run custom apps (preferrably as default)?

i want my own custom dials and only that. no "smart" functionality. i'd like it to be mechanical but that is never gonna happen. smartwatch might.

I'd like to use it but from what I know notifications barely work at all

My LG G can last almost 6 days on battery power, but this is with the screen not always on. Most likely watches that use AMOLED displays will deal with this better,

There's been a lot of development of the Sync app as of the past couple weeks, and on Version 0.1 of the app they work fine, but the app itself is a mess. On Version 0.2 the app works pretty well, except that Notifications don't work well and lag occasionally. version 0.3 should be out soon which "apparently" fixes all of these issues, but any compiled versions of this I have not been able to keep running without it crashing constantly, even a personal build does the same thing... This might be a nougat-exclusive issue, though, because I haven't seen anyone else complain. So right now I'm on v0.2 with laggy notifications and waiting for a working 0.2. :/

Forgot I wrote this comment and never went to submit it!