Speccy Thread (1KW PSU edition)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/BfLrhq
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I only have a 750 watt psu.

This pc has a 600 watt pc which is a bit overkill.

This pc is a space heater.

Crappy Lenovo prebuilt that idk what to do with now that I finally built a pc. I used this pos for 7 years.

Nice monitor array. Post pic

>tfw 8 year old 620w corsair psu and still going strong

KEK

/Ryzenboys/

With an overkill 650W psu

bully me please...

Which one

450w itx meme edtion

Complete build is here -
pcpartpicker.com/list/BfLrhq

>1060 3gb
why?

i dont have a high res monitor for gaymen, plus the most intensive thing i play on the regular is dead by daylight.

plus i was kinda poor at the time, dont regret it really apart from the gpu cooler is a bit loud under load.

What 144hz monitor is that?

some cheap korean one. X-star dp214LED

How is it?

shit colours, 1 dead pixel, good response rate and 144hz is so good to see

How do I set my memory to the correct clock speed? I enabled XMP in the bios but speccy still shows 2133.

Try setting it manually. If it doesn't work then your IMC cannot reach it.

Thanks

pls, bully.

Space heaters coming through. 1600W 80+ Gold PSU for the left and 1500W 80+ Platinum PSU for the right

What do you do with them? Also some of those cards seem almost housefire hot.

Both are deep learning workstations. 980 Tis were overclocked in the pic, normally the hottest card will be at 84 °C under full load.

hx620

Europoor reporting in. Only bought the G4560 and the 1050, got the other stuff for free.

Garbage tier. Consider throwing your PC's into the dumpster. Why spend money on a dual core when you can get 4 cores for cheap. Please rate this.

I had a A8-5600k. It was shit back then and is still shit now. Yours aint any better. More than enough for chink cartoons and boipucci tho 4/10

Ooh baby I like it.

That's pretty good for a budget system, but why 1050 over the ti version?

honestly? I was gonna get the 1060 3GB, but before making the purchase I realised that I really do not play anything that needs that power.
Even now. I haven't played a single game since i bought the 1050, so I'm thinking of returning it overall and buying more programming socks

>2017
>Mechanical drives

First link is a quad core, shit for brains. Kill yourself.

blah blah old as fuck, in the process of ordering parts for a new, more compact one, with better but not overkill specs compared to this one

it's MUHGAYMES pc, i've got a ton other machines that run variants of Linux and BSD as well as one that runs Win3.1 which is really fun to toy with

>people say Kaby Lake gwets too hot and you need to delid to overclock
>temps underload never get above 60c at 4.8GHz
What shitty as meme is this?

Also I have a 750W PSU which is overkill, but it was a friends who built a new computer and let me have his old one.

gaymer

I don't need solid state storage to store all of my anime, and buying 5tb worth of ssd would cost way too much.

>1080 Ti
>1080p 144hz
You need a better monitor.

i want the high fps

Get a 1440p 144hz at least.

>gaymer

1080ti will barely run 1080p @ 144 fps. The point of a high refresh rate monitor, is to get high fps. Otherwise just get a 4k 60fps monitor.

Hmmm maybe. I was also thinking of a 240Hz monitor, but I'm not sure if the difference is big enough to notice.

im not the guy who posted the specs
but
fuck you and fuck your ass
1080p > 1440p or anything higher
you just don't fucking need that mate
1080p is perfectly fucking fine;
i can afford to buy higher tier monitors since i'm literally a millionaire but WHY THE FUCK WOULD I
MONITORS WITH HIGHER RESOLUTIONS:
1) THEY RUN HOTTER ESPECIALLY AT 144HZ
2) YOU CAN BARELY SEE TEXT SHIT DUE TO CRAPPY WINDOWS SCALING
3) YOU'RE GAY IF YOU BUY ONE (gay as in liking girls which makes you a faggot dont even try to deny it)

in conclusion:
if you think a 'better card means you should get a better screen' in the sense of resolution... eat a fucking donkey mate, and get to it double time you wanker

850W ToughPower... originally planned to CF 390X... the 480 was close... realized IGPU is fine... and newer GPUs are very power efficient... it's gold rated at least and consumption is probably close or above 10% so yeah.

>850W ToughPower.
I have the 750w version that i got for $70 after rebate a while back it's pretty good.

No complains, it's fully packed with all sorts of accessories and plentiful in cables.

Though I had my doubts. Initially, the PC would reboot at random at times and I was trying to figure out why. The shutdown was instantaneous and Windows couldn't record the needed information to shed light on the issue exactly under the system log viewer. I suspected it was the PSU, then the cpu, then the mobo. Apparently Asus can't code a proper BIOS to save its life. Took a full 5 months to put a patch. Had some coil-wines at the beginning though. Oddly enough it went away.

