I just ordered one of these without consulting Sup Forums

I just ordered one of these without consulting Sup Forums.

Did I fuck up?

So disappointed that I could only get the touchscreen version in black tho. That horrible blue-green colour would really suit the ugly, cheap, POS laptop that I'm going to be using as my linux machine. The eyegougingly bright tackiness is a perfect match for Ubuntu's Unity interface; I would have been the alpha dork.

Jokes aside, it was a pretty good deal imo. It's going to be a piece of shit, but it's also an incredibly cheap piece of shit. It also has an IPS display, and I'm anxious to see just how bad an IPS screen can get.

Other urls found in this thread:

h20386.www2.hp.com/AustraliaStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=Z4K42PA&opt=&sel=NTB
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Oh, forgot to say it's the HP Stream if anyone's interested in googling the specs.

>requires consulting gee whenever making a tech purchase

>believing tham

> Intel Celeron with soldered emmc

> did i fuck up

yes if those are specs. emmc is shit. Better off going with acer c720p chromebook. Comes with 16/32gb replaceable m.2 ssd

>not being thinkpad masterrace

Perhaps it's the color but that looks like a toy you'd get with a happy meal

It's alright. I've used emmc laptops before. I'll reserve the emmc for my os, and I'll keep a high capacity SD card plugged into the thing most of the time. I chose the model with an SD port.

I also have a shitload of flash drives.

Usable yes. But there are a lot of better options out there with upgradeable storage. Dell inspiron 11 series is another

>celery
wew lad

They're ok, but I prefer the ASUS 11.6" netbooks. They're the lightest and have the best screen.

The IPS display is what separates the Stream from the bunch. If it's not completely shit, it'll be worth the money.

How much was it?

It looks like it's built pretty solid too btw.

400 australian dollarydoos.

looks like it was made by fisher price

You got this for your daughter right?

you got jipped. enjoy your overpriced laptop that's weaker than my phone.

That sounds really expensive. Specs? There's a bunch of different HP stream models.

I went with the edgy black model because I hate myself.

Nah, I love the cheap look of the bright blue version. I guess I'm just a colourful guy. At least it's gloriously ugly rather than black-brick ugly.

h20386.www2.hp.com/AustraliaStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=Z4K42PA&opt=&sel=NTB
This is it, except I got it $100 cheaper.

That's completely different from the HP Stream, which typically goes for $200 USD or less new. It also lacks IPS, touch and foldability.

This, and OP is a few fries short of a happy meal.

>I guess I'm just a colourful guy
So you're gay?

It's the le upper class version of the Stream. They still call it a stream.

Fags don't have a monopoly on everything colourful last I checked faggot.

op why would you buy such an underpowered notebook? like what do you plan to use this for that you can't do with a phone or tablet?

Some linux tinkering, mostly.

And it's also something that I can carry around with me without worrying about sneaky coons walking off with it.

oh, well have fun with it I guess. as long as you're happy with your purchase but I can't see myself ever getting something like that.

Better than the old netbooks at least.

I've had the HP Stream 13 for three years now (the newer versions are probably better), and it has only been "acceptable" and nothing more. I bought it for $229 at the time.

I only bought this so I could do word processing on it and watch YouTube videos, and it's done just that.

It does have some fucking issues though. I hear coil whine if I wear headphones while playing a video or listening to music on it. It gets grating after a while. And of course the pitch goes lower and higher depending on whats playing.

You can't upgrade the memory or hard drive space, both of which are really limited. This problem gets exacerbated when Windows starts installing updates on your already tiny C drive. Having an SD card alleviates the issue, but it still isn't very practical; it's looks like they expect you to stick in a high capacity micro SD card and only have the OS on the C drive.

And the Celeron N2840 is making me wish I had some more than just a dual core. And the N3060 on the newer HP Streams is barely any stronger.

Oh yeah, and the touch pad has some dead zones.
---

TL;DR: I wouldn't say you fucked up. But you could have gotten something way better at a similar price point. And it would be something that could be upgraded.

> eMMC

eMMc is so shit, that said I had a stream 11 which was great for taking notes. Don't try to do webbrowsing on it, it'll crash. It was nice for running visualboyadvance but that's pretty much the limit. Only do one thing at a time.

Ya dun goofed