Which nation is better to live in: France, Germany, or Italy?

In which nation can you live a more fulfilling life, France, Germany, or Italy? I am primarily concerned with the culture, the quality of life, and the people. I am also concerned with how relaxed and laid back the country is.

Thank you for reading this.

Other urls found in this thread:

liveleak.com/view?i=9f8_1457527415
nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurktoilet
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where-to-be-born_Index
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1) Germany) France>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>...

>>>>>.>>>>>>...

...>>Z>Italy

just dont move to capital/big cities and you're fine everywhere. Go to rural villages for the ultimate cultural experience.

Morroco

I was thinking this as well. Of these three countries though, which one do you think would be best for this purpose?

Some small town in the Netherlands > Bretagne in France > Bavaria in Germany > Saxony in Germany > else.

France is a really beautiful country desu.

Thank you for that list. I am not good at handling stress, and I prefer places that are as relaxed as possible. With this in mind, do you have any specific advice for where to go and what to do?

>France is a really beautiful country desu.
Italy is better

depends on your job chances family, on your language skills and so on.
I think dutch people are the most relaxed, dutch is easy to learn, they all speak english and their country is top tier.
italy has nice tourist places, I'd prefer to live in northern europe tho.

Why? You're never going to live in any of those countries.

Thank you for the advice. I always thought though that Germany would be better for rural villages? The Netherlands is much more densely populated and urban, is it not?

Nature is non-existant in the Netherland, you have to know that. Cities are beautiful but that's it

>Bretagne in France

Bretagne is actually pretty crowded tb.h
Beautiful I don't deny it but it's not that rural

>Nature is non-existant in the Netherland
lolwut, no. Especially dam environment is unique and quite beautiful.

You can be top-rural in the Netherlands, while you're close to first world shopping centers. Thats the perk of living in the Netherlands (living in a small cunt)

France if you avoid the muslishit parts

>Bretagne is actually pretty crowded tb.h
I visited as a tourist and had to drive 20+ kilometers between towns + places of interest.

If you like mountains, stunning open scenaries and shit, the netherlands is not made for you

Are the people hospitable and friendly though?

It depends what you mean by rural honestly, if you mean agricultural areas then yeah, but fields are pretty boring after a while even if they qualify as rural

Switzerland

I didn't precise, I mean compared to other places in France. It's not China tier density for sure, but there are better places if you want to get away from people

Switzerland

That's not crowded

>culture
italy
>quality of live
germany
>people
france

>I am also concerned with how relaxed and laid back the country is
didnt see that bit, italy it is

I agree. But that's nothing I'd expect from the Netherlands?
Yes. They are. Top hosts, actually.
rural = few houses next to a highway. Bretagne has lots of that, but also cozy towns + villages.

I would just like to make it clear to you that you will always be foreigner, especially in rural areas, dont ever expect to be taken as ''one of them''

none, all are fucking shitholes of 1st world countries

tbf, Spain should be mentioned.
The cuisine alone is a reason to visit.

>Capital
Germany > Italy > France

>Large cities
Germany > France > Italy

>Towns
France > Germany > Italy

Italy is ok but if you plan to LIVE here prepare for no jobs, high taxes, painfully slow bureaucracy and poor infrastructures.

liveleak.com/view?i=9f8_1457527415
this is what the Netherlands is all about

Paris and Rome are a hundred time better than Dublin

And nothing of value was lost.

yours is the next one brother

>Dublin
literally pubs and nothing else: the city

You're asking this question to a bunch of autists who have never left their mother's basements, let alone travelled outside their country.

Go be butthurt somewhere else.

Dutchman, considering we have mentioned the Netherlands, what is your opinion on all of this?

God tier countries to live in:
Germany, Austria, Spain

Fine if you can adept to the culture:
Italy, The Netherlands

Ok:
UK, anything in Scandinavia

Poo poo pee pee:
France, Switzerland, anything in east Europe

Nice projection lad, but it's easy for continentals to drive through Europe

shhh Sup Forums is already sleeping, you can speak your mind now!

Shit list

t. list expert

Which of these countries is probably better if I am looking for a career in Academia? Employment will be an issue for me, so this is relevant for the discussion.

>Bretagne in France
T-thanks

Moroccans only kill each other.

My list is I'm not very fond of the attitude of the people in France. They aren't very friendly. And the food can be odd.
In Germany the people are friendlier and the food is always good. And i honestly think German villages look better.

Italy is a great country, but it's for a specific kind of people.

were those 3 hundred and something guys that'd been killed of moroccan decent?

Who?

>I'm not very fond of the attitude of the people in France. They aren't very friendly.

I had a discussion with an Hungarian yesterday who told me we were the friendliest in Europe, it's really random

I feel like most people that dislike French people have only been to Paris. I have never been to France though, so this is just speculation.

stop pretending that you don't have a clue who I'm talking about

I've been to France a lot. And I never found the experience very pleasant. It's always something.

France is also the only western country where they have holes in the ground as public toilets.

I don't have a clue what you're talking about.

now you're officially libertized

My country isn't the one falling apart right now.

ignore sovjet slave states.

In that case he went to Chartres, so it wasn't Paris indeed
But even then, even if the cunts/km2 ratio is higher in Paris I know people who had excellent experiences in this city
On the other hand the Dutch are supposed to be friendly and people were very rude in Amsterdam, and most of the Dutch tourists where I live are greedy people who act like the place belong to them.
All of this to say I think it's pretty dumb to say "the people in this country are...", be it France or the Netherlands or New Zealand, there are several millions of them for fuck sake

just now i wasn't talking about your country particularly

>France is also the only western country where they have holes in the ground as public toilets.

