Daily reminder Macs are the most serviceable notebooks

Daily reminder Macs are the most serviceable notebooks

>soldered m.2s and ram
>serviceable
top jej

>industrial screws are restrictive
>782 differently sized screws are better

what use is being able to get to the parts if you can't change them.
moron

good luck swapping your ram in current gen macbooks, faggot.

You can change the RAM, battery, CPU and hard drive. What more do you weebs want, mate?

In 2002 maybe.

4 screws.

Your turn m8.

>50+ screws to get the keyboard out after a dumb broad spills her latte over it.

Not wrong, but the same applies to all laptops since you'd be replacing the motherboard/daughterboard

>he cant use an external keyboard

Kill yourself

>using an external keyboard on a laptop

gtfo rossman you reverse shill

Serviceable my ass, not with the battery and screen fucking glued to the frame.

>screen doesnt wash out at a centimeter change in angle
>screen doesnt have a vaseline rainbow texture
>>>this is a flaw

I dont want to use Macs but the alternatives are too pathetic to try justifying

>shitty shillworthy excuse

>unscrewing is considered diffuculty
neo Sup Forums

And the most poorly ventilated.

My mid-2012 MBP really is user serviceable. Everything after that has been progressively worse.

Dell nailed it. Look! Ventilation holes! They even look good.

>ThinkPad T61 7658-CTO ThinkPad T61 Configure-To-Order system

Also dipshit, that is the wrong side. This is what T61 looks like when you unscrew 5 or 6 screws and then you can get to this kind of view

sage&hide

My T400 looks 99% the same as the top one (maybe someone knows exactly what model the top one is..?).
All the screws can be unscrewed with a single small philips driver.
The internal hard disk can be replaced after unscrewing 2 screws.
The disc drive (rather: the ultrabay, which can also house additional battery among other things) can be replaced after unscrewing 1 screw.
The battery can be replaced without unscrewing anything.
The CPU, RAM, wireless device(s), keyboard, screen can be replaced and are not soldered on.
The Lenovo support site offers extensive documents for servicing literally ANYTHING related to the laptop.

>that dedicated GPU
comfy

>maybe someone knows exactly what model the top one is..?
Literally the post above you

Nice sager

>all that ugly chink shit tossed in there
>those fucking hinges, i mean cringes
i feel so sorry for you user, I'd give you my old laptop because i pity you.

I know right? Sometimes I kinda regret parting from it, but hey, I didn't need the portability anymore, the desktop I traded it for is doing great now.
Loved how it went against all the gayman stereotypes btw

>looks understated as fuck, if I disabled the backlighting or set it to solid white like I did, noone could tell it was an high performance laptop, hey there are even versions of this with workstation Quadros and Firepros
>good as new after the 4 years I owned it. Chassis was sturdy and running an i7-3610qm and a gtx670m, and I shit you not, I never saw either of them past 70°c.

Thanks, mine was a Clevo, but Sagers are rebranded Clevos anyway.
Also, dat clean top cover.

you are correct, but only on 2012 models you can do all that for sure and being more than careful you don't fuck up some stupid connectors and the wifi antenna.
From personal experience, it's easier to take completely apart a x220 thinkpad than just take out the dvdwr drive from the macbook. Also I would not even try to change the screen on a macbook and it was a 5 minute thing on the thinkpad.
That being said new macbooks are fucking horrible disposable mcdonald's happy meal toys tier next to the older models. Even worse than newer thinkpads that also followed this horrible trend.

That's not a Macbook

Shitty b8, but I'll pass on this.
>change the screen on a macbook and it was a 5 minute thing on the thinkpad
Really? Then where should I look for 1080p ips screen?

>SSD
>dying anytime soon

Still, you could have gone with RAM or CMOS battery, the result is exactly the same

>serviceable consumer electronics
>post 1970s

Good meme OP

XD -- Someone needs to make a comic of Schiller throwing the trashcan pro into a trashcan pro.

Why haven't you installed a W500 heatsink ?

I can see why an amateur might think this at first glance. Until you get to the soldiered motherboard and realise every single screw in the thing is the different length.

I recommend nail polish, the latex ones work the best.

Why would I need to? This keeps it cool enough. I don't have dGPU (such as nvidia housefire)

I want to take that to a remote cottage, and game on it into the night... Me and it will survive as society collapses, as we cuddle next to the fireplace, wrapped in a wool blanket.

>reading comprehension

>industrial screws
You have literally no idea what you're talking about.

Wait, what would I benefit if I installed that?

>Industrial screws
You have industrial autism.

Trips of stupidity.

GSX fag here, no they are not, you are a fucking child-brain.

>all standards screws, no ass-backwards jew screws like torx or pentalobe
>socketed CPU on a lot of models
>if you need to replace the ram, it's only have 1-3 screws that you have to remove (I believe the T60 and/or T61's are an exception, where the ram was under the palm rest for some reason)
>drive replacement is one fucking screw
>easy screen replacements, macbook screen replacement is literal aids, shit is glued down
>everything is documented on lenovo's site
>diy repair is easy as fuck, motherboards and other parts are really cheap, if you fuck your macbook up you'll probably end up having to pay based Rossmann multiple hundreds of dollars to get it fixed

>HP probook 4540s
No screws, just press the latches for the battery and the back cover comes right off. No screws for ram, one for hdd, 6 for heatsink.

>implying jewlips and jewsiedriv shitty screws from 1950's that eat your screwdrivers like Shrek eats onions are better than torx or hex with literally unbreakable pattern