I have an Asus mb too but no problems with it and the psu, strange. (I have the Asus Z170 PRO GAMING mb)

Did you start speccy in 2008?

No, a few seconds before I posted

Did you hit post in 2008?

Can you benchmark NFS MW on your pc?

No, I hit post on 03/04/2017 at 13:29

My 850W was DOA and stupidly I RMA'd the mobo
JUST

whydidibuythe960evom2.jpg

the original or "reboot"?

disregard that, it's obvious which one your want.
But does the game have a built in benchmark? or do you want me to run somethings else while playing?

>My 850W was DOA and stupidly I RMA'd the mobo
>JUST
How?Why?

not many people know the paperclip test. so easy to do and instantly tells you if it's the psu or mobo that died.

True

did the tutorial race. FHD everything maxed, stable 60 fps.

Isn't that 665 Mhz RAM being the bottleneck?

>And r9 200 series
>650w overkill
No lol. 750w would be Overkill. 600w is playing it safe. 650w is totally justifiable. The GPU alone can pull over 400w

It's overkill. The GPU is a 270x.

Might be, i got all of those parts for free except the gpu, psu and case when my cousin upgraded. i might upgrade the ram in the future.

Be careful with that. I did that and used a DMM, but didn't test it under load (how could I, it wouldn't POST and no spare parts) so it looked okay.
Long Long story short, I threw it a $40 bbuy PSU and it fired right up. I should have done that in the first place, then I took it back to the store and got my money back when the RMA came

sorry, 850 watt PSU

Not sure if I want to keep 10 or not.

BBC comin thru, out the way whitey

>@60hz

>1920x1080@60hz
>1080 Ti

>60hz

lil dick whites spotted.

mad that you can't afford 144hz because you blew it all on ram?

monitor is coming in you retard.

now fear my 11 inches of vram.

you didn't say you had a new monitor coming in dumbass
you deserve all the shit you get faget

stay mad faggot.

white women will never love you.

who cares when you have a cute female_(male)

this

>people say Kaby Lake gwets too hot and you need to delid to overclock
People say the 7700K gets really hot, which it does. Hyperthreading adds significant heat. As does Intel's shitty thermal paste, which is a lottery in itself. Some people have delidded their chips and found that the thermal paste under the heatspreader wasn't even covering the entire die properly. Intel® Quality™ :^)

>temps underload never get above 60c at 4.8GHz
Wow, monster overclock, dude! Hitting a frequency that literally 100% of chips can hit, that's impressive! Now try for 4.9GHz or 5GHz and see where you end up. It still won't be the inferno temperatures of the 7700K, but it'll be a lot closer.

Incidentally, what's "load" in your mind? Muh video gaymes? Because even my 7700K sits in the mid-60s in those. Download the latest version of Prime95 with AVX enabled and see how you get on with that if you want to see what your real load temperatures are.

>deep learning workstations

Trying to resurrect Tay?

AIDA64 after an hour is load, or am i wrong? Also ran several Cinebenches in a row.

I had it at 4.9 as well at one point, but was unstable after 20 minutes of AIDA64. Wasn't sure why, temperatures were fine. Didn't quite mess with voltages at that point. Though I might need a water cooled solution to get that voltage bump since I'm using a mediocre air cooler.

Also no need to be a huge faggot about it senpai, just pointed out that people told me it would run really hot and I'm not seeing it.

How long is your boot up time?

Did you get this computer for free from an UN aid station?

>intel core solo
i had no fucking idea these existed.

Boot time's about 40s.
>Did you get this computer for free from an UN aid station?
Bought it on eBay for $325 a little over a year ago

Hi, temperatures high because I just closed a game I was playing.

My PSU is 460 Watts, you can ask me about my computer ITT if you like

AIDA64 doesn't generate much heat at all relative to even other non-AVX stress tests, let alone an AVX-enabled one like Prime95. IntelBurnTest or RealBench are the only acceptable options for non-AVX stress testing.

If you overclock was unstable and it wasn't overheating, you didn't add enough vcore.

>lol i thought kaby lake was hot but mines so cool i test with 4.8 gigerhurz and memeda64 clearly ur all wrong check out muh meme arrows
I'll stop being a huge faggot as soon as you do, fampai. :^)

How does putting the CPU under full load and stressing it not generate heat?

not the guy you're responding to but AIDA64 uses different methods of burning, IBT is probably your best bet, AIDA64 is fine just run it for twice as long as you would IBT and you should be ok.

It was ran for an hour so I assumed that was good enough, not to mention it was 62c stable after 15 minutes of it.

the truth is, AIDA64 is probably good enough, the other tests are designed just to test your cooling and aren't really 'real world' tests. You're more than likely fine but I'd at least see if you pass an XTU test after an hour or so.