Why is European art degenerate as fuck compared with Middle Eastern or East Asian paintings...

Why is European art degenerate as fuck compared with Middle Eastern or East Asian paintings? It's just a bunch of prostitutes posing for the artist as opposed to eg. the beautiful, ethereal landscapes of Chinese art.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_art
m.imgur.com/gallery/VYEu26H
youtube.com/watch?v=Ak-Gcikux7E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

american "music" is just a bunch of black people going on about drugs and big butts that they cannot pretend to not like

Tbh eastern art is pretty great in that they figured out abstraction from the get go, while european artists were autistic as fuck and wasted their time mastering realism, as if they missed the point of art entirely.

And even then impressionism was heavily influenced by japanese art, so whiteys don't get a full point.

Because European art is literally:

Hahahaha benis :DDDD hahaha tits :DDDDD

europeans are hairy apes. compare european fertility statues to fertility statues from anywhere else in the world. the european ones are pure vulgarity

>impressionism was heavily influenced by japanese art
nope, a few paintings were. that's like saying impressionism was heavily influenced by african tribal art

t. akhmed

You are too shy to admit you enjoy looking at the woman's body as a piece of top tier beauty?

WE WUZ ARTISTS

Look at eastern art of any period and you will find what we in modern days refer to as "style".

Whereas european art in medieval times looked like, well... this.
The difference between this and renaissance art is the improvement of technical mastery and some discoveries in visual composition, but fundamentally, it's all the same assburger fueled strive for realism born of literal thinking.

Europe is autism.

>american art

Fuck me that is aesthetic as fuck, got a source for it?

>Why is European art degenerate as fuck compared with Middle Eastern or East Asian paintings?

ah, yes

They didnt change the slightest bit.

Well Muslim/Middle-Eestern cultures are quite prudish when it comes to nudity, it's for example forbidden to see your father naked according to the koran and thorah. But Christian Europe mostly ignored those rules.

lol is usa really starting a thread against european art?

Why do you care? It's not like any of these people have many any worthwhile art in the past hundred years.

Africans literally created impressionism, post-impressionism, expressionism, modernism, post-modernism, avant garde. Amazingly talented people!
>At the start of the twentieth century, artists like Picasso, Matisse, Vincent van Gogh, Paul Gauguin and Modigliani became aware of, and inspired by, African art.[6] In a situation where the established avant garde was straining against the constraints imposed by serving the world of appearances, African art demonstrated the power of supremely well organised forms; produced not only by responding to the faculty of sight, but also and often primarily, the faculty of imagination, emotion and mystical and religious experience. These artists saw in African Art a formal perfection and sophistication unified with phenomenal expressive power. The study of and response to African Art, by artists at the beginning of the twentieth century facilitated an explosion of interest in the abstraction, organisation and reorganisation of forms, and the exploration of emotional and psychological areas hitherto unseen in Western art. By these means, the status of visual art was changed. Art ceased to be merely and primarily aesthetic, but became also a true medium for philosophic and intellectual discourse, and hence more truly and profoundly aesthetic than ever before.

Unironically this stuff doesn't look bad at all.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_art

Dunno, randomly found it on the internet.
I tried to search for source, but reverse image only gave results in arabic, which I can't navigate at all.

Anyway, calligraphy is an extremely underrated art form and it's no wonder tourists in asian countries get "dumb white pig" tatood on their shoulders and leave satisfied: despite the literal meaning of the writing, the visual symbols still look aesthetic as fuck.

Why do you care? Those people worked in dark age McDonalds afterwards anyway

>At the start of the twentieth century
>Vincent van Gogh

what's wrong in portraying humans as God (or mother Science) made them?

Stop bullying Japan. Many European artists were influenced by Japanese art. Art doesn't need to look the same in every part of the world.

Is that Godzirra?

Potentially Japan is Europa :)

Nah, Andrias japonicus.

