Websites are so bloated now my old core 2 laptop which used to handle browsing snappily is doggish

>websites are so bloated now my old core 2 laptop which used to handle browsing snappily is doggish

Had to upgrade to a refurb first gen i5 for my laptop. Why are sites becoming so disgusting bloated?

Other urls found in this thread:

suckless.org/wiki
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because no one caters to some fucking poor person like yourself using shitty old equipment

because form>function if you're a web "designer"

>core 2 laptop
>vomiting grill.avi

Even my Z3735F netbook doesn't have much of a problem running Chromium.

There's nothing stopping me from buying a new laptop. But I hate chiclet keys so much I decided a refurb thinkpad was a preferable alternative.

>Why are sites becoming so disgusting bloated
Lazy coders
MUH SOCIAL MEDIA
Ads up your RAM
More Botnet needs more resources

Websites are literally all about design you cockweasel.

Sorry we've progressed past black text on a white page. Go read a newspaper.

because most people can afford new laptops and would rather have sites look good than to appease people still using 10yo tech.

Use umatrix and ublock Origin.as well as decentraleye.

I hear ya, Ewen suck now. I stopped using webmail because I hate the lag.

Web "devs" and H1b slaves.

>new technology doesn't work good on my old technology
really shaves the ole' nutsack

lol shit still lags on a 6700k with ublock origin. shit's just bloated and servers are slow.

Some sites can be slow and sluggish on a sandybridge i5 too. Level1techs.com is a good example of that. I can see it use up a lot of CPU cycles on both a mac mini (sandybridge) running firefox, safari, and chrome and a desktop computer running windows 7 and firefox on an i5 4690.

I notice the CPU usage of ebay can creep up too at times. Those sites are much heavier than youtube and other video streaming sites.

if "bad web design by numale cuntlips" constitutes "new" then I want to be retro.

A good web developer considers this as graceful degradation. But I'm sure you have the LATEST version for your meme browser, instead of one intended for a decade old cum filled laptop.

t. Software developer

It's both poor design/implementation and the slow progression of hardware. Take msn.com, that site is a piece of shit yet ms still want it set as the homepage for millions of IE users even though IE takes fucking forever to load up all of the bloat on it properly

My laptop is c2d and it runs fine on sites. I can't tell the difference between it and another sandy bridge laptop because I do not play children's video games.

The biggest way to improve your computer experience is still an ssd, not a cpu. As long as you don't play dumb gaymes.

What affects web browsing the most is how much RAM you have and how fast does it perform. SSD doesnt matter much for web browsing, really. Apart from downloads of files and swapping, what does it matter?

>muh numales

I'm browsing more or less fine on both core duo and i3. Also on my tablet that has something even worse. The core duo sometimes feels a little slow.

I guess it depends a bit on what you're browsing, tho. Many sites are still very simple. The bad ones tend to be pretty horrible anyway, whether they work properly or not.

>But I'm sure you have the LATEST version for your meme browser, instead of one intended for a decade old cum filled laptop.
When did Sup Forums become like this? Real Sup Forums:s would only appreciate meaningful progress. It is normie shit to love new shiny shit just because it is new and shiny

Because adtech companies keep throwing 5-10 MB of JS on every page they touch.

Holy fuck that was slow to even access.

its $200 for a good laptop that runs anything

Newspaper are much better for reading than any website.

(Except the xboxhuge ones like Zeit, fuck those)

Because 4GB ram is not enough.
I have a C2D-LV laptop with 8GB ram and a desktop Sandy i5 with 4GB, and the laptop works way better except for video decoding.

>c2d
lool he's not on overclocked i7 using SLI to browse on 3 144fps liquid cooled monitors with 64gb rgb ram lighting up his Fractal Design® Celibacy 4life window case desktop.

feel you op. mullins apu in my work laptop.

what are some sites that are actually done well? I think the perfect example is something like suckless.org/wiki

clean and minimal, no bloat, yet still aesthetically pleasing

>Why are sites becoming so disgusting bloated?
Two reasons.
#1. Lazy devs.
#2. Hardware vendors.
Problem #1 is in fact partly the result of encouragement from problem #2. "No, no, don't bother optimizing your site, we'll optimize the hardware for your shitty code instead... and then sell you the 43509384509383067438th Gen Core i7 for a discount because you're a good goy dev that will shill it for us.

Pretty much this

We aren't going to stick to 2005-era website technology just so you can be a poorfag and keep using your Commodore 64 t browse the internet