Electronic circuit simulation programs for linux?

Electronic circuit simulation programs for linux?

Other urls found in this thread:

fritzing.org/home/
circuits.io/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just write it yourself. And make sure it's FOSS.

Minecraft

im just a newbie that wants to play with electronics simulations on linux

Btw:if anyone got a game which has a mechanic similar to redstone in minecraft please tell me!

are you looking for something like Fritzing?
fritzing.org/home/

I use this for prototyping uC stuff

logisim

i want to learn basic electronics, so id like something which is up to date and "standard" on linux in this field

qucs

He probably wants to use something like multisim. I really suggest OP to use windows for electronics because they have a lot of really nice software for EE work.

shameless self bump

capitalisim is better you STINKY COMMUNIST

id prefer linux, do you recommend something via wine?

I'm using fritzing on archlinux right now. works fine.

Use WINE

Logisim, of course.
Write your own Verilog.

>Electronic circuit simulation programs for linux?- 14 posts and 1 image reply shown.
These ate the most popular ones:

NI Multisim
LTSpice
CircuitLab
iCircuit for Macs

No idea which are available for linux.

ps: I use linux myself but I'm not into electronics however I'd like to learn more. if anyone has any suggestions on what tools to use, please tell.

There's logic wires and stuff in Factorio but I always stick full belt so don't know how good it is

>he doesn't draw circuits in kidpix
Absolutely proprietary

ok, what do you recommend i run via wine?

pic related

>Logisim, of course.
hmm

>Logisim development officially suspended

>I am officially suspending development of Logisim. My prior employer supported work on Logisim; but the time came to move to another job. Working on Logisim is no longer compatible with my paid responsibilities.

>I have dearly enjoyed working on Logisim, but I have never received a dime for my work on it. I toyed with the idea of pursuing enough funding to continue work on it full-time, but ultimately I don't particularly want to spend time on fundraising — nor does it seem realistic to expect upwards of a million dollars to fund the ongoing work.

>If you are looking for a successor to Logisim, you will have to take to your favorite search engine and find it. I will not be endorsing any successor. The source code is out there; all are free to to take up the gauntlet and develop it further.

FUCK!

>"runs under windows xp!"
>tfw your edutainment software doesn't proudly proclaim to run under GNU/Gentoo

ignore all these posters so far, they haven't got a clue

if you want to do professional circuit simulation there are two options that I can recommend: orcad pspice or LTspice, both of which are windows programs.

LTSpice is free and is deliberately made to be compatible with wine so this is the option that you should go for if you want to use linux.

It runs in my experience 100% perfect and is adequate for almost anything you could want to do.

pspice costs hundreds of dollars and 99% of the time you'll be doing the same thing as in ltspice, just quicker and more conveniently.

unless you're some kind of expensive company project where you'll be using windows anyway, go with LTSpice.

i dont need to do professional circuit simulation as i am in college, but will check out ltspice, thank you

i would if i could find a torrent of the right version

Oregano

I used multisim in college.

circuits.io/