Computer programmers may no longer be eligible for H-1B visas

HAHAHAHAHA GTFO, Pajeets!

axios.com/computer-programmers-may-no-longer-be-eligible-for-h-1b-visas-2342531251.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic&utm_term=technology&utm_content=textlong

Stocks are up!

American economy plummets as work is outsourced to India instead.

Atleast Pajeets were paying taxes, now the corporates reap all the benefits.

Trump is only looking out for his friends.

pajeets only do lower level shit. companies won't actually move to india because they need skilled workers too

So they give $100k a year to those programmers who do lower level shit?

Software quality plummets even further in an age where you already have to load up 40MB of Javascript for basic webpage with 2 paragraphs.

Even if it does get outsourced, it won't last. Good software and good programmers are always hard to find.

Talking about computer science, what exactly is a high-skilled (and higher-paid) professionals? And what differs then from "programmers"?

Now how do we stop the collusion in the tech industry that artificially drives engineer wages down?

>>Even if it does get outsourced, it won't last. Good software and good programmers are always hard to find.
You're committing the mistake of all the anti-outsourcing cheerleaders: Assuming that the company doing the outsourcing wants or needs quality software. Companies everywhere, large and small, see IT as a cost center. You minimize costs. You spend the very lowest amount on it that you have to to keep the profit centers working. It's why you still hear stories about ancient Windows 3.1 boxes with some custom application from 1992 running essential equipment to this day.

Sure, you can probably write much better code than Pajeet. Pajeet will cough up some barely-functional, slow piece of crap that's a pain in the ass to maintain. Management and shareholders couldn't care in the slightest, they see it as "good enough" or "not good enough", and Pajeet barely ekes into the "good enough" bracket at a lower wage than you'll deign to take.

This is why companies are willing to interview you just to say they interviewed an American so they can get Pajeet a visa.

This.

If "pajeet" is such a low skill worker, why would you be afraid of missing a job because they outsourced it? Either you're not as skilled as you think or you're in the wrong industry.
Don't hate the player, hate the game

I'm sorry? Did you just equate programming to ditch digging and crop picking?

Step one: learn English.

They never should have been eligible in the first place. There's a fucking surplus of programmers in the US as it is.

With no H1B staff, stand by to be overrun with karlykoder hires

Pajeet will do inferior work than me, but he will be willing to work for $25,000 a year because that is ten times as much as he would make at home.

>federal diversity requirement
>forced to hire either pajeet or a woman
>pajeet can at least operate a computer

But dem titties tho.

And no more fucking curry smell in the fucking lunchroom that permeates through the fucking building setting off bio-Hazzard warnings.

Not op, but in some cases yes. I'm a hiring manager for a fortune 100. There's so much automation and infrastructure in our environment that involves conforming to standards and following clean repeatable build processes. Much of the daily tasks for our entry level admins, and even our mid tier guys, is truly commodity work. Most people who can read and type can learn basic cloud deployment SOPs. Even on the software side of the house, there's so much framework standardization to hold your hand... You don't have to know much programming to develop.

Not saying this is the case everywhere, but for us- we get hundreds of applicants with advanced degrees and lots of programming smarts, when really we need a jaxb ditch digger or an aws house framer. Not unskilled work, but doesn't demand a decade of expensive education and experience.

Give me pajeet who shows up 40 hours a week and keeps the lights on over Phil who gets bored and causes office drama because he's way overqualified for the job .

FUCK YES

Microsoft is going to hurt over this because they're one of the biggest abusers of the H-1B. Imagine them having to suddenly shift to hiring American citizens at a decent wage

This. The only downside is that you have to Febreeze Pajeet's office every once in a while.

you say that as if they won't just shrug and not bother with the expensive Americans and do less development, since they have such a captive market.

Posted above but there's an issue with these programmers: they say no to wages that align with the skill required for the job. I have to hold back a laugh on the regular when an entry level AWS jockey wants six figures when I've got qualified 24 year olds that are up against their student loans who will do the job for 50k. We don't use h1b, but I totally get it. American education system, and circlejerks like reddit and frankly /g lead people to believe they're worth more than the market will bear.

Sounds like you're overselling the job and hiring the wrong people. Not Phil's fault.

That shit is fresh out of college graduate tier work, so maybe lighten up on the entry level, five years experience bull shit?

