LibrePlanet

Have you looked over the LibrePlanet talks?

media.libreplanet.org/u/libreplanet/tag/libreplanet-2017-video/

This is very worrying. I think the free software movement is fucked. It's all about social justice and multiple talks against trump with trump in the title. I genuinely don't see how we're going to retain software freedom in the coming years with all these insane communists dominating the space.

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html
media.libreplanet.org/u/libreplanet/m/the-free-software-movement-in-the-age-of-trump/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>muh freedumz
>they shouldn't have the freedom to talk badly about a dimwit

Education is strongly correlated with liberalism. People who care about software ethics are educated. Why is this a surprise?

I'm an open source developer. Trump has 0% support among my colleagues.

What the politics of open source developers are is also completely irrelevant.

what is with your stupid greentexting?

Remember when Free Software was actually about making software free and not feminism and political bullshit? Those were the days.

I bet your colleagues are 100% for communism.
and
>muh free shit
>i donated my life savings to Bernie, match me
>no refunds

No, because it's always been politically motivated.

Go back to Sup Forums.

gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html

yeah. it's scary how fast SJWism has taken over everything. People are rightly terrified to push back against it because they get their lives destroyed. I don't know what's going to happen. I do not see a tenable future for free software.

Should someone start a new free software movement, with less code of conduct and more software?

yes, we need a fascist software foundation.

less time talking
more time actually doing something

>polutil 0.6.2 changelog

>Discovered that niggers are using our software. All users will be required to submit a picture to verify whiteness before program will proceed.

special snowflakes who fork forks of other projects for petty personal reasons are bad enough, this is just complete bullshit. Expect most big name open source software products to die out in the next 4-5 years I'm guessing.

This level of unproductive witch hunt boogeyman sjwery isn't sustainable in the long run.

Everyone against trump is a kike, trump is pro freedom and anyone against him is evil.

I'm not sure what you're referring to. can you give some examples?

Someone has to put his big boy pants on and step in the boots of Richard Stallman in few years.

let's not get into a pro/anti trump argument in this thread.

It's just going to mean we have absolutely no productive discussion about the topic at hand.

>picture
>not aryan certificate issued by a high SS general before 1945

That's on the 1.0 roadmap, this is just a point release to alleviate the issue for the time being.

>aibohphobia
i love learning new words

Agreed

Fuck off spic and take your anti Sup Forums meme with you

try to stay on topic guys

Trump got more black people to vote for him than romney though.
The separation in America has nothing to do with race and everything to do with class.

this isn't relevant or important to thread topic

>retards who are obsessed with muh freedumbs are more concerned with ideology than coding results

Imagine my surprise.

CIA is trying to derail this thread so that we don't make any progress.

yeah, this thread is for racists, not classists

What is the exact topic?
It's seems like it is pretty much about politics.
But because this is not Sup Forums it seems like the topic is just how do we make free software "neutral" on politics again if it ever even was.

A good start would be to get rid of code of conduct, someone should start a git provider that allows words like master, slave and few other words that i will not put here.

yes, how do we maintain a healthy free software community when everybody wants to argue about whether trump is good or bad, and bully people who have different opinions out.

Fuck off spics

you mean like transgendered people?

The whole point of GNU and FOSS is some warped social justice.

What is truly amazing is when freetards complain about "SJW" when they act exactly the same, just as militiant, delusional, violent, annoying as the SJW they complain about.

there are some very autistic countproductive assholes that try to force everybody around them to use "GNU" or tor or whatever. I would appreciate not being put in the same category of them....

What a horrible site.
Why not make the full titles visible?
I spent several minutes just to find that OP lied and there is no new moglen talks.

media.libreplanet.org/u/libreplanet/m/the-free-software-movement-in-the-age-of-trump/

this is the power of GNU.

they wanted to replace youtube and they made this, with PHP.

Just use BSD then

Thank you.
Guess the program for tonight is libreplanet and chill.

Fuck off you annoying spic

INSTALL GENTOO
REEEEEEEEEEE

if a dimwit became a billionaire and president then what are you, completely devoid of having a brain?

magic triples of sucessful gentoo installation?

