/spg/ - smartphone general

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Samsung Galaxy A7 (2017) review
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a7_2017-review-1592.php

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (S625) review
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_redmi_note_4_snapdragon-review-1593.php

BlackBerry KEYone market release delayed, now shipping after May
phonearena.com/news/BlackBerry-KEYone-market-release-delayed-now-shipping-after-May_id92641

Specs and another new render leak for the Moto X (2017)
phonearena.com/news/Specs-and-another-new-render-leak-for-the-Moto-X-2017_id92660

Alleged renders of the HTC U come to light
phonearena.com/news/Alleged-renders-of-the-HTC-U-come-to-light_id92656

Just a Few Annoying Decisions Keep the Galaxy S8 and S8+ From Hardware Bliss
xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8-faults/

user weighs the 64 vs 128 GB OP3T
Anons discuss the benefits of cheap phones
user buys a Zuk
GTFO Doogee shills

old

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mJ9rQ6yI04c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

My BlackBerry Passport's screen is cracked, what's a good site to order a new one?

Anyone gonna cop one of those new Nokias?

I'm thinking about it. Build quality seems great, stock Android is nice, but I'm afraid the low end soc just means the body will outlast the internals.

But if you don't game it'll probably be good for several years. As if any of us has that kind of self control.

>But if you don't game it'll probably be good for several years. As if any of us has that kind of self control.
I do, my phone is exclusively for texting, email, and the occasional web search

>gaming on a phone

As long as Nokia doesn't fuck up the software, it'll be good for a daily driver
The 430 scores the same as the 617, and gets battery life and has QC 3.0

Whats the general consensus on the Moto G5?

I only emulate and that doesn't require much power at all.

It's gud

Good, but the + is worth the extra money even the 2/32GB model

I like how it's built, but I'm not too sure...

The Ericsson GH337 was totally amazing. It was the best pure phone ever and the build quality was so solid that hammering nails with it was absolutely no problem.

This doesn't mean I'd buy a Ericsson smartphone (if I remember correctly their phone division was bought by Sony?) today. Not sure I want a Nokia phone either, specially since it appears that they will be using a very weak SOC.

Though I can say that their return has peaked my interest.

>Very weak
The 430 is an octocore, not a dual or a quad

A few threads ago some manchild was slamming the sd430, but it really is not a bad SOC. It should be able to do a lot more with that 3000 mAh battery than the S8 could. If Nokia (sorry, HMD) can prove to us that they will commit to software updates, then they have a killer combination on their hands. And if that is the case, watch for them rising like a Phoenix over the smoking ruin that shall be Samsung.

I've owned one Mediatek phone. It was a piece of shit that had all sorts of weird bugs like podcasts not resuming from the right place, and then the screen developed a dead zone so I returned it.

Are Mediatek socs still complete shit? Or are they at least usable? Did I just get a bad one? It was a BLU Life One X with an MT6753.

I know there are cheap enough phones with Snapdragons but they're practically giving them away.

Suggestions on good keyboards to replace samsung's shit ass one?

Locally is costs $222 for the basic 2GB/16GB model costs and the 3/32 model costs $331.

If you can get the 3/32 GB model for $200 or less then it's probably an acceptable phone for the price but not really a great phone for the price since it's only got a Snapdragon 430 SOC.

Yes, the Snapdragon 430 is obviously an octacore. It's 2017, not 2014. It's still Qualcomms current low-end SOC.

If it's worth it really depends on prices. It's absolutely not worth paying $110 extra for 3GB/32GB when you can get a whole phone with 3GB/32GB for what they charge just to upgrade from the 2/16 basic model.

I quite frankly don't get why they even bothered to make a 2/16 GB version. Again, it's not 2014.

All that should matter is that the software is good, it could get 20 updates but if the software isn't written right it'll perform like shit, which I doubt it will but BLU some how fucked that up with the BLOX2

BLU software is shit, it wasn't much better in the Life One Z2

You're wrong, QComm's current lowest end is the 210 dual core, the 425 is a quad core, and the 430 replaces the 615/617, it's a budget SoC, but it's not the lowest
It's worth it for the 625 and the better camera, 229.99 for a f1.7 aperture? Yes it's worth it

My mom has a phone with a MediaTek MT6580 and while it won't be setting any records, it's perfectly acceptable. She's had it for six months and no issues so far, but then again she only uses it for very, very basic tasks.

Post a list of the smartphones you have owned, along with whatever you are planning on getting next
>Samsung Galaxy S 4g
>Nexus 5
>Nexus 6
>Samsung Galaxy Note 5
>Samsung Galaxy Note 7 (RIP. Would still have this if things didn't go so horribly wrong)
>LG V20
>Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+ (Next)

>Samsung C225
>Motorola V330
>Samsung T639
>HTC Touch Pro 2 (GSM)
>Samsung Galaxy S 4G
>Samsung Galaxy S4

Not sure what to get next. Might get an S7

Fuck off with your data mine

Samsung Moment
Galaxy S
Galaxy Nexus
Lumia 521
Lumia 810
Moto G (original)
LG G2
Moto G3 (current)

If I were to upgrade right now I'd get a ZTE Blade V8 Pro or LeEco Le Max 2, but I'm trying to hold off. Maybe check out the Nokia 6, or just see what I might be able to get later this year.