>captive market
Idunno, maybe around the time Microshit gets shittier, a better competitor will come along and swoop up their customers. Honestly I'd like to see it. Microsoft's semi-monopoly sets low standards for commercial operating systems.

This was literally being said 20 years ago.

A lot has happened in 20 years. I'm looking at Google.

And the reality is entry level work is revolving door positions. I know at Google, people come in, as fast they go out because they have Google on their resume and job hop until they're early 30s and settle in to a cushy gig with a lot of firepower on the resume but not a lot of accomplishment.

Those are jobs college grads SHOULD be doing. Not H1-B visas.

The management taking shit code lime you describes is exactly is why Yahoo is in the shitter. It's also definitely what makes Google not shit.
Shareholders learned their lesson about trusting Pajeet with Yahoo. They don't buy stock that Pajeet pitches anymore.

Do diversity managers see actually see pajeets as good for diversity? If so, then that completely discredits their work.

I mean diversity consultants

The butthurt from google and ms will be immense.

They shouldn't care if diversity is met.

PAJEET BTFO!

SHUT THE FUCK UP SHARIA BLUE! IF IT COULD BE OUTSOURCED, IT WOULD ALREADY BE OUTSOURCED.

I did not, can you please quote the exact line where I said that? If not, get that straw-man shit out of here

Oh we list the jobs as truly entry level, but we do require a BS and one light cert such as the comptia garbage that any clown could cram and pass for 'full performance' positions in our department to comply with Federal regulations that protect the data we deal with.

We get the right applicants. But we also get many that don't understand why they're out of a job to begin with. Many of them either overvalue their own skills, or didn't take the opportunity to learn new ones.

Shanghai is about to become a cyberpunk mega-city. Move there and learn chinese and live the life of Neuromancer.

They should! We recruit directly from a number of universities. I handle at least one job fair a year personally. Unlike many, we actually tell prospectives up front what our entry level staff salaries are. Currently the market will bear them. Not necessarily h1b either; mentioned in another post we have zero h1b employees today in the department. But, many offer their entry level services at salaries that compete with h1b. They're not rock stars but they get the job done. In turn, keeps our costs down, and lets us offer good prices to the customer.

I'm not really arguing a point. Just trying to share my observations. I don't know how a recent CS grad is supposed to compete with a guy that came from india or China, went to night school, earned a degree, and will do the job at a cut rate because they already knew how to feed a family on a barber wage. And they're often citizens at that point.

I challenge all the college kids who want to make big bucks in CS to use their academic time to learn real computing foundations that translate across disciplines. Pajeet with his Linux+ is not going to figure out how to cross compile our bare metal software for arm without making major infrastructure changes to the build chain. I didn't mind giving that task to a college grad because it does that take a kernel wizard; but when I listed the position I got to add extra requirements and salary because it does require specialized skills!

Does that : doesn't. Tha KS mobile ;)

>Many of them either overvalue their own skills, or didn't take the opportunity to learn new ones.
I suspect many if not most people really, really dislike this learning things business. They want it to be over, so they fall for the line about how if they do a bit more of it in four years, they'll never have to do it again.

Those Pajeets make 80k+ a year. I've worked for Microsoft for 12+ years they generally know their shit.

lots of pajeets are citizens and those usually are the ones who aren't fucking retarded

What's sad though is that computer programmers are no longer considered skilled labor. We're now just bodies.

Unless you have a pad or masters maybe. You have your compsci phd, right pajeet?

Should it be sad or happy? Sad that a skill is now seen as less "skillful" or happy that we're moving up in our knowledge of information that we can now call something "less skillful"

The only legal reason to be able to use the H-1B program is if there are too many underqualified people. If Phil is overqualified, he's still qualified. You have to hire him.

And for what it's worth, if someone overqualified is applying for lower end work, is either because there isn't enough high end work, or he isn't as overqualified as you or he thinks he is.

whose laughing now, you fucking shitskin lovers??????

I hope this happens just to see what excuses the Sup Forumsabbies and the weaboo Arch filth in this board use to justify their unemployed status.

LeL, fuck pajeet and fuck the rich fags that import pajeet. I'll hate the player AND the game nigger.

Better to compete with just Karly, rather than both Karly and Pajeet.