GNU is spic software. Stallman went to spic universities and has spics maintain software like icecat. If you use anything GNU, you're a race traitor and a cuckold.

ok kid

t. Spic

Having a free software movement is centralized and not very open source or even free.
If you like free software then start your favorite text editor/ide and program away. If the projects becomes too big too manage then invite other people and create YOUR OWN movement.

>If the projects becomes too big too manage then invite other people and create YOUR OWN movement.

This is what I want,

but how do I actually get people to join?

>education is the root of all evil

This is why don't bother to never learn nothing.

My colleagues are almost all European, or make $100k+ (not Nova/NYC/SF fakebux -- remote work wherever the hell we want).

Well luckily, free software is designed to resist politics.

that's the opposite of what's happening though

Fuck off. All my code is gpl, lgpl, or bsd>
>implying we can't judge public servants
>making completely fallacious arguments

Sup Forums is a shithole because everyone is a first year CS undergrad, cares about "muh gaymes", endlessly debates what distro to run instead of building real software, doesn't understand how the open source community works, and general tinfoilhattery.

Nobody does anything meaningful. Debating phones, random microcomputers, desktop ricing, and what cpu is currently king of the hill is complete mental masturbation.

Oh look, free software sucking at its design goals again. It must be day.

I said it years ago and I'll say it again: free software has been infiltrated by a CIA infiltration program of SJWs in order to destroy any opposition to controlled software. This process accelerated after Snowden for obvious reasons and is only getting worse. Linus deals with it correctly: call out the snowflakes, insult them, give them no quarter and they disappear. Every project should do the same.

Not an argument

I think this is correct, we're seeing it.

This shit is cancer in tech circles. It's fucking EVERYWHERE, not just in open-source communities.

I fucking hate SJW's in tech with a passion. For them, "coding" is just a fashion statement to go with their dyed hair and Apple products. Same with their politics. Most SJW's don't even really care about their causes, it's just another fashion statement because being progressive is edgy and trendy.

But I digress. SJW's in tech are annoying cancerous fucks, and I despise every single one of them, including Stallman, but if they produce something nice, I can appreciate the fruits of their labor at least.

>Linus deals with it correctly: call out the snowflakes, insult them, give them no quarter and they disappear. Every project should do the same.

Huh, didn't know Linus does that. Figured he'd be a sissy lib boy.

Feminism and SJWs are a cancer that will eat away at things like acid. They need to be thrown out with the rest of the trash.

Way to jerk yourself off, faggot. Pot calls the kettle black. You've had your time to speak and all you liberal fags have shown is that you ruin everything. Software needs to be separated from politics and cunts like you need to be shown the door. We don't want your tranny code.

this

these filthy pieces of shit had their chance and proved that the only thing they're capable of is destroying other peoples' work and standing in the way of progress.

The anti-science movement (postmodernism/intersectionalism) has really made headways with this unfocused chaos of "everything is political" chaos.

Can't wait for the mass graves which will be justified like every genocide before it; "it was in self-defense, we're the actual victims!".

I swear human history is a perpetual cycle of ever-increasing barbarity. I guess you have to make up for increasing periods of peace and prosperity with periods of larger and larger genocides.

I mean, when are we going to fucking learn? We're so fucking stupid that... It's just absurd. Life. Death.

Fuck.

seek professional help

How are you surprised that free software would get taken over by commies/socalists op? I mean holy shit.

>not educated
>no knowledge of history or politics
>uses name calling like it somehow wins arguments

Stay mad, poorfag

Did you even watch that video? It wasn't that bad.

>mfw when i'm a straight white man who owns guns

Take your bullshit back to Sup Forums or /r9k/ where you and a bunch of other incels can blame your problems on people who you think blame their problems on other people without the slightest hint of irony.

>implying you have even a high school education if you have to make such a big stink about it on a Navajo blanket weaving forum
>bitches about name calling but calls someone a name in the same breath
WEWEST OF LADS!

>everyone who doesn't like my PC bullshit is from Sup Forums
Ha.

poorfag isn't namecalling. it's just truth

people who rage about sjws are impotent faggots who have never and will never accomplish anything. despite their 'conservative bootstraps' politics, they are totally unable to harden the fuck up and improve their circumstances

This is an all new level of projection. You might as well start tripfagging and unironically post reddit links.

fuck that. when that commie jew kicks the bucket, i hope linux dies with it. MS is back on top.