>2017
>Gnome still does not have thumbnails in the file picker

Other urls found in this thread:

bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=141154&
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

its right there user

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as thumbnail, is in fact, image preview/shitty DE, or as I've recently taken to calling it, image preview plus shitty DE. Image preview is not a thumnail unto itself, but rather a demonstration that a fully functioning Shitty DE thumbnail system is possible, but Gnome devs are fucking lazy.

>tfw superior OS

KDE doesn't have this problem, stay mad GTKlets

>posting this thread without the relevant link
How do you fuck this up every time? bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=141154&

true but that's not the filepicker

>winfag tries to butt in
>doesn't even know difference between file picker and file manager

>Dutch girlfriend
>murrikans can't tell the difference between Dutch and Danish

wait, isn't the KDE guy on the right gay and in love with the left one?

>tfw KDE master race

>install furryfox with kde bits so that you'll have a working file picker
>crashes every second time you post something
welp
so much for shitposting on linux

Chromium does not have this problem.

chromium has the problem of being chromium

>crashes every second time you post something
I think you are making this up. I've been using the patched version of Firefox for years on multiple different computers and have never had that problem.

It's unacceptable and I'm baffled by the problem still persisting to this day. There are numerous solutions, but they refuse to merge one. Fucking faggots.

there's a patch for kde picker.

only i know true suffering - all my pictures are in the same folder, and since there's 50 000 of them i am forced to use shitty gnome filechooser, as every other filechooser and/or filemanager hangs and than hangs itself upon opening that monster of a folder. even windows explorer. i'm forever stuck with those tiny ass thumbs.

y u have 50k pics in a single folder you turbotard

GNOME got compromised by experimental UX charlatans and diversity/inclusion parasites, so it was inevitable there would be a massive cost to pay in product quality and cycle time. Hopefully the whole thing collapses soon.

Well no shit it hangs when it ahs to generate all the thumbnails. Generate the thumbnails ahead of time or better yet, stop storing so many images you maymay hoarding faggot. Seriously.
>2017
>He saves images from Sup Forums to his computer
costanza.jpg

do you expect me to tag and sort 50k of random photos, wallpapers, 2hus, anime shit, macros, memes, spacecraft and warhammer, you supreme autist?

Damn, I thought I was fucked with 30k. It can be sort of done, user.
That or we wait for image viewing bots to git gud so that it tags everything for you.

why you have them in a single folder in the first place
my god

>when it ahs to generate all the thumbnails
no. i have thumbs generated and on ssd, but everything except shitty gtk filepicker hangs anyway.
>stop storing so many images
there is 10 years worth of memories there, user. it's all i have.

because i have ocd and picking a folder from which i attach an image this time around was giving me a physical fucking pain. and i have to attach an image each time i post, because ocd.

you should not expect software to be designed specifically to cater to your mental illness

well gtk filechooser is designed specifically for that task. so it DOES have a purpose.

go on, file a bug at the gnome project saying it's slow when you use it wrong.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooool

well, it does

had to go back to the shitty vanilla version

my dude, you misunderstand. gnome filechoose is the fastest one. it opens that folder instantaneously. which is why i'm forced to use it.

nautilus, on the other hand, just dies halfway. as in it physically can't open that folder properly.

nautilus is part of the gnome project. asking it to thumbnail 50,000 images dumped by an idiot into a single directory is using it wrong.

go, file a bug. now.

god you're annoying, like a stupid dog that won't shut the fuck up even though it has no clue at all.

what's the matter? afraid of seeing your moronic complaint closed in 30 seconds, tagged WONTFIX and "user error"?

no, just offended by your autism.

GTK has nothing to do with gnome

>discussion is on filepicker
>shows file manager screenshot
windows users, ladies and gentlemen

>MFW Canonical makes one now that they're using Gnome again

kek

>there's people that actually believe this

And it won't be merged because gnome doesn't need no thumbnails, so they'll have to use a patched version.

isnt the point of opensource software that it can be implemented by anyone?
why didnt anybody just implement a thumbnail preview in gnome?
what is stopping us?

My OpenSUSE Leap with KDE does not have this problem.

You'd have to completely fork GTK and maintain it because GTK devs refuse to merge shit.

I see no problem there.
>Canonical forking GTK
>Canonical actually patching and improving GTK
>Official GTK becomes obsolete as everyone uses GTBuntu for their projects
>GTK devs get buttmad
>start literally throwing shit around like mad apes
>no one cares

As Ubuntu is moving to GNOME, maybe they will finally fix this embarrassment.