You can immortalize one piece of technology

You can immortalize one piece of technology.

The body remains unchainged but it will be updated with the most recent specs and an up to date OS.

What do you choose?

Other urls found in this thread:

techdissected.com/ask-ted/ask-ted-how-many-ppi-can-the-human-eye-see/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

well that's easy, my T500

Oneplus one, just because I love the sandstone back

pic related would be pretty dope with a raven ridge APU and a 1080p AMOLED screen I guess.

I would have to choose between my Droid 4 and my X200.

I'd go with my X200.

my car ofc, are you all retards?

>increasing resolution
Are you retarded?

Raven ridge would be able to handle the increase just fine and text/graphics would look significantly less blocky.

>just fine
No, it wouldn't. It will just limit the amount of titles you can play on it. 720p is fine. The screen is tiny.

HTC one m8 and thinkpad t60, I feel like there are better thinkpads out there but that's the one I have and I absolutely love using it more than any other laptop out there. Both devices are hardy and comfy.

my pc tower

sega dreamcast

BlackBerry Classic, using mine right now.

of course he is

720p is somewhat blocky to most people, it is not okay. Anyway rumour is raven ridge will be a huge jump in APU tech so I can see playing vidya in 1080p as a possibility.

>the body remains unchanged
My gf

windows 7 ultimate

Motorola A45
I had orange and white but I'd pick black if immortalizing it.
The literal perfect phone. I would never upgrade.

Nokia N900

>>>/aids/

p is somewhat blocky to most people, it is not okay.
You are absolutely retarded. It has more ppi than most high-end computer monitors.
PPI>Resolution.

my elitebook 2560p

PS VITA.
It was meant to be a ps3 in your pocket but failed, I would like it to have the same specs as the switch, a little fatter for say a 3500 mah battery.

I loved this thing more than life itself. I would kill a man to get an updated version.

The A10 was able to play BF4 at 1080p with decent frames.

I just want a X201 ( small, sturdy, good build quality, easy to maintain and long battery life ) with current gen specs. Am I asking too much?

fuck off retard

>"A person with 20/20 vision at 4 inches (the closest a healthy adult can focus) can see up to 876 PPI"

techdissected.com/ask-ted/ask-ted-how-many-ppi-can-the-human-eye-see/

this or the updated version thats for sprint only (photon Q) but for verizon as well
the keyboard is godtier comfy
also unlocked bootloader would be nice too

>4 inches
You're not going to hold that screen 4 inches away.

Did you even read your source?

>every other keyboard skips the row for numbers
>on a phone
And it had to be a motorola

>what is reading
Or are you that faggot that uses 100 size font to read books on his phone?

I think he means that the typical use case is more like ~12 inches. That's how far mine is from my eyes as I read.

Even if you do this the human eye can still see beyond 300 PPI at 12" distance from the screen.

A 720p 5.5" screen has a PPI of 267 and as result will look blocky especially of you put the screen closer than 12" which most people do.

Anyway 1080p is the perfect resolution for a 5.5" screen (400 PPI) though obviously not nearly enough if used for VR.

T410
its not the most popular thinkpad but I like it

>especially of you put the screen closer than 12" which most people do.
I don't know enough to speak about the PPI stuff, but I find the distance claim a bit suspect. Only rarely would I ever use a phone closer than that and I don't see it happening in public either. Especially not anywhere near 4 inches. 10 at worst.

>267 is almost 300
>Nah, let's go for 400 instead
Are you stupid? You'd be hard pressed to see the pixels in a 267ppi screen at 12"
Unless you go pixel hunting, it won't bother you unless you're actually autistic.

And 1080p being two and a quarter times bigger than 720p will drain your battery faster and use more GPU power. Eventually you'll need to scale back your resolution anyways, if you use it for gaming (the device's main case of use). Defeating the fucking purpose.

this
droid 4

open up that piece of shit and update it

CRTs

Both Monitors and TVs. Keep them Off white if they are monitors please

I have to work with these everyday.

It needs to have a red ring around the home button like all the others. Or a black display.

my DICK

definitely that, the classic, or the q10. been rocking a classic for a while now, and have an unopened q10 in-case that goes kaput. plan on sticking with blackberry 10 until both of those devices no longer function. fuck android, fuck iOS. maybe a few years down the line i'll consider sailfish / jolla or ubuntu mobile, but the main players in the mobile OS market are presently fucking botnetted out the goddamn wazoo.

12.1" PowerBook G4

Symbolics XL1200. This would be pretty difficult to update properly.

I agree with OP, passport is the perfect phone. too bad BBOS10 is all but dead.

>at 4 inches
well yes that doesn't mean that it "looks blocky" if you will never use it from that distance

>I have to work with these everyday.
Explain.

Will the display get upgrades, too or is that part of "the body" rather than the "specs"?

If display will get updates, then Thinkpad X60.
If not, then some 2003-2007 Thinkpad that has a 1600x1200 screen available.

realtalk this is the only correct answer

this
this user understands me

/thread

X270

Not the QD model?