>iNew V8
>umi Iron
>Doogee Shoot 1

I'm buying another Doogee Shoot 1

Great camera

>old Samsung slider
>Xperia arc
>Galaxy s2 LTE
>Xperia Z1
>Galaxy s6
Waiting for the OnePlus 4 to come out

This September will mark three years with my Note 4. I haven't had a reason to change it within three product cycles. It's 2014 specs are still 2017 proof. Running it bloat free, with a 256GB mSD and a 10,000 mAh battery and couldn't be comfier.

Anyone else using a relatively old phone with zero issues?

Past
>Alcatel One Touch Easy
>Nokia 3310
>Motorola V70
>Panasonic VS2
>LG Viewty
>HTC Legend
>iPhone 5

Next?
NFI. I started browsing these threads a few days ago hoping that I'd get a definitive answer. Now I'm more confused than ever - kind of a nice problem seeing as how there's a tonne of options. I'm eager for the new Nokia 3 and 5 to come out and see what the consensus is. If not, I might just grab a 2+ year old flagship.

What do you have now? What are you looking for?

Nokia N9
Lumia 720
Galaxy i9000
iPhone 4
LG Fx0
BB Q10

Facing random reboots and double-typing on my Q10. No idea where to go from here on...

>Android Dev Phone 1
>Goophone S5
>BlackBerry Q10
>BlackBerry Passport
Next is a BlackBerry Classic

Posting from a Blade V8 Pro
It's bretty gud

iphone 5

Just need a mid (maybe even low) range phone for social media, web browsing, streaming audio and video, texts and occasional games of Tetris. I initially wanted something small but now even considering 5+ inches. Would love a nice display as I dabble in photography and transfer photos I take with my reg cameras to my phone. 4k filming would be a nice bonus but not essential. That's why I'm attracted to the Sony Z3, Z3c or even M5.

Some old-ass HTC with Windows Mobile (it was probably the worst phone I've ever used)
Nokia e63 (holy shit, it was amazing, I still miss them physical keyboards)
Sony Xperia S (I loved the design, but software was quite to.sluggish)
Currently Galaxy S4 - it's the best phone I've ever used, but granps is falling apart in my hands
Now I'm torn between buying OnePlus 3T or some chinkphone (but I'm afraid I'll miss super AMOLEDs colours)

youtu.be/mJ9rQ6yI04c
This phone seems durable enough.
Will the S8 be on par?

BLU Pure XR

It has 4 gb ram. What apps take advantage of it?

>HTC Droid Incredible
>LG G2X
>iPhone 5
>Moto E
>Moto G
>S5 Active
>Galaxy S7

Either the S8 or wait for next One Plus can't decide. My carrier is offering the S8 for free if I have an S7 to trade in. Wouldn't have to make monthly payments on the phone either but I think I would have to sign a 2 year contract with my carrier. If I end up wanting to upgrade to the One Plus 4/5 eventually I'd need to change carriers as I don't think it'd work on US Cellular. Halp Sup Forums

>Nokia N70
>Samsung Galaxy S4
>next a Galaxy S8 or more probably a LG G6

Thread successfully ruined well done

It's a thread about cellphones, it was ruined the moment OP clicked "Post"

Living on the edge uh?

How is that edgy?

>Motorola Rzr
>LG Rumor 2 (I think)
>LG Env2
>iPhone 4s
>Galaxy S3
>OnePlus One
>Nexus 5x
>LG G5
>LG V10

Might fall for Xiaomeme in the future

Should I care about camera "features" like dual pixel autofocus and software gimmicks if I'm just going to shoot .RAW anyway?
I have an Xperia Z2 and I'm really tired of not being able to properly process my photos because Sony jews refuse to add raw support, so my next phone will be one that save .RAW files.
Should I care about anything other than sensor size and OIS if I won't use the auto mode? I've been looking at the S8 but it only has a 1/2.5" sensor while other phones have 1/2.3" ones.

>GTFO Doogee shills

WTF is this?

>(some random Sony and Nokia phones)
>(a random Samsung slider)
>LG Kf600 (broke the screen, was an awesome phone)
>HTC Wildfire (wew lad, was good for my first Android phone tho)
>Galaxy Nexus
>Nexus 4
>Lumia 830 (biggest mistake I've made)
>Nexus 5
>Xiaomeme Redmeme Note 3 Pro

Nokia 5530XM
Samsung Galaxy S
Samsung Galaxy S3
Nexus 4
Moto G (2013)
HTC One M7
Oneplus One
Motorola Moto G5 (not yet in use, waiting for the screen protector I ordered)

My next phone will be either from Nokia or Xiaomi

It means that Doogee shills aren't welcome here

The S8 will still BTFO most other phones out of the water (other than maybe the G6 and iPhone 7s)

>check tracking numbers for packages I'm expecting tomorrow
>it shipped a day late
>it went halfway across the country in the wrong fucking direction
>my SIM card for my new phone is included in the package
>it's now in fucking Kentucky when it needs to be in MN
GOD DAMMIT. Fuck UPS.

