What's with the modern trend of gimping ostensibly "pro" laptops with shitty dual-core low-voltage processors?

What's with the modern trend of gimping ostensibly "pro" laptops with shitty dual-core low-voltage processors?

Is it even possible to buy a laptop with a quad-core i7 without spending $2.5k on a mobile workstation anymore?

>That laptop on the bottom
>that fold
disgusting

The idea is a machine to get work done, with long battery life, and doesn't kill your back lugging it around. Also they're nowhere near $2400 if your shop for what you actually need, and come in quad cores. Work got me a quad core i7 in one of those pictured, with a huge nvme. With a smaller nvme and an i5, this laptop wouldn't even to $1800.

looks gud to me

allows the gpu to breath when running closed and so that if you flip the screen drawing on the screen is much more ergonomic with a slight angle

besides caring so much about the damned looks of the device is completely autistic, minimalism is all you need to look go to normies anyway

battery life battery life battery life battery life battery life battery life kys if you think you need a fucking ultrabook to do your heavy lifting

>one of those pictured

I'd be curious to know which one. Except of the recent Surface Pro "performance base" I thought all of the others only came with ULVs

>battery life battery life battery life battery life battery life battery life kys if you think you need a fucking ultrabook to do your heavy lifting

Other than the $300 facebook machines at Walmart, what modern laptop *isn't* trying to pass itself off as an ultrabook?

ThinkPad P50 and Zbook and Alienware

otherwise you dont NEED your laptop to be any more thick, there isn't a reason. If you really want quad core in a laptop you can get these sorts of things or a gaming designation (doesn't matter stop worrying about subtle red stripes).

XPS 13. Doing the and screen savers you a TON of money off you want one of those, but they're not as awesome without it. I'm not sure that it's not a ulv CPU, but it is an i7.

You can get a T460p for sub $1300 with a 1440p IPS and quad core i7

Even less with that discount on /tpg/

Thanks!

Huh. I'd seen the 460 and the 460s. This is the first time I've heard about the 460p. Thanks!

What's the point? This is what Apple realized many years ago, something others later caught onto. There's a point where some tasks are best done on a desktop, trying to make a laptop to do those same things will result in you creating a 4 inch thick 6 kilo gaymen laptop. All a Pro laptop needs to do these days is handle 4K-5K video editing smoothly, if it can do that, it can do other things under it very well. Any other more intensive requirement is best done on desktop.

Why don't you get it?

Based purely on that photo, only one of those notebooks looks like a solid piece of machinery.

The Macbook Pro.

Everything else looks like a fad with the lifespan of a meme.

OH yeah and if you just wanted a quad core laptop, GPU not really required (remember that kaby lake gpu are god tier and have 4k special encoder now too) then the T470 is great

Avoid gaming laptops when you could get a ThinkPad obviously, though many are just fine really.

>I thought all of the others only came with ULVs

MacBook Pros only use Intel's HQ series. They always have, don't be so clueless about what you're criticizing. All 15" MBPs use 45w CPUs while 13" uses 35 IIRC.

SurfaceBook are built better than a macbook buddy

Its the worst looking machine in the stack.

That's not even a popular opinion and who gives a fuck

ThinkPad aren't pretty but they have functionality instead

You could buy a FagBook Pro. Otherwise you can buy a mobile workstation. Both are expensive as fuck. Deal with it.

>Dell XPS 15 for 200 please

Because my shitty dual core ultra low voltage processor matches a stock i5 2500 in cinebench (multicore) and plays Fallout 4 at 30fps, while lasting over an entire day per charge and never getting more than warm
Fite me

ThinkPads ARE pretty. They're the best looking Windows machines. Everything else is gimmicky and tacky, cheap looking.

Yeah...

I just wanted to make this macfag go away is all, i actually enjoy thinkpad aesthetic

Which laptop

>tfw friend owns a 14" 1080p sandy bridge i7 HQ ThinkPad with 8GB ram which was cheaper than todays 15" 768p i5-memeU 4GB plastic toys
Notebooks are more and more shit for more and more money.

its called battery life its important for people who use their laptop for mobility to go out and not sit at home all day -_-

yes
dell xps 15

Yeah, and start a video editing software to hear what a jet engine sounds like.
Once I had to render a video in a hotel with a coworker's 2015 15" macbook, fully specced. The noise was insane, we had to wait 40 minutes before going to bed.

>i7 5700HQ @ 3.5GHZ
>8GB GTX 980M
>doesnt have gaymer leds everywhere
>paid $1000 canadian for it

play gta v maxed out at 60fps, get 5-6 hours battery life, 21mm thick ,only weighs 2kg

And no it doesn't sound like a jet engine. Undervolted the cpu by 100mv an barely gets over 75c on the cpu after gaming for couple hours, gpu has never been past 70.