I live in NYC and I only have 90 dollars left for the week after paying rent...

I live in NYC and I only have 90 dollars left for the week after paying rent. What food do I buy so that I don't fucking die Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/pHUdq
imgur.com/gallery/3Lel7
imgur.com/gallery/FDlR2
youtube.com/watch?v=oMX1sc3eOTE
youtube.com/watch?v=MJmCUSb-ZVo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A large bag of rice, and chicken that expires tomorrow.
Cook rice, bake chicken. Food for a whole week.

Top ramen

Oh the old Asian food trick.

Should I try those 60 second rice/noodles?

>Should I try those 60 second rice/noodles?
No.

Those are shit, and full of shit, and not filling.

A 4lb bag of rice is $4.50 and 2 chicken breast nearing their expiration date is usually 50% off at like $3.50.

$10 and you have food for a week.

Thank you so much. I wasn't joking when I said I barely have any money for food.

Subway

Thank you Mexibro but that's like 2/9 of my budget gone in 1/3 of a day.

The chicken and rice thing hit the nail on the head, you could also buy some oats if you want something different for breakfast

Try beans too.

>$90 for whole week
wew

Yeah. Just New York City things...ha...

yeah, a large box of oatmeal is cheap, but really needs milk, and butter to make it not taste super bland, so that might make it a tighter budget

good suggestion. not canned shit tho, buy them fresh and cook it yourself, lots of savings.

How are you paying for internet?

haha fucking beaner

Dumb straya poster

>90 dollareedoos
>dying anywhere
Yeah no

just hang out around cafes and restaurants with outdoor seats and steal food off tables

that's what I did when I was homeless

This is good adive. rice, no need for spice saves it, mice wont touch it, no need to slice anything. Price is also good

Build wall pls

>I only have 90 dollers left for a week
>Only 90 dollers
>Only
You fucking disgust me, but i'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you live in an expensive fucking place.
Hotdogs/Ramen noodles/ cheap meat if you can fry it up easily/ canned fruits / Lettice and dressing (no toppings) / soup / bread, cheese, and lunch meat / Whatever is cheap in the frozen aisle.

Nothing wrong with canned food.

You should ask /ck/ OP
Those guys know their shit

Hi lads

I only have $4,000 and a banana plantation to last me until tomorrow

Any tips?

When I was on welfare I lived on $35 a week.

Trick was to live off of water and beef mince meals like spaghetti Bolognese, using cheap rice snacks or frozen meals on the side.

imgur.com/gallery/pHUdq

>all those carbs

Fucking Americans.

Exterminate the natives

>tfw your salary is $ 90 a month

Where do you live, user?

I'll send you some food (not leftovers, legit stuff). Gotta help a nigga out in times of need!

I remember being in the same situation one day... After paying rent, i had $500 MXN left for the whole week (that was like 50 dollars back in the day).

Uhm how much is food in NYC?

That's like 2-3 weeks of food for me

Cheap carbs is all that matters

Just work the rest off

Of course it's expensive. It's not a comfy suburb. I'm in the heart of fucking Jew York for Christ's sake.

As for all the kind anons giving advice, thank you all so much.

>males worrying about carbs

ah yes

Go to asian market and buy rice. Rice is crazy cheap but very nutritious. How else do you think those chinapoors lived before europe arrived

It's 6 dollars for a small box of cereal. I'll just leave it at that.

Iktfb

Humanity in general should eat less carbs, not just the fat and/or poor.

It's cheap if you're eating cheap food. Actually everything in new york is cheap except rent. Rent is...rent is so exorbitant it makes up for all the other cheap stuff by making sure you never have extra cash.

I did that but with rice and tinned soup when it was on sale, one serving of basmati rice with 1 can of chunky soup was 2 days worth of food

Rice seems to be the clear choice huh? It's too bad I'm not extremely fond of it. But I literally am starving and actually in a life or death situation. I'm 5 11' and only 140.

Buy rice

The cheapest food - bread and cereal. Boil barley at 3 meals and eat it with bread, next day cook the other cereals. Slow carbohydrates will saturate for several hours.