That's what you get for watching anime

But why?

What did Doogee ever do to you?

I've seen posts from guys who were impressed with the brand, but I did not see anything that put other brands in bad light.

>this
animeposters deserve everything that's coming to them
t. frogposter

>not posting both

Go away Doogee shill, your kind isn't welcome here

You frog posters are just as bad
If I ever become a dictator weeabos and neo nazis are the first to go in the ovens

>posting Pepe makes you a neo nazi

Precisely, thank you for making my point

>other than maybe the G6 and iPhone 7s
I don't think the 7s will be able to outclass the S8, unless it manages to feature a bezel-less screen and doesn't end up costing a kidney and your firstborn male.

in terms of camera, was the point of my post (given that I was replying to an user whose primary goal was a good camera with RAW)

and yet the 7s will still sell 10000x more than the S8 :^^^)

>g6
1/3" sensor
>iShit
1/3" sensor most likely, and even if not I won't put up with muh stockholm syndrome operating system for .RAW support

What about the pixel?

Lemme guess: It stopped in Virginia, right?

Pixel has a 1/2.3 sensor

Kentucky. T-there aren't any agencies based in Louisville are there?

>sensor size is literally the only thing that matters in a camera
oh fuck off

Does this mean that my Redmi Note 3 Pro with a 1/2.8" sensor has a better camera than the S8? :v)

I'm seriously considering migrating from my Nexus 6 to an iPhone 7.

I don't particularly like the Pixel and if I'm going to buy an iPhone ripoff I may as well just get an iPhone given the price.

Maybe the NSA have set up another facility nearby.

I watched a refurb laptop go all the way from Cali to Virginia, then back again.

I like to think they are watching me, and have subsidized my employment through a 3rd party I happen to be working for.

It helps to alleviate the impostor syndrome and crippling suicidal anxiety.

G A L A X Y
S 8

It looks good but U P D A T E S
Never again.

The 2 year old S6 has Nougat officially tho

Lagsung

That is true, but so does my Nexus 6 which is three years old.
My autism prevents me from buying non-nexus.

What about a OnePlus 3T?

>OnePlus 3T
Australia has shit mobile bands so it really isn't an option. It would probably be my choice to stay on Android.

The OnePlus 5 will be out this summer so it's not really worth it.

have you considered leaving that shithole

Nah. I've only lost one arm to spiders so far anyway.

is it worth upgrading from a 2 year old S4 to an S6 (newest model i can get for not-300 dollars on my plan, thanks bell!)
ive heard its got shitty battery life but thats about the only con, y/n?

I didn't like the fact that I couldn't get expandable memory. Which is why I got an S7. They seem to be dropping to $400 now.

What's the best way to root a zuk z2? I ordered it and I'm going to receive it soon

Anyone got experience with the UMI Plus?
Right now I have a Flex 2 (the 16gb/2gb ram version) but the battery is starting to suffer so I thought about replacing it while it will still sell for more than chump change.

Going over some lists, the Honor X6, Moto G4 Plus and UMI Plus all sound like something decent that's in the range of what I want to spend.

Internal storage is not that important to me, I clean it up pretty often and just throw everything I want to keep but don't need constant access to onto my PC. Also you can just swap microSDs anyway.
Fingerprint scanner and wireless charging are nice meme features, but not crucial.

Hardware wise it looks like G4 Plus < X6 < UMI Plus with the UMI blowing the fuck out of the others in terms of specs.
But apparently its GPS is pretty fucking terrible and it has some software problems.

Also if there's any other phone in that price range I missed (which is preferably available in Europe) I'd be grateful for a hint.

no expandable memory, what is this
does it at least come with a decent amount of storage to start with, none of the reviews i read mentioned it

Redmi Note 4 Global

Don't get a S6, you'll regret it

You can't put a Micro SD in it. The S7 has room for a 200GB Micro SD. The S6 comes in 32, 64, and 128. The S7 is just 32.

Kept my Honor 7 between my legs during exam today, googling answers. 20 minutes in my balls started to feel funny.

I've heard jokes about radiation but is there an actual reason for concern?

>buys chinkphone
>puts it next to his dick
L M A O O O O O O

Good job, you're probably sterile now, also
>exam
>googling answers
Thanks for removing yourself from the genepool

fuck, guess ill splurge for the 7 then, thanks lads

have you considered the fact that exams might arouse you

>not cheating on exams

FUCKING
NEEEEEERD

It’s not worth it. Get the Moto G5 or a Redmi Note 4.

kingroot kappa

just look up on xda

>chinkbotnetroot

Thanks, I guess I'll start reading up on those two then

>Moto G5 has a replaceable battery
I didn't know that still existed.

>not running SailfishOS
plebs

>kappa

>kingroot

You're joking?