Mass Effect: Andromeda and the dangers of Outsourcing

When is corporate America going to learn that you get what you pay for?

Bioware outsourced the facial animation to EA Romania. Imagine if it was EA India, kek

techraptor.net/content/report-bioware-outsourced-mass-effect-andromeda-facial-animations

>bioware are canadians
fucking leafs

"outsource"

>tfw Romanians take the hit for shit-tier EA Montreal's diverse staff of lesbians

Who did they outsource the body animations and writing to?

don't they have some kind of lead senior CEO of animations who has to approve everything before it gets in the game? clearly his fault ifam (if you ask me)

and on what continent lies canada?

'murican education

Funfact, the faces were patched to become even worse than in the beginning

>Hire lead animators who aren't animators and are in fact cosplayers
>Forced to outsource everything now
>This was applied literally to every single aspect of their game
If anything they proved you could make a game just by stiching together outsourcing contracts from all around the cheapest parts of the world all while paying stellar wages to useless people

Why tho?
The game had fucking bigly budget.
Took fucking forever to make.

>Bioware outsourced the facial animation to EA Romania. Imagine if it was EA India, kek
Romania is basically India.

I think he was just reacting to the fact that Bioware is based in Canada, from reading the article. Not trying to dispute anything in the OP.

>its a try to blame someone else for our terrible game episode

so they can keep the money to use on hookers

They don't know who did the animations. Why would you say Romania?

>outsourced the facial animation to EA Romania.

but I thought

>Mass Effect Andromeda’s lead animator is a woman hired due to her celebrity status as a cosplayer.

EA Mass Effect Andromeda is one of the most meh games in recent memory. Fuck EA and Fuck Bioware.

>Mass Effect Andromeda’s lead animator is a woman hired due to her celebrity status as a cosplayer.

DIVERSITY GIVES US OUR STRENGTH. TOGETHER UNITED. I APPLAUD EA FOR BELIEVING IN DIVERSITY BY SOURCING TALENTED ARTIST FROM ROMANIA. THEIR WORK TRULY SHOWS HOW TALENTED WE ARE UNITED TOGETHER. NOTHING CAN STOP US.

>Cry when you lose jobs with your endless racism, threats to visas and tariffs

Boo hoo

>No new gameplay elements
>Only writing and animation
>hardest part of animation is face animation
>outsource the hardest part of your product to another company

This is not how it is supposed to work.
You out source the code monkey parts of your product so that your developers can focus on the hardest parts.

That being said. Mass Effect games have stagnated since the first game. They are meet and fuck games with a giant budget at this point.

lmao

>America has welcomed all cultures since its founding

Is this person literally retarded?

>Healthcare is free! It totally isn't taken out from us in the form of taxes

The answer is yes.

Canada has far far stricter immigration than America. I would be so happy if America adopted the exact same system that Canada uses.

But there are plenty of new gameplay elements. There's the jump jet, the revised cover system, the new skill tree/class system, etc etc.

This, the animations and bugs are not the only things that are bad. Story, setting and the dialogues suck just as much.

> Why are you here?
> Did I mention that I'm gay, lesbian and trans?

This happens when the "messengers/spokesmen/ whatever useless titles they give them" for "diversity" are made game designers as well

"My face is tired."

"God damn poetry."

Are you retarded?

How about no immigration? I wouldn't even mind banning tourists from foreign countries.

Feels good to not be a pleb. Only games I play are old ones, roguelikes, and dwarf fortress. The gaming industry has been oversaturated cancer and has gotten progressively worse since 2007, around the same time being a "nerd" or a "gamer" became trendy for girls and normalfags.

how about the asari going on about proper pronouns?

fpbp

Ah, typical leftist tactics, blame it on someone else when they fuck up

Boycott Mas Effect Andromeda, boycott Hitman (2016), boycott GTA 5, boycott Fallout 4

>bigly
Eat shit. Drumpf will be impeached soon hahahah.

>lead senior CEO of animations
kek

There is likely a position similar to what you describe, but when the suits above are exerting pressure to get a game out on date x, there really isn't anything you can do.

t. lead software dev who recently tried to stop the suits from blowing off their own heads with our project, failed, and soon to be looking for a new job.

so what I am attempting to say here is that it's no one person's fault, as with most fuck-ups in video games happening recently it's the result of out of touch corporates who know nothing about actually creating a good product and getting it out the door to happy customers.

>leftist
not everything is about wing politics you fucking nutter.

lol poor girl, people seriously believe she make all the shit animation. this shit beyond one person work

Doesn't matter what excuse they come up with, they released it in that state.

>people seriously believe she did anything at all
This is all so dreadful

she was never the lead animator.

I guess all the abuse is karma for trying to make yourself look impressive on social media though.

fuck off gypsy

post your fortress senpai, i am interested in your design.

i usually lost my fort due to switching OS and forgeting about my dwarfes :(

This.
I gave up on AAA games a long time ago. Nothing good comes from big companies anymore because they're too busy trying to make the game sell as much as possible. Which means milking the same formula time and time again instead of trying new things and making the game dumber and easier to pander to little kids and casual gamers since they're the vast majority of the audience.
Innovative and challenging games are only being launched in the Japanese market nowadays but they don't release on steam and don't even bother translating.

Nobody said it was a one man job. It's the fact that piece of junk was (supposedly) appointed a lead position in the animation department.

>Drumpf will be impeached soon hahahah.
>t. increasing nervous man for the 6th time this year

Why do you respond to obvious bait?

To show everyone how witty I am with comebacks

>>>/mlpol/

shhhh
dont talk about that here.

Btw. DF best "linux" game, complex and deep but after a week you can read anything what happen there.

(df therapist included)

>EA in full damage control
right
Or, hear me out on this. Alt right double agents in Romania purposely sabotaged them so poltards could post about bi-partisan politics on a tech board in a thread discussing poor coding and animation. It goes all the way to the top.

>implying that Sup Forumstards do something else than fap to ponies now

EA just fucked up, its have nothing to do with politics, they are just greedy fucks

The fuck are you talking about? Go play the witcher 3 then say that shit m8

It's shit

>Implying lead animator actually meant in charge of literally every other animator
>Instead of a position responsible for or superior to at least one other animator
They probably had a hierarchy where a bunch of small teams of animators each had a 'lead animator' who reported to some higher positions like a 'director'. I haven't actually played Mass Effect Andromeda so can't directly comment, but sitting through all the movie credits waiting for some fucking stinger has taught me 'lead artist/animator/whatever' usually doesn't mean that much as they often have a whole page of 'lead artist' names.

The IT industry in brief.

Is there anything jews haven't ruined?