Why we don't have thermoelectric cooling (peltier) for the cpu for buy yet?

Why we don't have thermoelectric cooling (peltier) for the cpu for buy yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

ldcooling.com/shop/l/51-ld-pc-v10-phase-change.html
caseking.de/phononic-hex-2.0-thermoelektrischer-cpu-kuehler-92-mm-cppn-001.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ignoring your engrish, it's because they fucking suck.

Sorry, i russian, this linguage is a kind dificulkty for me. Whay is suck? It can randly temp very well, for overlocking too.

Because it's not the 1990s anymore and we've all realised they're a grossly inefficient pain in the arse with more drawbacks than benefits, and that they don't offer drastically different performance to normal air cooling under the kind of loads you get from a CPU.

Silverstone or something just released one, has a 6 pin PCI-E header, google jt

Thanks my frend, i will chek this.

What you should be asking is why we're still dealing with cooling at all when it never used to be a problem until Intel stopped giving a shit.

>Blaming Intel for the laws of thermodynamics
That's a bit of stretch, mate.

Every watt pumped into your CPU is converted directly to heat

lol kys

because they're a bad idea for CPUs
>all that extra power and heat
>condensation risk
>no chips will ever be able to take advantage of such cooling potential because they're designed for traditional TDPs and cooling

chek'd

Way too low efficiency, if you believe WP.
Also, according to some experiments the target temperature depends on the input temperature and you get problems with condensation...

>such cooling potential
they barely draw any heat away from the cold side, dingus

>ugly large heat-exchanger with at least two 60x60mm modules
>all covered with vaseline and insulation
>voided cpu/mobo warranty
>40C temp drop
>3 times of cpu power consumption
>with water cooled hot side
>extra 100mhz if you're really lucky or spend a few extra grands on cherry-picked cpu

They scale linearly in power consumption with the CPU, when CPUs were 15W max, they were fine. Now that CPUs are 100W, they don't do well without a lot of power as well. They are just not very efficient.

so good for ram and hdd/ssd ?

But he's right, that's what TPD means too

they would do ok but be expensive

It's not as easy to do and efficient as you think.

Look at pic related, you can see the main cooling is still done just by air.
The peltier is just an added way to draw away heat and our CPUs produce way too much for a peltier alone to be efficient for the task.

The peltier won't also work if the CPU side is hotter than the heatsink side, if you only had a peltier, the CPU would heat to way higher temperatures before the peltier can raise the temperature of the heatsink to start drawing away heat from the CPU. Also it would acquire a lot more power to do so then a standard heatsink and might in the end still hurt cooling performance, unless you do it like pic related and again, it's just helping slightly and not doing all the work.

U still have to dump the heat somewhere

yeah, put a heatsink on it.

I thought the bigger issue with these was condensation?

Why don't we have condenser cases
Like a fridge or freezer case.

Peltiers are very good at transferring heat from one side to the other but the other side still needs a cooling mechanism to dissipate the heat, so you will end up with a fuckhuge cooler anyway.

Sub-zero cooling sometimes makes use of peltiers and that's probably where you would look at using them rather than with standard HSF setups.

In these cases you would use a non-conductive thermal paste to fill all the gaps in and around the CPU to prevent condensation.

after doing everything it would take to make a peltier cooler viable, I would rather just use air or water cooling.

Peltier use power, more power means more heat means bigger heatsink. Just get a bigger heatsink and put straight on the cpu. Thermodynamics

what are you going to do, put a heatsink on your power supply?

Peltier + cpu generates more heat than cpu alone by virtue of the fact that Peltier is less than 100 pct efficient

We do, but they are pretty useless. Too expensive, ugly and they cant cool gpu.
ldcooling.com/shop/l/51-ld-pc-v10-phase-change.html
It's better to build a standard watercooled pc and add an external water chiller.

Cyka bylat

There are products already available: caseking.de/phononic-hex-2.0-thermoelektrischer-cpu-kuehler-92-mm-cppn-001.html

So is a fan.

You wait when fan technology reaches the motherland komrade. You won't need to cover your PCs in snow anymore to play CS.

And a fan motor does generate heat, only it isn't in contact with the heatsink so it's heat generation doesn't enter the system, it just makes the airflow slightly less effective.

Phononic Hex 2.0.

It's still a pile of shit, but it's an improved pile of shit.

A peltier plate doesn't just make heat disappear. It moves it to a heatsink that needs a fan to cool it.

Just a fan and heatsink can't get your CPU colder than room temperature; a peltier plate can which might sound like a good thing but if your CPU is colder than room temperature water vapor is going to condense on it.

because it's extremely inefficient

I did try it back in the socket 939 days actually, and let me tell you, you NEED watercooling for it to be even possible.

I used a 225w peltier element with a 8mm thick copper cold plate and a Swiftech apogee block I think it was.

I got idle temps on my overclocked Opteron 170 down to 5-10c and load was about 25-30c.

The cpu power draw was probably over 200w, and then the added 225w peltier + the gpu under gaming.. That is 5-600w total the water cooling alone had to remove.

I used 3x 2x120mm rads with loud fans, and it barely was enough.
The heat coming from the pc was fucking immense, way to much to handle in a small room.

Your pc basicly becomes a 700w heater under load, and probably 350w fucking idle.

My original plan was yo have it on both cpu and gpu, but that idea got canned once I tried it.
Not even remotely practical for use in a pc cooling system.

Was fun to try tho.

Putting one of these on a hdd would be a bad idea, harddrives are designed for a specific thermal range and running too cold is actually bad for them.

those CPU temps tho