I used one as my phone for years. A full Symbian environment, with an expansion slot and no camera. It was perfect.

Gone but not forgotten ;_;

Nexus 7

A second pick but I'd have the SE. Its just perfection. I can't imagine something nicer.

Sup Forums
i mean software is considered technology by these faggot cuck pedophile mods right? that's why they allow the countless faggotspam that are lincux threads and programming threads..
so yea immortalize Sup Forums

I just want a phone the size and shape of the zune hd. I hate how modern phones trended towards xboxhueg phablets

>I hate how modern phones trended towards xboxhueg phablets
everyone does user. everyone.

iPhone SE is pretty close to that (just a bit taller) and has fairly modern specs

I can't believe nobody has capitalized on the fact there are practically no smart phones that fall into the

This. I love this damn thing.

The Sidekick's were probably the easiest time I've ever had typing on a mobile platform and 2's rubber keyboard was GOAT. You'd think that with the micro-micro PC-renaissance going on that someone would try something like that again.

Galaxy Note 3 / BlackBerry Passport

This son of a bitch right here damn

This lovely boy

i disagree, i seeked out my 6.4 inch phone deliberately

Why?

useful to me, better for watching anime and reading my books on it. I dont think i could stand having to read my textbooks on my old phone (5 inches i think) now that im used it it.

You know tablets are a thing, right?

how did i know this would be the response? consider this. Instead of having to work between two devices i have one which has my books and phone on it.

Classic cars

Better than the current "SLEEK, EDGY" look

>consider this. Instead of having to work between two devices i have one which has my books and phone on it.
How did I know this would be the response? Consider this. Now that you went for a shitty jack of all trades device, your phone is fucking massive.

pic related
I'd love to see it get a new USB port.
and more powerful hardware too.

He said with modern specs. There is no way a CRT could produce a FHD resolution let alone 4K without being fuck-huge... Also screen curvature *cringe*

>There is no way a CRT could produce a FHD resolution let alone 4K without being fuck-huge
You do realize >Full HD CRTs weren't exactly uncommon, right? I mean sure they could be heavy, but so fucking what? You put it on a desk and leave it there for years.
>Also screen curvature *cringe*
I'll take a curved screen over a shitty LCD panel any day. Besides, flat CRTs existed too.

Some nice Vaio.

I still don't fucking get why manufacturers insist on putting HUGE touchpads, especially now that we have laptops with a touchscreen AND a HUGE touchpad. And then they put a HUGE sound bar like you're going to listen to highdef music and shit and not just plug your headphones, but then the soundcard is actually shit and the music sounds like shit with passive headphones, because they put all the money into additional DSPs for the speakers so they don't sound barely above complete crap. And once they wasted all that space and money, they give you a FUCKING GARBAGE keyboard; which is the most essential thing to me on any electronic device, and I guess this entire thread is a nice example that I'm not alone.

Also maybe some 12" Eee PC. Smallest laptop with a "normal" form factor I've ever seen with a proper keyboard.

These days, there's barely 12" displays produced anymore, so laptops are either 11,6" or 13,3", and only a few select 13,3" laptops have that same keyboard layout.

>80-something replies
>only one mention of the E7

You are my nigga. That flip-out screen is the dopest thing ever.

>There is no way a CRT could produce a FHD resolution let alone 4K without being fuck-huge

Don't make stuff up. There was lots of 1600x1200 17" CRTs, that's higher ppi than a 1080p 21"

there was also 2304 x 1440 22" CRTs.

1080p would be no problem, that's already bellow the PPI of old tech.

>Also screen curvature
This site is 18+

thinkpad

N800 Nokia Lumia

bcus people are masochists and hate ergonomics

>good keyboard
>featured HDMI, USB-OTG
>had a dedicated GPU chip
>not so bad battery
>phone and communicator features worked side by side, unlike older communicators that had phone and communicator separately.
Owned 2 of these bad boys, too bad the USB ports were shit.
Haven't bought a phone since the second one died.

>full-sized arrow keys and dedicated home/end/pgup/down keys

No. I type way too much shit to have to press Fn to access those critical keys. There's no Thinkpad with that layout to my knowledge, though there are Lenovos, but that's 13.3" ones.

270 DPI is blocky?

TOP KEK

>1080p
Do you have one that you think the screen is "blocky"?

>immortalized GBA
>2017 revision has quad-core processor, discrete gtx1080 graphics, tons of ram, so on
>still no backlight

L O L

dunno m8, but probably between X1 carbon or thinkpad butterfly

if it's a smartphone, i will go with N950 or BB Keyone

>get aids for being a fagget
>ask for money because got aids from being a fagget

You know cloud synching is a thing, right?

>Ergonomics
Phones that are 4.5-5.0 inches are a hell of a lot more ergonomic than 4 inches and under phones because they don't have fuckhuge bezels, actually fit in your hand properly if you have normal sized hands and you don't have to bend your thumb at a weird angle to hit buttons at the top of the screen.

x61

Man im so bummed they stopped making these.

SGI octane
imagine.... workstation with quad socket motherboard, octa SLI and 768GB of ram