>I have never studied art or Western culture in my life

If you did you'd understand why Europeans idealized the human body
Let me tell you this Greeks and Romans were pretty fucking unique in that ALL of their gods were humaniod

>all of then were humanoid
I thought Pan was half goat, or by humanoid do you mean just human shape

>degenerate
It's not, the naked body is to be appreciated as god's or nature's ultimate creation

m.imgur.com/gallery/VYEu26H
Better resolution

Pan wasnt a very worshipped god
He appears in few myths and unlike the goddess of the home didn't have very many worship areas
You can think of him as the greco-roman link to a different time because that's probably what he was

>Greeks and Romans were pretty fucking unique in that ALL of their gods were humaniod
Unique in their neighborhood maybe.

Eh, it all stems from the greek cult of meat-worship.

It's interesting how european visual art spent thousands of years wanking it to human anatomy without losing steam. That is quite homosex.

Why do you compare painting art with printing art?

>painting art
made-to-order
for rich man
with high price

>printing art
mass product
for many average people
with low price

The printing art is sub-culture in Japan.
Use this printing art for comparison.

You are european too, as an american.

Thank you, GB!

>No culture was as important as the western one for culture,society and technology.

t. teenager

why is michelangelo's david so famous/important?

t. uncultured swine

Homosex.

You know the bottom pic in the Middle Eastern catagory is literally made by a European right?

En Tyrkisk Notar, Som Afslutter En Ægtepagt
By: Martinus Christian Wesseltoft Rorbye

Japan """art"""

so why are white people incapable of drawing in the anime style? there's literally one or two white artist i can fap two among the thousands of fappable japanese artists

"""european""" """"""""""""""art""""""""""""""

>Let me tell you this Greeks and Romans were pretty fucking unique in that ALL of their gods were humaniod
Fucking retard with no notion of history

He literally carved it out of a block of marble.

That why European musicians stole American black music styles in the 60s-70s?

> European art
> Degenerate

lol what

Only plebs can't appreciate pollock desu.

I'm pretty sure Jackson Pollock had been dead for 40 years in 1995.

>Hating Pollock
check out one of his paintings in person next time they tour nearby

its pretty spectacular to see the scale and amount of detail

also Pollock was as far from a hippie art student as you could get
he was a severely alcoholic denim wearing country man.

>PRC flag next to Chinese paintings

>japan
>art

De tuin der Lusten. Bosch is literally my favourite artist of my country

Post some more Dutch and Italian art

Let's start with Karel

Nice b8 no one is going to take it though

Not sure what you are trying to show here but I really like the left painting, its much better than the right one

My art teacher is rather open minded (likes pollock, etc), but he really hates The Scream for some reason.

Actually the reason Hitler was kicked out of art school is because he wanted to do classical-style paintings, but only degenerate art like this was allowed in the Viennese art schools at that time.

How did pieces of art like this ended up in the US btw?

I'm pretty sure hitler just sucked senpai.

Actually the reason Hitler was kicked out of art school is because his art was complete rubbish, the sort you'd find hung up in a middling office

When Japanese students first traveled to the West to study after the Meiji Restoration, they were slightly shocked at Europeans' predilection for nude statuary as traditional Japanese art rarely depicted the unclothed human body outside of bath scenes.

wtf is going on with those windows

I like Eastern art a lot but desu I think the ban on human figures really hurts its development

ITT: A bunch of unemployable liberal arts students

somewhat this, i enjoy european art more but eastern art is pretty top tier as well video related
youtube.com/watch?v=Ak-Gcikux7E

>they figured out abstraction
No, they never learned how to do photorealism. That would be like saying that all children are geniuses of abstract art.

>its an "omg all contemporary art is bad!!" episode

Photorealism isn't something to strive for.
In fact, it's one of the most disgusting """"""art"""""" movements in the history of ever.

he would have had a bright future as an anime backdrop painter in japan

you're somewhat right but its still an important development

because we developed the technical theories of art we can go even further with other aspects.

Rate this

the reason why people did photorealism in the past is because cameras didn't exist

after the camera was invented, photorealism stopped because there was no need to make paintings like pic related.

Of course if you cherry pick certain examples you can make an argument for almost anything...

Yeah, I think realistic painting techniques are a great tool for making visual historical records, depictions, and other visual works of the utilitarian kind.

Art is different though.

I like Hyper-realism/surrealism taking realism to the uncanny levels

you could never have latter developments without the technical theories of photorealism though

This. And it's not like Western art didn't apply symbolism throughout pretty much all of its history.

Lol u srs?