RX 580 is 6-10% faster than RX 480

>RX 580 is 6-10% faster than RX 480
>wccftech.com/amd-radeon-rx-580-570-560-3dmark-performance-benchmarks/

topkek, how the fuck do they justify the price of $349? The RX 500 is DOA

Other urls found in this thread:

lambda-tek.com/shop/?region=GB&catid=0&searchString=radeon rx&ordering=&orientation=up&mfr_uid=Sapphire&keywords=&minprice=&maxprice=&show=&itemsperpage=50&Filter=GO
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>poolaris OC to housefire levels
>$349
>expect €400 in Europe
DOA

>AMD is fucked
>can't wait for them to go bankrupt
>DOA!!! XD

Yet they are still here and growing.

Where'd you get the 349 number from? Currytech says price is expected to be lower than the 4xx line.

If you think a 10% faster 480 is a good buy for $350 in 2017, you should kill yourself.

>Expect pricing to be slightly lower than the RX 480
OP can't even read his own sources

How long has it been since the 1080 was released? And these idiots are still releasing rebrands of budget cards

It's pathetic

Prices aren't confirmed yet. But the source said it is expecting to be less than the 4xx series.

Imagine if the RX 580 was released at $149 and
everyone on Sup Forums against it would be BTFO

You can score a GTX 1080 for $470 now.
Or a 1070 for wayyy less.
$350 is a retarded price for such a slow GPU.

What were you thinking when you made this post?

>ITT taking a speculation "article" as fact
That website is clickbait garbage and Sup Forums links to it every day.

The article literally says it's going to be $199 – $249 US
OP made up the bullshit

OP made up a random price. It's expected to cheaper than the RX 400 cards.

what part of it says $350 retard

>$350
So Vega will be at least $500 then. Fuck me.

ever heard of placeholder prices, retard?

Yeah, that's what he said.

>lambda-tek.com/shop/?region=GB&catid=0&searchString=radeon rx&ordering=&orientation=up&mfr_uid=Sapphire&keywords=&minprice=&maxprice=&show=&itemsperpage=50&Filter=GO
>RADEON RX 580 8GB GDDR5 NITRO+
>£312.90 inc VAT
>$390.78

kek

AMD doing more stupid shit, what a surprise

Can't wait until that piece of shit company is dead in the ground

Doesn't even have a product description. It's a placeholder.
Now go be a tech illiterate faggot somewhere else.

does amd actually think this will sell?

its actually not a placeholder

>its actually not a placeholder
Prove it.
Products have been put up early before with placeholders similar to this. Unless these chips are hitting 1500 core the price makes no sense.

>$349
???

At least they're releasing something, even if it is slightly faster, meanwhile Volta hasn't even taped out yet.

DGAF, wake me up when details about Vega start leaking.

AYYMD REBRANDEON HOUSEFIRES

>$350
>source: his ass
i wonder who this could be

>$350
Are the poojeets at AMD on drugs? What the fuck are they doing?

op made it up you dumb nigger

Those benchmarks show it at 1500. If that was on a STOCK cooler this thing is going to be an amazing card for $200. I mean, the 9gbps 1060 is gonna be sick for the money too but we already knew that.
Golden card under water pushing past 1600???? EBIN :dddDDD

these

It's obvios the RX series won't compete with high end cards, hopefully Vega is aimed at that market and nvidia will have some competition

The rx 480 8gb is still going for $230 to almost $300.
People think the 580 is going to be $150 to $200.
I am getting flashbacks to
>Zen 1800x will be $350 guys!

that is incorect you fanboy bich
*poos in the DESIGNATED street*

prices are the same as the 480 line atleast in the US, as with all these products, prices vary depending on your region.

AMD is refreshing their polaris line with slightly bumped clockspeeds, nvidia is refreshing their line with gddr5x. There's not really much to discuss here.

it already is its called a 1700 and overclocking

Mfw Rx580 AND ryzen5 next week

>RX 580 is 6-10% faster than RX 480

3%

>570
fuck off shlomo

That figure was true from the leaks for an 8core part, and we didn't know the model numbers at the time so no one said the 1800x

rx570 vs rx470

>The AMD Radeon RX 580 is expected to feature a slightly higher clocked Polaris 10 GPU. So this is similar to many custom variants of the Radeon RX 480 that are available on the market. The card will feature all 2304 stream processors, 144 TMUs, 32 ROPs.

>The chip itself will be clocked at 1340 MHz boost to deliver 6.17 TFLOPs of compute performance. Radeon RX 580 will be available in both 8 GB and 4 GB GDDR5 memory variants, clocking in at 8.0 GHz along a 256-bit bus interface. The card will pump out 256 GB/s bandwidtn

Rx480 ~= Rx580

Are you stupid?

Both cards are overclocked rebrended rx 4xx, 6-10% faster is bullshit.

>living in eurohamed

Well if the clockspeed is 6-10% faster then you do the math.

>'''''''''''10% faster'''''''''''

>$349
Can't find that price nowhere in that article.

That's a 6% increase in speed just at stock. If overclocks can be higher than the original Polaris 10 then there's no reason to think it can't make up a measly 4% over the average RX 480 clockspeed wall if the process has improved even just a little bit.

I actually have no real issues with this rebrand and I wouldn't care if Nvidia released a new "1160" that was just an improved 1060. These cards are still really relevant so it really doesn't matter what the companies call them.

>implying that the same as the 580

GET REKT GREENS

Clocks may be higher than we thought
Or maybe it's a nonreference card.

