Youtube's new layout

>youtube's new layout

What's with web developers and why can't they get anything right?

You don't see this kind of shit with other kinds of programmers (I'm being really lenient here calling web developers programmers).

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ztqMa5IgZMY
youtube.com/watch?v=WraWs2qMgdY
youtube.com/watch?v=Xtn3gHtZuZA
youtube.com/watch?v=zfmLWRkEqY0
telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/02/01/youtube-is-now-more-popular-than-googlecom-on-desktop-computers/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>go to YouTube
>the site layout is totally fucked
>it's ok because I always ignore the front page
>go to search
>the text is fucking white
>on a white background
>find video I want
>it buffers for nearly a minute
>every other page on the internet loads instantly
>when the video loads everything disappears
>only the video window and search bar are left
>everything else is white space
Goddamn, why is YouTube such a pile of hot shit?

>going to youtube at all
you deserve what you get for watching shills and clickbait

I'm just there for music that I can't find anywhere else.

It looks exactly the same to me.

it looks/works the same for me.

holy shit

where are the subscriptions now

layout is fucking disgusting. Sup Forums on 'tomorrow' somehow looks better than a multi-billion $ companies best efforts. holy kek

Seems to be only on chrome/chromium, just checked.

>click into search bar
>freezes tab for a half a minute

>tfw you will never experience 2006-2008 YouTube again

What new layout?

You don't have to click on the shills and clickbait.

really miss simple fast lightweight UI
modern webdev hipsters are doing only harm

That's literally all there is on youtube

is this bait

Breaking news: YouTube has been getting increasingly more terrible since 2006, more at 11

Might as well have the web match the bloated UIs of desktops.

There's also lots of music and ASMR there. Plus stuff that can be interesting sometimes like the balding science man, techmoan, etc.

There's ad money in it. Ad money pushes any medium to the very lowest, shittiest, most debased common denominator.

>New layout
>Yet no one was got it
>Still hasn't been posted
Is this the mommy found the thinkpad with arch meme thread?

Sup Forums is honestly one of the best looking/working sites around imo. Funny how it's the sites that have hardly changed their design that are like that, piratebay for example.

This.

The worst part is this new """"""mobile adaptative"""""" layout.

It literally manages to always look bad on both desktop and mobile devices.

Web developers need to justify their continued employment. If they don't create work for themselves by constantly changing things then their contracts don't get renewed.

>click on their 'Send Feedback' button to say the new layout is a piece of shit
>it freezes the browser as it tries to forcefully take a screenshot off my screen

That's not just web devs, it's anyone who deals with UI/UX in any way. They all fuck with things for the sake of fucking with things.

Funny how we've gotten so deep that we now have to write bloated technology to deal with the bloated technology that came before.

Where's my jewtube ;_;

Good goym ITT

for a reason goy
they want you to use android

goy

I think that the whole internet is just going through it's own 'glossy era', like we had during the XP era, or 'shader era' we had with games.

When programmers get a new set of tools they behave like monkeys with sticks until they properly understand it.

It still feels like yesterday. Fuck Google and everything it took over.

>Fuck Google and everything it took over.
Like the entire web?

I look at that and get insta-nostalgia, those really were the good ol' days

>youtube's new layout
???

>mfw entire site is completely fucked solely due to me running firefox with a 6 year old profile
>mfw it's so broken I can't even disable the new crap design, so I'm forced to make a new profile to fix it

Bloody hell google.

you bet!

What version of FF? Running 28.0+ABP+Ghostery+Disconnect and the front page is loading fine.

Running latest, 52.0.1.
The issue was in me having a profile from 6 years ago. Making a new profile fixed it.
It's the one thing I hate about firefox, how having an old profile can break stuff for some odd reason.

lulz actually i was troll but now i see it as well

the ad bloker was already working but needed page refresh, gotta bombard dev then

Mine looks normal too.

Buy YouTube red already you jew

Don't have a need for it.

>weebstuff
>ads

Just kidding I'm unironically listening to Shibayan stuff right now so how the fuck can I even say anything.

So was I, apparently. I didn't know until looking the title up.

youtube.com/watch?v=ztqMa5IgZMY

youtube.com/watch?v=WraWs2qMgdY

Here's one of my favorites.

Is that what it was doing?

I've tried to send them a comment before, but nothing happened when I clicked the submit button.
I pick "I'd rather not say" these days to save time.

can someone post the actual layout and how it looks like?

Check on a Chrome based browser logged out of your account

That was pretty good.

Is this all vocaloid shit?

The ShibayanRecords stuff is real vocalists.

The one I posted was, since I pretty much don't listen to anything else.
The one he posted is a real singer.
I may have to look further into her
youtube.com/watch?v=Xtn3gHtZuZA

>nba.com is now an unbrowsable pos
>ywn experience comfy 2007 box scores again

I've gotten so turned off from technology in general. I think I'm becoming a tech regressive.