Ditch all pop and other junk food, too expensive and unhealthy. Beans are nice for getting extra carbs. My favourite "cheap" meal is probably beans with nice plus some celary. If you can afford it, get some spices. They make crappy food into good food. Check out the imgur album the other guy posted.

This, people exaggerate prices here a lot. If you aren't buying from fucking whole foods you have plenty of super cheap groceries.

imgur.com/gallery/3Lel7
imgur.com/gallery/FDlR2

More recipes for you OP

> Bread.
Only 2 bucks a bag. Can deal with
> Cereal
Fuck no man. 6 bucks per box and half of it doesn't even make me full in one sitting.
I fucking love you

Sardines, pasta, and pasta sauce.
all for $6 if you go to a cheap store

>tfw get 4 times that amount a week for my shitty minimum wage job

> All for 6 bucks

The last time I went to the ghetto I nearly got shot. Thanks for the suggestion though. Freaking thugs, man.

>and half of it doesn't even make me full in one sitting
Are you obese?

Np man

90 dollars after rent, for a week?
Not sure how expensive NYC can be but I'd eat like a kind here with that money in one week.

I'm a hungry skelly. Refer to This is why I was actually scared. I need a surplus of calories to even function as a normal human being. I enjoy long runs but now I realize that if this becomes a routine for me I'm gonna have to stop and maybe starve a bit to slow my metabolism

king*

Do you think NYC is known for its dangerous amount of bums out of the blue?

Dude I could feed a family of 3 for $100 bucks, how the hell can't you feed yourself? If you stay away from places like Key Foods you should have more than enough.

Start sucking dicks.

If you suck 300 dicks per week and charge $1/dick that's $300 per week. Surely enough to afford you food and even give you some savings.

Given that's its New York City and the prices are jacked up you might even be able to offer dicksucking for $5/pop in which case 100 dicks sucked would be $500.

dude, there are a lot of rice based recipes. risotto, colorful rice, rice and beans, the list is pretty big

Come on it is a lot of money. Russia minimum wage are 95 dollars for a month and a rent is 300 dollars.

Manhattan is insanely expensive to rent. I mean I get it, they're trying to cram over 2 million people on a tiny island and a lot of its surface is taken by the fucking forest that is central park, it has to be expensive.
I also don't get it because the steps taken to relieve the manhattan population are a joke. It's the most over-populated, dense place I've ever lived in, it's fascinating on a sociological level. How the fuck that place hasn't sunk into the water from the weight of the bodies on it is beyond me

I doubt op lives in Manhattan desu, I'd assume Brooklyn.

If it gets really bad just go to the nearest market during the night and get some of the food they throw out.

I don't live in NYC but if I had to live cheap for a bit here's how I would do it:

1) Breakfast - Oats + Milk
2) Lunch - PB&J + Fruit
3) Dinner - Rice, beans, and veggies cooked in crockpot
4) Snacks - Assorted nuts

>90$
>for AN ENTIRE WEEK OF FOOD

Jesus Christ, that's more than enough money for a MONTH of food, you fuckwit.

Buy some rice and potatoes. Bread. Deviled ham. Vegetables. Cheap (near expiry) chicken. Eggs.

Like, God damn. Stop buying McDonald's every meal and you'll be fine. Hell, even if you DID get McD's for every meal you'd still have money left over.

>Hell, even if you DID get McD's for every meal you'd still have money left over.
He most likely would, lots of poor people in the US subsist on McDonald's dollar menu.
Definitely not healthy, though.

Working for minimum wage do not rent accommodation. They live with their parents.

Canned produce proteins for body and I do not think that they are expensive.

How do you not have a Desperation Pantry of rice, beans and spices already

Probably Williamsburg, cause he just don't give a fuck

Like I said, I personally need much more calories than the average person. My minimum spending a day on food would be about 20 bucks and that's on generic af food like homemade bagels.
Food in Russia is very cheap
Gravesend. 1.4k a month. Not a shabby place but still fucking expensive.
Thank you for your helpful advice

CHIcken and rice, as others have said.

Fuck you, my rent is more than that and I live in a shitty area.

On the other hand, I also probably get paid way more than you, so never mind.

