Why did these elitist cunts had to get rid of beginners guide...

why did these elitist cunts had to get rid of beginners guide? it was much more informative and you had everything listed on one page

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Installation_guide
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php?title=Beginners_Guide&oldid=79817
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fedora is way better.

Then n00bs might start using your distro and you're no longer l33t and exclusive.

Slackware is way better.

I've always appreciated how the Arch logo perfectly encapsulates an Arch install.

Looks fine at first glance, but when you look closer you see that it's broken and unfinished.

It also has a fat fuck under it, just like the users.

If you're to stupid to follow some simple instructions and install an OS, then you don't belong on Sup Forums.

>NORMIES GET OFF MY OS, REEEEE

>why won't anybody support my OS???

Here dumbass, take a look at this.

They made it even fucking EASIER. That's probably why the beginners guide is gone. Stop having a manchild fit.

>that colour scheme
>that car

tasteless pleb detected, ELO are good though

>my daddy is better than yours

This is how you sound, like a whiny bitch. Shut up.

>if you're to stupid
>to

too*.

Man, you're way too stupid yourself.

>i need information to be duplicated in one page instead of spread over multiple pages without duplicate information

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php?title=Beginners_Guide&oldid=79817

how did you make roxterm look that good?

>wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Installation_guide
this

r8 fellow coolguys, its a basic archbang. how to improve aesthetics?

>kill of beginners guide
>arch dies

i see nothing wrong

Haha good one user, come up with that yourself?

because they think they are 1337 for being able to install a simple linux distro

>why did these elitist cunts had to get rid of x86 support?
ftfy. you don't need a beginner's guide, installing it is easy anyway

Arch user here.
Honestly Arch Linux shouldn't use the wiki as an install guide.
The install.txt is basically the wiki page without links, making it also retarded.
It's kinda sad that a more hardcore distro like Source Mage has a more interactive installation guide in its fucking ancient iso's than Arch.

>ricer talking shit

Dont worry user I saw your post

/thread

have fun with your slower than a turtle package manager written in fucking Python (which is a spyware/adware/botnet)

Isn't pacman written in python too?

no
c
python sucks

>being a C toddler
>writing a package manager in a leaky-language
Also, Arch's PacMan uses Python.

The beginners guide was shit and no one bothered to fix it

M-muh hard work and devotion, ruined in seconds...

it uses python solely in unit tests and for a single script (that barely works and nobody uses), and if you actually think that the language used to develop /the/ kernel, every decent hardware driver made in the last 2-3 decades, and a majority of operating systems, that is also used in any legitimate high-performance setting where they don't use c++ (which, reminder, needs to be used like c but with generics if you want good performance) is worth insulting, you're a fool.
also, 'leaky' doesn't mean much for something that runs for an hour at the fringe most and completes a single task, especially when you can go run valgrind on it right now.

This kind of elitism always upsets me.
Programming should always serve normies in the end. Shouldn't the whole point be to make free and open software that is accessible to all? If we shut normies out, we largely defeat the purpose.

Otherwise, what is it other than masturbation?

Seriously the installation guide is not complicated, they deleted the beginner guide because it was just the installation guide without some details.. People that can't install arch by using the actual installation guide are just lazy dumb retards

Holy shit, someone who knows what they're talking about

BTFO

No computers are for developers. We program for other programmers. Normies use shitty M$ tablet. You want to use Linux? Learn to use a computer (ie. learn to code).

>You want to use Linux? Learn to use a computer (ie. learn to code).
This is why Ubuntu is so widely used. It is devoid of elitist pricks like yourself.

Ubuntu is diying because Ubuntu told "fuck off" to its power users (people like me). It's fucking hard to find a competent Linux user to help you with Ubuntu when it's broken.

bum p

They made the Installation Guide easier though. Eliminated redundancy.

this

even as a newfag on Ubuntu I got most of my help on Arch or Debian forums

+1

The doctor begged your mother to have an abortion.

Tfw, everyone uses a systemd distro

Because they are elitist cunts, and wouldn't know what to do without their "no girls allowed" sign.

Google: User:Altercation/Bullet Proof Arch Install
You're welcome.

Basic programming knowledge should be as much a barrier to entry for computing as English literacy is.

Void does not use systemd. Duh.

>Basic programming
>Posting in an Arch thread
Yeah, people like you are the problem. Your definition of basic doesn't extend to those who don't spend most of their time covered in their own waste, shitposting on Sup Forums in their parents basement

Countries are starting to seriously consider adding basic programming to their curriculum.
I think Sweden already is.
But go ahead and keep projecting your bullshit elitist sekrit club mentality.

>not using an arch installer or antergos
>2016+(0.5*2)

>ELO
It's not possible to have taste more sophisticated. I applaud you, sir.

You are completely right. Hard to use distros push away people from FOSS who otherwise would embrace freedom.

This. Switching from arch with xfce or i3 to fedora with gnome was the best linux decision I've made.

Install windows 10

I can install arch but i just can't do anything after that. How the fuck do i install i3 and all that sick shit except not have a million pointless packages.

>configure network
>prepare partitions
>install base system
>configure initial configs
>install DE of choice
>???
>profit

How is this had?

You have a brain. Figure it out.

You retards act like this is complicated

>partition, format, and mount drive(s)
>install packages
>generate the fstab (or build it manually)
>set the locale
>set the timezone
>set the hostname
>choose a root password
>install bootloader

Explain to me why you need some huge comprehensive guide for this? I can perform a full Arch install without any guide given an ethernet connection and it would probably take less time than many other distros.

Cheers mate. Completely forgot about that, now I'll be able to do it.

What are you running that on?

Ubuntu isn't dying, more people run Ubuntu than the rest of the distros combined.

I guarantee you that Ubuntu was installed on more computers in the last 30 days than Arch has ever been installed on.

Ubuntu.,.. dying...

>power users (people like me)

LOL

>>configure network
>>prepare partitions
>>install base system
>>configure initial configs
>>install DE of choice

shouldn't this shit just be done by an installer?

Arch is retarded

/thread

You figured out how to install Arch, but not how to use its package manager?

If that's what you want, then use a distro that includes such an installer. Seriously, you don't have to use Arch. The whole point, that I think people are completely missing here, is that Arch is a distro intended for people who would like to have near full control over their OS.

I would (correctly) say that the install guide found here

is for beginners, what more could a beginner ask for?

>tfw 4channers don't give my german kin and openSUSE any love

u got schlonged by

eeepc 701, shame about i686 ending but i understand. im new to ricing but i really like buillding this archbang iso. im near end build since putting dwarf fort on. just need a 2gb ramstick and i can retire it to endless ricing

>mom, cancel my meetings

The issue with a GUI is it can't possibly predict every single use case scenario that a user might have.

Cool device, best of luck with the project.

> full control
in arch? my fuckig sides are in orbit, what control do you have exactly, that you dont have in literally any other distro?

Newfags BTFO