No Stupid Questions (NST) Thread

Tech-normies, get in here

Other urls found in this thread:

nist.gov/programs-projects/nist-randomness-beacon
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why did AMD put the pins on the Ryzen CPU instead of on the motherboard?

How often should i oil my pc fans

How to i dampen my HDD noise

How is the NIST random beacon true random?

because pin grid array > land grid array

Depends on if they're at 100% all the time or if you keep them at low load.

How big is your case?

Under decent dry conditions, I'd say about once every 30 minutes.

does a cable modem just convert coax to ethernet?

This is correct

anti vibration screws.
every 3000 miles or 6 months.
cpu pins are much harder to bend than mobo pins. dropped a cpu from 6 inches up, landed edge first and bent a whole section of a lga 1151 socket, good thing it was a dead board. Playing with an old turion later I had to bounce it off the mobo multiple times with some force to bend it and it looked like it would have been much easier to fix. In my perfect world we'd have beefier pins in a modular socket.

Because it's easier to solder when you upgrade

What BIOS interrupt do I use to index my computers RAM while in real mode?

i dont have a cd drive. how do i install drivers for mygraphics card?

You need an iso image of the disk and a few more steps.
>Take a picture of the shiny side of the cd, make sure it is well focused and in good lighting.
>upload it to your microsoft onedrive, or other cloud based file host and rename it DRIVER.ISO for automatic conversion
>download it on your phone.
>make sure you have the gpu model number, serial number and your mothers maiden name ready.
>call your gpu manufacturer's customer service number.
>ask them for the AMD or Nvidia web address
>borrow mom's tablet
>???
>profit.

>get in DeLorean
>return from download from nvidia/amd website

What's a good way to find a GNU/Linux usergroup to hang out with? Most of my friends use Windows and I just need a break from them.

you can download them online. if it's a gtx card you can download geforce experience and that will take care of everything for you

go to a meetup (.com)

kek

New to PC building. Just want to see if all these parts work together.

Case: Fractal Define r5
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A (LGA 1151 slot)
RAM: some gay Corsair ddr4
CPU: it 6600k
PSU: EVGA 700W BE
GPU :ASUS Strix RX 480 8gb

Then this heatsink/fan CM Hyper 212 EVO

I've already got the hard drive. Thoughts for a normie $800 pc?

i5 6600k*

I have downs

I'm moving soon to a new flat. I will have to have the electrical circuits renovated.

If I will have to plug 5 things into the wall close to each other (namely: TV, amp, Raspberry Pi, router, Playstation 2), should I ask for 5-6 outlets, or is it better to install 1-2 outlets plus I get a strip with surge protection?

So basically: 5 outlets vs 1 outlet + strip. Which is better for delicate electronics?

>suggesting geforce experience

Just get a strip. Said devices aren't anything that necessitates completely redoing outlets.

Also, which device(s) are you wiring directly into the router that you can't separate the router to another outlet?

that motherboard isn't overclockable

Thanks for the answer.

Wired to router:
Raspberry Pi 3,
Playstation 2 (yes, it's for playing ISOs from an SMB share)
PC (a couple meters away)

It's not about redoing existing outlets, it's basically that I will have complete freedom on where to place outlets and I want the best solution.

I don't know about building codes wher you are from but here it's either 15A or 20A 110v receptacles, 15A is 1650w at 110v, (A*V=W) you can load that much safely but be warned a single breaker might cover more than one outlet, 5 outlets on the same feed still have a 15A limit if it's a 15A breaker and or has smaller than 12ga wiring.

I have a 700w Denon AV receiver, 60" tv, PS3 and a laptop plugged into a single outlet with a surge protector. I'm guessing it's all you need.
I am under 10A total

Thank you. I'm in Central Europe, things run on 220V here.
I will definitely ask the electrician about best practices and regulations.

Is there a good guide on how to fix all the annoying shit in windows 10?

Is a 1070 for a 1080p 60hz overkill

Go to pc part picker

Nvidia = get geforce experience from their site.
AMD = Do it thorugh Steam
Intel = use windows update... shit's worthless anyways

nope

Just don't connect strips to strips...

Modern TVs in the 40-50'' size class use about 30-50 watts. The Pi gets to about 20-30 w tops. PS2 can take up to about 80-90 w... probably a bit more for the fat version.
PCs can suck up to about 5-600 watts for an OK gamer PC

You can run 4 PCs running from the same strip and the same outlet/group on a standard 220v 10A house breaker.

5 PCs work too as long as you don't turn them on at the same time. If you have HDDs in there, the power usage wil spike while spinning up the drives.

(I know this from setting up a computer room for courses & such. previous IT amateur had not used the circuits that were specifically for PCs, and had instead hooked up an entire room of 14 PCs to the same 10A group... instructors used the wall socket switch to turn each row of PCs on... of course blowing fuses all the damn time)

In my case, I have:
>PS2
>PS3
>40''TV
>Raspberry Pi 2 / phone charger
>3 TB external HDD
>a high end gamer laptop (charger)
>a reasonably powerful gamer desktop PC

on the same circuit... again 220v / 10A circuit..

As long as you don't fire everything up simultaneously, you're good...

lmgtfy

nist.gov/programs-projects/nist-randomness-beacon

also the static from tv tuners is true randomness, thats how random.org works

Can anyone tell me why I can't ban evade anymore?

What I usually do to ban evade is:

Reset my router (because dynamic IP) -> Clear cookies on my browser -> get unbanned.

But this isn't working somehow rn.

why cant i get the amd drivers through their website?

what does PC stand for?