Wrong, I saw this in Germany too
In Spain and Italy as well but you said "western" so...

You are definitely right about this. I guess a more suitable question then would be: are you satisfied with your life in France?

I've never seen it in Germany, Spain or Italy. In the Netherlands we also call them French toilets.

>Een Frans toilet of hurktoilet is een toilet waar men moet hurken in plaats van zitten. In het Nederlands wordt de naam "Frans toilet" het meest gebruikt omdat dit soort toilet het meest bekend is vanuit Frankrijk
nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurktoilet

Switzerland. No contest. Then Germany.

But if you want to move to a large city then it's:

Germany > France >>>>> Italy

Here's the only thing that really really matters in pic related.

They're called Turkish toilet around here

Incoming butthurt from inferior countries: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where-to-be-born_Index

>are you satisfied with your life in France?

Definitely yeah. I'm not blind to all the flaws, mostly our crap politics and their consequences such as the immigrants and such.
But otherwise I love pretty much eveything I can think of, our food, our nature, our architecture, the language, the huge differences from one region to another... And for those thinking "the economy is better in UK and Germany therefore it's shit" they should remember it's still better than most of the world
I'm from the Med coast by the way

Northern Italy >>>> everything.

Source: a southern italian

Nice, thank you for the insight.

If you read the methodology, it's even more retarded than the HDI. You can't combine "GDP per capita" and "political freedom" objectively in a number. Also
>Gender equality (measured by the share of seats in parliament held by women)

This
Source: another Southern Italian

We're descendants from pirates. Dutch people are very blunt and have no manners. It's considered honesty and openness here. Not all foreigners can cope with that. That's why I put them in the fine if you can adept tier.

>Fine if you can adept to the culture:
>Italy

What about Italian culture that's hard to adapt to in your opinion?

>The survey used ten quality of life factors along with forecasts of future GDP per capita to determine a nation's score

Amazingly objective criteria such as:
>Gender equality
>Quality of community life
>The state of political freedoms
>The quality of family life based primarily on divorce rates
>Life expectancy at birth (which is essentially related to diet and genes for lengevity)

How is Central Italy

The gender equality thing doesn't seem to matter much considering there is a Mudslime oil country in the top 20.

Switzerland looks comfty as fuck, but everyone tells me that they are xenophobic assholes. Even to other Europeans.

Could you please explain?

In Spain people are very laid back and friendly. It's like a rural area.

Italy is like the city version of Spain. Italians are quicker and louder. And expect the same from you.

Human generated tornadoes.

not bad actually. Umbria is the nicest and quietest place to live, Tuscany is, well, wonderful. And there's Rome, the greatest city of all

Who cares, hangout with the expats or show them the same bitter coldness back and they'll at least respect you.

Yeah.. you can't really say that considering the massive GDP per capita of that oil country.

In fact, given that it's so low with so much wealth per head I'd be willing to bet it matters a lot.

It's bullcrap.

>It's considered honesty and openness here. Not all foreigners can cope with that.

That may be true in your country, but the ones I see during summer can't be mistaken with "honest" and "open" people. I rent boats like pic related basically

>Always try to bargain prices
>Stay in the water longer than payed on purpose
>Try to sneak extra people
>Leave their trash afterwards
>Laugh at our English

I'm aware we mostly get rednecks, but still, no one cope with them

i agree with this post, i think italy is the best to ~visit~ though. actually living there was frustrating, and that was without worrying about employment.

>help me my hand is a helicopter!

it's the best place to live in Europe. Culture 10/10 quality of life 9/10, people 10/10. Relaxed and laid back it is, undoubtedly

>actually living there was frustrating

mind explaining?

fuck eurocucks, when are you to die off already?

Do you have to deal with the infrastructure and bureaucracy problems though, or is it better in those regards in the north?

Ticino is essentially an even better northern Italy.

Sounds familiar. Dutch people like to bend the rules.

well i lived in genoa, i think northern italy suffers from 'in between' syndrome. it is in between the relaxed vibes of places more south and the real efficiency of places further north. so like you are still having to deal with shit not being on time, awful driving, while at the same time people weren't as relaxed and laid back as places i went in spain, further south in italy and greece.

if i could do it over again i think i would have gone to SW france.

Not before I visit Ukraine

Kek I'll give you that
As for Amsterdam they weren't much better the people I was with couldn't speak English for shit and were high all the time so I understand the impatience of the locals

>Italians are quicker and louder. And expect the same from you.
Even in small cities? I'm "quick", I mean I walk fast and talk fast. I'm not loud though.

Would Italians think I'm weak and untrustworthy if I'm not loud?

I know exactly how you feel.
t. Padano

I see. Thanks for your insights. It's a bit the same in France between the north and the south as far as work ethic goes.

Fact that is unknown by 99.9% of the world's population: San Marino is richer than Switzerland. They're our little Monaco.

They weren't much better but* the people I was with
Forgot a word

>Who cares, hangout with the expats or show them the same bitter coldness back and they'll at least respect you.

If only. The thing is that this xenophobia is transferred to their laws. I read somewhere that it is almost impossible to naturalize as a Swiss citizen. In some cantons people literally VOTE to approve your citizenship. Which means that you basically have to go door to door introducing yourself and persuade them to vote for you.