LeL fuck off cucks. How about you swamp your neighborhoods with Pajeets and Spics for the cheap labor. The US isn't your Globo-Homo-corps Economic Zone #34 where you can just mold it into the perfect Shekel center.

Programming is like a common skill now and it's losing its value because learning it is so readily available

FUCK this stupid fat american shit.

India will build its own silicone valley

AND GO TO SPACE

>Implying Americans can fill the gap

fuck you

High availability of learning sources online isn't enough. Few people are disciplined enough to self-teach beyond fizzbuzz-tier material (if even that). Do you think people who complete Codecademy's python tutorial will instantly be ready to work on a 100k+ line codebase? Doubt it.

>silicone valley

So India will now become the hub for boobjobs? Mexico would probably be safer for that shit.

The problem is that if someone is overqualified they will expect a higher wage. This means the company has to either pay him a higher wage or that overqualified person will refuse to work for them. The company chooses to not hire them at all.

Patel, are you suggesting Americans couldn't do anything better than India? Aside from victim blaming gang rapes, and public dedication, and diseased water ways from dead bodies caught in flash floods.

job hierarchy arrogance is the worse. Only difference between any job is your ability to do it and how scarce you are or how much training is required to do it well. That determines pay scale but doesn't make any job or profession any more or less important than any other. All jobs are things that need doing. If you needed a ditch dug and there wasn't anyone to do it, you'd be grabbing a shovel no matter how good of a programmer you are.

See

>Atleast Pajeets were paying taxes, now the corporates reap all the benefits.

I'll make sure and tell everyone single Web developer, that helps create front and back end software, that they are nothing more than ditch diggers and should be paid commensurate.

Watch how fast they unionize.

>programming is becoming a low-skill profession
>getting my masters in CS

a-am i fucked?

No, you're investing into the main luxury of XXI century - a job. Others simply won't have it.

step 1: never fall for a meme
step 2: no step 2 if you did step 1 right

t. fell for the IT meme, apple products meme, moto g4 plus meme among others

CS is the hot new meme, back then a few years ago it was IT. What a fucking load of shit

>back then a few years ago it was IT. What a fucking load of shit

kek, this post...

Still gonna need programmers that can work in 'more advanced' fields though. Like AI, robotics, systems for military on vessels, aircraft ect

>getting MS in CE
>Have high undergrad GPA
>Have paid research position
>Overly qualified for internship positions I apply to
>Can't get even an interview
I'm going to be homeless, aren't I?

Yeah. A senior programmer nowadays gets paid around 160-170k. Below 100k is pajeet-tier.

>t. Sanjay

What city user? If you're not in one the tech hotspots, you should move to one. There is no issue finding programming jobs in SF, LA, or NY.

You have to keep applying and before you blame Pajeets, same thing is happening to Pajeets who are doing their masters here

>getting an MS in CS
>AKA the "I couldn't find a real job" degree

>Paid research position
>AKA the "I couldn't find a real job" job

>Overly qualified for internships
Yeah, keep telling yourself that buddy.

I obviously can't. Are you retarded?

>Give me pajeet who shows up 40 hours a week and keeps the lights on over Phil who gets bored and causes office drama because he's way overqualified for the job .

No. Fuck you. We either have a nation or we do not. If we have a nation, you hire American citizens. If the job is so fucking easy then follow this user's advice and hire Americans who can do the job but won't get bored. There's plenty of them.

If we do not have a nation, if we are not a people with some loyalty to each other, then your company's profits need to be taxed at a 90% rate to help fund welfare, minimum basic income, along with all the government services that every immigrant uses.

And no, you're not leaving America WHEN (not if) that happens, because when you try to leave FedGov will gladly confiscate the company and all its US properties and holdings.

And people like me who grew up believing in "muh free markets" and "muh capitalism" won't give two shits. In fact we will be fucking cheering when gov agents take everything from you.

Get it through your fucking skull: this country is losing its middle class. If that happens, you can kiss your private property rights goodbye.

>Those Pajeets make 80k+ a year.
Yes.

>I've worked for Microsoft for 12+ years they generally know their shit.
No.

Out sourcing has never been about saving money, because it never turns out that way

Out sourcing has been about these countries paying off executives or getting around shitty laws/regulations

Citizenship has nothing to do with a nation
Hiring an H1B pajeet is the same thing as hiring an American born pajeet