Anyone know any online resources to study cisco's routers and switches?

Anyone know any online resources to study cisco's routers and switches?

Other urls found in this thread:

freeccnaworkbook.com/
sharontools.com/online-lab/
certcollection.org/forum/forum/3-cisco-shares/
boubakr92.wordpress.com/2013/09/16/ccna-cheat-sheet-part-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ebay.com

ine.com
labminutes.com
cbt nuggets
certcollection.org

better l2google if you want get into networking

>jsut posts the top google searches

S O R R Y

ine is the best

gns3

its literally that easy

Virl > gns3

I actually did a CCNA, have you not signed up for it yet? They give you study material when you sign up for the course you do realise this right?

If not start with an easier point of entry and work up to the CCNA.

Sorry OP

i dont

i dont know what to do with all of this stuff.. ccna, ccnp, ccie.. if only i had more time

The CCNA certification is not the CCNA Netacad course you get at college and such, the latter only prepares you for the former, but not everyone has access to the latter

don't look at ccnp and ccie yet, start looking at ccnp only with AT LEAST 5 years experience in network engineering and ccie even more

ccna is still about foundations, ccnp and ccie are more cisco-specific, you might end up not working with cisco and no employer trusts people with a ccnp and no experience

freeccnaworkbook.com/
sharontools.com/online-lab/
certcollection.org/forum/forum/3-cisco-shares/

>don't look at ccnp and ccie yet, start looking at ccnp only with AT LEAST 5 years experience in network engineering and ccie even more

I'm always taking in advice so thanks! I passed my icnd1 in january and I have the icnd2 scheduled for April 13. Out of all gigs and terabytes of videos and pdf books I have, I would say ITProTV is by far the easiest to understand. I've been going through the physical lammle book and making sure I can do everything upside down blindfolded.

> no employer trusts people with a ccnp and no experience
dumps?

Any advice on how to get first real networking job after I pass the CCNA? I'm extremely passionate about this stuff and can tell you EXACTLY how STP works, which route is the best and why, redundancy, etc etc.

I got a junior networking engineering position at a metro ethernet carrier (a lot of L2, but no STP) with my passion. Let it show.

Without experience? Did the job post say that you need 5+ years experience?

Seems even the "junior" jobs all want at least 3-5 years experience as well. Do I ignore that?

There was no job posting, I applied for an internship and just stayed afterwards after I had proven myself.

Keep in mind this isn't the US (where CS/IT appears to be quite overrun to me) but Germany, a very different job market.
My team consists of two other people for everything that touches a switch somewhere (Metro carrier, ISP, MSP and two data centers) We're in dire need of specialized people, we have too much general purpose sysadmins. Everyone who drops out of University does a three year apprenticeship for IT systems integration here, I did so too, but the Cisco Netacad course we did in school turned out to be quite interesting and so I specialized in networking in my free time, I guess this is what impressed my employer.

pretty much this

then use gns3 or packet tracer to lab it up
when i did my first ccna it took me about 3 months; studying 3-4 hours a day. but my background at the time was all windows/server

good luck user

Wow.
Throw up an XAMPP server or similar?
Anons everywhere will thank you.

boubakr92.wordpress.com/2013/09/16/ccna-cheat-sheet-part-1/

gns3

emulate them and learn

But I only have about 1.5MB/s or 12Mbps upload and I use about a third of that for crashplan backup. IDK if 8 megabits download speed for you guys will be enough. Once I pass CCNA and get a real fucking job I wanna share my collection coz it took me MONTHS to get all of that. I have a huge pdf collection as well with real pdf files! No epub to pdf converter crap. I don't keep those.