>2017

>Linux still doesn't support the only two relevant file sharing protocols (SMB, AFP) out of the box and have no native means to share resources with other Linux distributions

Enjoy never growing out of your 3% market share.

1999 Called, they want their Linux naysayer back.

>out of thr box
Linux is just a kernel, nothing is out of the box

>no native means to share resources with other Linux distributions

What resources? scp doesnt work on your linux?

>AFP
Literally what?

I'd like to think I'm being baited, but some Apple users really are this retarded.

>basic functionality
>bait

Sorry, autismo. Normal well-adjusted people prefer to use GUI when they transfer files, not your console shit for the nerds.

jesus christ you are retarded

see

I connect to my Linux server via AFP dipshit

SMB works fine on Linux

Not sure about AFP, but even Apple says that crap is deprecated, everyone uses SMB now

Linux is completely retarded for many other reasons, you could've picked way better things to nitpick.

>what is SAMBA?
and literally what is AFP?

>AFP
>relevant

most distros should be able to mount and browse CIFS shares just as easily as on windows

AFP is officially deprecated in APFS, and it hasn't been relevant since the 90s.

Linux is a kernel you retard. There are plenty of distros which ship with samba installed and configured out of the box. Fucking nobody uses AFP.
/thread

>Fucking nobody uses AFP.
This,but Linux does support it, it comes up as an optional dependency for Kodi on Linux.

the funny thing is Apple used Samba for mac os from 10.2 to 10.7, literally the same software linux uses for SMB
the only reason they stopped is because Samba went GPLv3, which Apple can't ship with their proprietary OS

>most distros should be able to mount and browse CIFS shares
"Should" being the operative word.

What is NFS?

Not even Apple uses AFP anymore. SSHD, FTPD, Samba, NFS, Apache/Nginx, MySQL/Postgresql, CUPS, this is all standard shit you can select when installing Linux. Avahi is basically Bonjour. If you want to insult something, it would help if you knew anything about it.

AFP is still used for Time Machine

>Avahi is basically Bonjour.
"Basically" being the operative word.

Do an autopsy on macOS while you're at it

>what is mdns and dns-sd?

Are you a fucking retard? Tons of linux distros have samba configured correctly right out of the box.

its cancer like you that wants everything to be a desktop OS that has done great damage to the Linux development community

holy shit why post like this it's so annoying

See

>Doesn't know how to use terminal