That's because OP is a paid Intel shill who came here to spread disinfo to plebs

>Default Clock: 1450 Mhz

Damn. If this is real, how high can it OC? 1600 Mhz? Maybe there's almost no more OC headroom?

i've seen this earlier.
rumors are ranging from that wccftech slide (1340) up to 1600mhz

It's 70% a aftermarket card, so probably not very much OC room.

>$349
Where is this number coming from? AMD wouldn't be so stupid, especially considering people expected Ryzen 7 to start at $400 and they definitely didn't do that.

I've bought a new 4GB 480 for $149

OP's ass

>Maybe there's almost no more OC headroom
AMD has been like that lately, with ryzen and their gpus they seem to be shiping their products quite close to their respective ceilings.

It's funny that this always generates bad PR, since people always expect a good OC margin and get frustrated when they can't improve much above the stock settings.

Yeah, I also got an RX 470 for $105.46 on Jet last week :^)

That's why the 1700 non X is so good, 30% OC over stock, practically a 1800X overclocked but with slightly higher power usage for $200 less.

Especially when it can be done on a $90 mobo.

Yup. Even the cheapest B350 boards are capable of overclocking the R7 1700 to 3.9 or even 4 Ghz.

Asrock is so fucking awesome, that's a better VRM setup than most $150 X boards.

>retards in this thread taking wccftech seriously

This board is just complete dogshit now, isn't it?

Currytech (which shouldn't be nicknamed that since it's mostly arabs) was right about a surprising amount of shit leading up to Ryzen's release.

They're getting less shitty with reputation at the moment. Did a great job reporting on Zen stuff.

>tfw i managed to get a strix rx 480 8gb for $170

did i do good Sup Forums?

Glad i bought 1080Ti and now wait EVGA liquid cooler

>yurocucks spend more time looking up prerelease gpu prices with their communist EU taxes than they do removing kebab

Europa is lost.

>AIO
wew lad what a retard

Pretty good, I've seen it $20 cheaper before though. Strix is pretty damn nice. Now pat yourself on the back and shit.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AMD BTFO

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

Have you better suggestions for FD Nano S case?

Or are you just this BTFO?

Not him but custom loop if you're not a pleb and think you got what it takes to waterkool.

It's microsofts fault.
They haven't fixed the drivers yet.
It's the developers fault for not optimizing for AMD.
It's not bad at all it does really great.
Nvidia is a sutterfest, you would be a fool to get it over AMD which delivers smooth frames.
Why is there so many nvidia/intel shills here?

Oh look it's the amd shill

>intel resells their same cpu for 20 years
>so what!!!!!!!!
>nvidia resells their same GPUs
>fuck off shills!
>amd does it a few times
>AMD IS BANKRUPT FUCK THEM HOPE THEY GO OUT OF BUSINESS

>They haven't fixed the drivers yet.
>Nvidia is a sutterfest, you would be a fool to get it over AMD which delivers smooth frames

Pls die amdump

>They haven't fixed the drivers yet
>Nvidia is a sutterfest, you would be a fool to get it over AMD which delivers smooth frames

(you)

fuck off shlomo

>including VAT
No wonder it's fuck expensive my retarded mudboi
If we had ID's I bet this would be a "1 post by this ID" thread
1700 is 300 and usually clocks at the same speed as a 1800X my dearest shill
It's called shilling
Though it's kind of sad that rebranding is the norm nowadays, AMD is still rolling on Oland for their low end, and Nvidia still ships Fermi products
And up to the 480 AMD can get away with rebranding since Nvidia won't do anything good until getting to the 1070

>blame ms
>blame nvidia
>amd drivers are not optimized
>b-b-but amd delivers smooth frames

W H A T ?

5419/5173=1.047
that's about 5%
reference is 1340, I'm expecting ~1400mhz on aib cards with 15-1600mhz being the wall
R5.580/8 and mobo for less than a locked i5, and a 1060/6, r3 and a 560/4 for less than an i3 and 1050

we might finally see that 90%+ market share get chipped away at.

R5 in a week
500 series a week later
APU Q2
Vega Q2-Q3
Zen+ next year
Spicy curry leaks and pics

Intel
Pascal refresh Q3-4?
Coffee Delayke pushed to 2018
Volta pushed to 2018
>j-j-just wait for consumer 6 core
crickets

No fanboy, actual i5 user but AMD is on a roll, hoping for you lil' guy. Make Jim proud based Lisa.

>APU Q2
Weren't they expected for Q3?
You're hyping me up senpai, I'm just waiting for Raven Ridge to replace my C2D from 2006

This is not an argument Paptget

But they just lost more market share to Nvidia this quarter

Radeon why do you have so many rebrands?

Raja: I'm broke nigga, nigga I'm broke!

AMD strip mined everything for Ryzen, and it's paying off.

>Radeon why do you have so many rebrands?
Nvidia is rebranding as well, Volta was pushed to 2018

When will we see an actual 1080 level competitor? The fact that 1080 has almost been out for a year without a fart from amd tells me that they have fuck all to offer in that region.

>312 sterling pounds
>includes europeon 50% tax

So it's actually like $200 in a real country

Hopefully this means the 4xx series get a good price drop going and I can finally upgrade from my gay ass 8800GT

Vega

But if you already have a 480, seriously consider buying a 2nd one if you get a discount or second hand one. Pair it up with 6-8 core ryzen and it's a monster.

Didn't the 480 just come out like... a couple months ago?

This is still the rx 480, just overclocked and $100 more.

QUCIK, ADD MORE VRAM!!!!!

CANT WAIT NO MORE!

>Nvidia is rebranding as well
What are the new cards called? Haven't heard about this.