It is a good country where fulltime work at minimum wage cant afford rent. I like it, poor.

What do you eat? Sounds like you eat at least double what the average person does.

is that "need" or "want". because i'm a 6'2'' male and you seem to "need" more food than me

>Food in Russia is very cheap
Only potatos are cheap, but it is not very good to eat only potatos. Probably rice, vegetables and chicken are more than enough for one week and I will not believe you it cost more than 90 dollar

I'm off to buy some bread, rice, and chicken. Should cost me about 10-12 bucks and last me until the end of the next week.

Thank you all so much for the advice. I love you all. Good thing the supermarket near me is 24/7 cause I'm hungry af. Hope I don't get mugged.

Shit load of carbs. All I can say.
Actual need. Warm weather is coming and you can still see my gross ribs poking out :(
Not sure about Moscow but my grandparents live in Sochi. The retirement money is not much but it is still good enough for all good portions of food.

>Food in Russia is very cheap
30-50% cheaper

You'd be surprised how little a person needs food. Gulag prisoners ate half the food than you and worked seven days a week for several years.

>Living in Manhattan proper
Sheeeeeit. I live in the Bronx and have 1000$ left at the end of the month. I don't know how you're managing with 90$

well, tapeworms can be expelled with the proper medication man

its 5x more expensive.

We saved you from food shortage, lol

We love our gulags, it is a reason to live.

>90 dollars
>What do I have left

Nigger if you were in the midwest like me, you would have more than enough to make it through the week.

Why is New York so expensive?

It's an Alpha++ city, and the only other one in the world is officially a muslim mecca. But seriously, an Alpha++ city is incredibly desirable. Competition breeds high prices

do you enjoy living there?

Why not live somewhere else that's cheaper

thread OST

youtube.com/watch?v=oMX1sc3eOTE

How much are fruit and vegetables there?

Get frozen snap beans 1kg/ ~2lbs, get a chicken breast 1lbs add two carrots an onion (optional only if you like onions i like them, but prefer it without), and some hot sauce you have lying about, and you've got food for 2-3 days. I made this last week, cost me about 10$.
Healthy, nutritious, good for weight, constipation, just enough protein and carbs.

Foodbank.

>nyc
Here you go m8

youtube.com/watch?v=MJmCUSb-ZVo

>dumpster diving for food
You some sort of gypsy lad?

I think sardines offer the best bang for your buck in terms of Nutrients / $

Almots 90 gr of protein and a lot of healthy fats in a large can for cheap

Do you not own a crock pot?

That's cheap good food 101.
Granted it's not fast but you cook in bulk and have leftovers.

Make chili.

you fucking eat yeast, thats worse.

Full milk, coffee, potatoes, sugar, white rice, eggs.

From my knowledge at work I know that the standard, white and preboiled rice is quite stomach filling but quite poor in terms of nutritients. People rather recommend noodles of all kinds and potatoes. Both are heavily flexible for later production, ie you can fry potatoes, serve them with salt and herrings and make a cheap salad of it. Those salads are called "Kartoffelsalat" here in Germany, you can check Google for easy recipes. Most of them contain about 5-6 ingredients only but are both filling and nutrious and when prepared the right amount of salad, you can eat 3 days straight from it.
As for noodles, preparing a simple spaghetti dish is totally easy and doesn't even need that much preparation. Tomato sauce is prepared within 1-2 minutes and for variation you can easily create a sauce made of mushrooms (I prefer fresh ones, but canned ones are fine too).

Highly popular, easy to make and very nutrious are stews. Make sure to use beans, lentils or whatever you like most, you can also mix them if you wish. Check "Eintopf" for German sources and don't forget your potatoes and noodles there. Rice is fine too. When cooked the right amout you can freeze the leftovers for later use, you can quickly heat it up.

Pancakes can be versatile when prepared right. Fry them in a pan, not completely done though, and put some toppings on them, just like you would with a pizza. Add anything you want, including cheese. Complete baking in the oven. Filling them with cheese and whatnot in the pan and complete frying them there is fine too.

Using fresh contents and cooking your own food saves you tons of money.