Xfce fags will defend this

xfce fags will defend this.

> want to install lightweight DE
> can't without a fucking cd burning program

wow a whole 2mb

what a tragedy

2mb of botnet. I don't want it, why can't I have xfce without it? why does it remove the fucking clipboard manager if I want to remove it? xfce devs are retarded.

kill yourself

Xfce shills are in full damage control mode.

xfce is a middleweight DE you dipshit

MUH BLOAT faggots are usually absolutely clueless babbys

I bet if the CIA installed 2 mb of malware you wouldn't have a problem because it's just 2 mb.

You can download xfce-session without it's dependencies if you knew how to use your package manager faggot.

I see that OP has previously uninstalled some other program that had all of the listed packages as dependencies. After having uninstalled that, all of the unnecessary packages are listed with every apt operation.

Dependencies of xfburn:
Depends On : libburn libisofs gtk2 libxfce4ui exo gst-plugins-base-libs libgudev desktop-file-utils

Other programs that depend on xfburn:
Required By : None
Optional For : None

t. nigger cattle

The whole point of a DE is to provide basic software to use your computer. The xfce team decided that software for burning cds should be included in the environment, so they did.
If you disagree with that and don't want the additional software, that's ok. But you shouldn't install a DE in that case.
Only install the window manager + whatever else you need.

xfburn is part of the DE. If you don't want the whole DE, install its parts separately. If your distribution builds all the packages with xfburn then you might have to build it yourself and disable the xfburn flags. There's a reason autists like Gentoo - it allows you to choose which features you do or don't want.

Even wannabe "light" distributions like Arch usually include support for as many options as possible when building packages. Fact of the matter is - if you don't want support for something then you just need to build it yourself.

Including this stuff by default isn't necessarily bad - the average user would be disappointed if his xfeces didn't integrate xfburn into as many of its parts as possible.

t. CIA nigger

You can though:
# dpkg -r --force-all pkgname

Then edit /var/lib/dpkg/status to prevent dpkg from complaining. Finally, # apt-mark hold pkg_with_pkgname_as_dependency to prevent it from "updating" and install the package again.

>prevent it from "updating" and install
*to prevent it from installing agian
As long as you know what you're removing, you can remove any dependencies you want.

OP BTFO

yeah better install gnome or kde, much lighter amirite

that's not the point. I want to remove xfburn, why does it want to uninstall my clipboard manage? what kind of horseshit is that?

>2mb of botnet

WRONG. I'm a vim user since 91, I know what I'm doing. you don't.

These packages are not leftovers, apt is complaining it wants to remove them too. I dont want to remove the clipboard manager.

typical xfce shills.

That's because your package manager is shit, xfce has nothing to do with this.

xfce is the least shittiest of all the linux DEs
anything more lightweight requires lots of time to spare and heavier DEs run slower than windows 10.

just yesterday I wanted to install lubuntu on my old desktop, it can't install grub for some reason even if I manually partitioned the HDD.
Now i installed chromiumOS on it and it is running as a new PC.

Unfortunately i can confirm, the only packages that depends on xfburn are metapackages, OP status is definitely BTFO.

You have to remove it manually, because it's listed as a dependency. It's real easy, see I do it all the time for bloated crap marked as dependency.
>That's because your package manager is shit
It has nothing to do with the package manager, but the package maintainers for bundling it as a dependency. They do this for all-round ease of use, like meta packages, so everything installs in one giant bundle. Apt is functioning as intended, pulling in dependencies.

>unironically using XFECES
Lol. Install MATE, nigger.

What the hell are you talking about? are you high? are we looking at the same OP's image? the only two things that will be removed with that operation is xfburn itself and the xfce4-goodies metapackage. Is this for baiting those who doesn't know about linux and doesn't know what a metapackage is?

For you and OP.

>the way debian metapackages work is a problem
>and on top of that it's a problem with xfce

literally kill yourself, you are just a waste of oxygen

You're a fucking retard dude. That's not a minimal install. A minimal install of Xfce is only 5 or 6 packages. A minimal install of GNOME is only 16 packages. Fuck off, you're making a fool of yourself. Some distros do have minimal meta packages for this purpose.

this

>heavier DEs run slower than windows 10
Maybe on libre drivers

Spotted the butthurt XFCE faggot.

This is not XFCE's fault.
This is Ubuntu/Debian's fault for having shit package management
Install Arch and there are two groups, the xfce4 group and the xfce4-goodies group (which is how XFCE looks at these extra apps, btw) you could install just the xfce4 base group and not have the bloat, or install only the extra packages you need from xfce4-goodies.
Again, this is the package management's fault, not XFCE's

how? it was probed that OP is bullshitting.

>XFCE fags defending their shit DE

>what are dummy packages?
>what is equivs?
Learn to debian you noobs

I can't get over the fact that MATE comes, out of the box, with two goddamn panels when the bottom panel should just be part of the top panel.

>apt

You can easily configure it all as one panel. Just delete the bottom one and add the application switcher applet to the top panel, then move the single panel wherever you want. Takes less than 2 minutes.

absolutely this
kill yourself

>apt remove xfburn
>"packages which will be removed : xfburn xfce4-goodies"
>wy apt want delet muh klippborde ??!?

tfw op literally is retarded

> DE
> lightweight

I'm pretty sure that's what I did when I tried out Ubuntu MATE and it just didn't feel right. I'll look at it again.

gotta love when debian nukes your system when trying to remove some irrelevant package