>the internet is, more than ever, filled with blatant malicious ads and scams, even on the most popular (read: "safe") websites
>ADS ADS ADS CLICK HERE RETARD
>clickbait galore
>video games pander to the absolute lowest common denominator, and most people just eat it up like cake
>microtransactions everywhere
>donate to my Patreon ;)
>every laptop has to have a touchscreen for some goddamn reason
>if no touchscreen, it has absolute garbage specs
>windows 10 being forced on everything

There's no more freedom, there's no more fun. It's just a consumer culture now. And no, it wasn't always like this. I'm only 24 and I'm old enough to remember when the internet had a lot more promise.

Yay, I think the album's in the Touhou lossless collection. Took me 45 minutes to find it.
It was on niconico in 320k MP3, but I prefer having everything in AAC.

Based. Glad you found it.

I found a picture. I can't get it to trigger to actually take a picture myself, but when you do get the new layout you need JS enabled to even view the page.

Holy FUCK that is bad

I like it

go back to Sup Forums
go back to Sup Forums

Now the whole album's up.

youtube.com/watch?v=zfmLWRkEqY0

I like it, they did a good job

>youtube

Is that still a "Thing?"

Hard to imagine it's could become even more of a wasteland than it already has been for the past decade or so.

telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/02/01/youtube-is-now-more-popular-than-googlecom-on-desktop-computers/

"Kill all newfags"

Local guy actually using a nickname.

okay.jpg

Daily reminder to use something like youtube-viewer or smtube with mpv

>not using toogles

get on with times, grandpa

>2017
>not writing your own dark CSS for sites you visit daily

It was great

>Music on youtube
>Not downloading superior FLACs from internet forums

Here's the thing. All these modern web UIs getting shat out everywhere....why don't we just make a browser addon that forces them all back to the older mid 2000s themes?

What's stopping this from being possible? It's just a bunch of code and images. The old shit should still work fine. This could be a community-driven attempt to simply say "fuck off" to all this modern bullshit.

What are the main websites suffering from this, is it just Google products and shitty news websites?

nice autism

How is customizing the design of something autism? There's already a plethora of themes for desktop OS's, and even CSS sheet injector addons.

How is this any different?

Not him but I use Chrome and it still looks exactly the same to me too.

Go back to bed.

he's right

>It's just a bunch of code and images
get started, then

It's not that easy

>new layout
i can not even play anything without adding &nohtml5=1

i remember that back then video caching was still working

Fuck jewtube and fuck web designers, and designers as a whole.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG HHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEE GGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGGGGGGGGLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Every update is worse. I miss the older layouts.

>&nohtml5=1
Fucking thank you, I didn't know that existed. I was tired of the shitty player overlapping the video.

>going to youtube on a browser
>not using emacs to follow the atom feeds for the channels you care about and having a keybinding to play the videos in mpv

Use stylish senpaitachi

Looks good and loads fast for me. :^)

Flip me over, fuck me with a stick and call me Sally, that is fucking hideous.

>You don't see this kind of shit with other kinds of programmers
Yes you do.

>stylish
It is confirmed botnet, use the botnet free version.

I like it. Lots of whitespace and minimal contrast to emphasize the things that matter. This is the end goal of good design.

Post alternatives faggots

can someone post a scrot?
mine hasn't changed

Did you read the thread before posting? I already posted the new one in a reply to the OP.

>those non-equidistant buttons and stats
>assymetrical subscribe that far from channel icon
>channel icon that far from the video div
>that off-center description
>all those varied text sizes and fonts
JUSTtube.com

>2012
>Microsoft instead of something like "improved aero" gives us this metro/material shit
>2017
>Even fucking YouTube have this "For Autistic Kids" design
eh...

>Microsoft instead of something like "improved aero"
Areo was already perfect as its own entity.
The problem was the other Frankenstein multiple personality shit fucking it up.

The biggest problem with the Microsoft UI is that it's not an UI, it's multiple UI's strewn together chaotically into a horrible looking piece of shit, and this was transferred into Material Design faggotry as well.

The setting are all over the place, the menus are all over the place, there is no discipline, there is no cleanliness, there is no uniformity.

If Microsoft ever learned to clean up their shit, we could now have choices to seamlessly switch between good looking Areo and good looking MD and good lookign whatever else, like visual styles in Linux distros.

It's fucking sad that Linux has a more intuitive and rational UI, which takes barely 30 minutes to customize fully without a hitch;
yet Microsoft spends millions of UI development and can't attain what Linux has with a bunch of neckbeards working for free.

What are you talking about, aero was an example of this same concept, adding useless tinsel like transparency and animation to the UI that was simple, light, functional, and that they should have stuck with all along - Windows Classic.

nothing changed for me.. also r8 and h8 pls :^)

Lindybeige is the only one I can approve of.