/wt/ - Watch Thread

This thread is about the appreciation of watches, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to produce a fine mechanical watch.

>Required Viewing For Newbies:
youtube.com/watch?v=iViv7gLEueQ

>Strap Guide:
pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ArsjhvwRDRY
watchoutlet01.com
trevorwatch1.com
ts-watches.co
tb-688.com
hontwatch.ru
dsnwatches.com
silix-prime.co
nieuwsblad.be/cnt/g74jgb3p
youtu.be/FE8EOTX7HwU
youtu.be/v0hR9jagpSM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for no watch gf

WWYD?

there is only one correct answer

Christ, they're all ugly as shit

Alpine Seiko

Every watch there is fucking dogshit. Get a proper Swiss watch man.

Are we being raided?
What the fuck is going on?

Got an Omega Geneve. I want a beater.
Let me guess, Alpinist?

/wt/, where to buy used watches (Rolex/Omega -tier) besides ebay?

yahoo.jp auctions, chrono24, WUS ads, etc. Be sure to do your research on whatever ref in particular you're looking for first.

I guess the SKX009 then, or just go ahead and buy a G-Shock for heavy beating.

SKX with a Strapcode bracelet of your preference. I have mine on a super oyster.

>for heavy beating

>I want a beater.
G-Shock 5610.

Why TGV is so popular right now? He is just a shill who is conforming poorfags and letting them think that it's cool to collect literal $10 casio shitters and wear everything on a chink nato strap.

I'm trying to find a SKX015 instead of the 009 but can't find one! Sucks because I want the smaller size.

Just buy all 4 for like $2500. They're shitters.

I bet you're the guy buying replicas

>filthy rich psycho ex-gf gave me shit for not getting a PP at uni graduation
>tfw happy with my pile of shitters

Shitters, but if I have to pick one, the Pepsi. It doesnt pretend to be a sub, to have an integrated compass, or to be some wonky space-age chrono. It's just a diver, and that's a good thing.

I think the 015 is discontinued, you can still get the 013 but it's black not Pepsi.

He reviews watches popular at the moment. When you search for a review of a popular watch he'll be in the first few results, and this keeps perpetuating itself. The more viewed he becomes the higher his videos get on the search results.

Plus he already built up a fanbase of fellow euphoric redditors over the years.

FUCK. I want this.

Longines Conquest VHP. Quartz movement with high precision +-5s/year. Shock and magnetic field protection. Special crown adjustment. Perpetual calendar. End of battery life indicator where the second hand skips 5s. 5 year battery life. 6 month grace period to replace the battery at EOL.

>Special crown adjustment.
What is that?

What's with all the swiss brand snobs that have invaded /wt/ lately?

youtube.com/watch?v=ArsjhvwRDRY

>If you don't replace the battery in 6 months it needs servicing by Longines

The fuck???

Those who've bought into the internet Seiko meme, are now starting slowly to realise that they are wearing dogshit.

I will give Swatch credit where it is due and say they put actual effort into one of their new models for once.

You can't set the date afaik. But it's perpetual anyway. The downside is that you can't let it run out of battery.

Battery lasts five years, however, and it goes to power-saving mode once the battery reaches a critical point which lets you know you have to replace the battery in six months.

And not surprisingly, very few OC pictures of actual luxury watches to go with those "snob" posts

Unfortunately there has been an influx of shitposters to /wt/ recently who have nothing better to do than shit up these threads. They don't post wrist pics because they don't actually have any nice watches.

Ironically, the posters who actually own high-quality Swiss watches don't shit on Seiko.

That's because lawyerfag hasn't been here recently. He always had some OC of actual luxury watches.
He'll come back, I hope. :^)

Which is most aesthetically pleasing? Considering fully lumed because it's the best aesthetically, but don't like full lume.

>Ironically, the posters who actually own high-quality Swiss watches don't shit on Seiko.
except arch

Is traditional watchmaking over-rated? Their movements are less complicated than a lot of the companies because the makers don't even know CAD.

>in the meantime

I wouldn't come back if I were him. You're being fucking weird about it

Like Smith and Dufour?
There's more to a watch than complications. Otherwise, VC would be the best watchmaker.

Maybe you ARE him!

>once you get these expensive watches together you finally realize you've been collecting vastly overpriced garbage

Would it be possible to get a Rolex for under $600?

Like vintage, missing the bracelet etc

$1500 maybe.

He was refering to the shitty charts, ypu filthy lier.

>Like Smith and Dufour?

Yes. Let's not kid ourselves that a large part of their cost is the exclusivity and largely immaterially perceived value of a handmade piece by a regarded master.

>lier
Pajeet?

That doesn't show what he's replying to and anyone can type a name in the name box

Someone recently bought a new model Air-King for $600.

Wouldn't not having the bracelet cut down the worth of a rolex considerably?

Yes, definitely. Since they're so exclusive, they can price their work however the fuck they want. There's no real value there.
I'm not a fan of either of them, but some of those high-end independants make truly amazing watches. Since I'm only ever going to read about them, the ridiculous prices don't bother me.

Shitters.

Dohohohohoho

He's back fuckers! Thank god

Dufour has actually learned CAD recently.

Imagine if /o/ just talked about Ferraris all day

>Omega written in pen

totally legit guys

>obviously fake lawyeranon is obviously fake

They do.

Also:
>comparing a jewelry segment (mechanical watches) to transportation
>comparing a regular topic to a whole board

Can a butterfly clasp possibly fail?

I was thinking of getting one to protect the leather on a strap I have, but am I just adding something that could potentially fail and send the watch tumbling off my wrist?

I blame the arch meme.

Are Junkers watches good lads? I want to buy the J1 Limited Edition.

Don't buy from non-trusted rep sellers.

Trusted sellers have been selling for years on replica watch forum and have excellent reputations.

Trusted Rep Dealers:
PureTime (Angus) - www.puretime03.com
InTime (Ryan) - www.intime01.co
Watch Outlet (Francis/Edward) - watchoutlet01.com
Chazing Time (Ken/Jay) - www.chazingtime.co
True Time (Lucy) - www.truetime-168.com
Precious Time - www.ptswiss.eu
Trevor Watches (Trevor) - trevorwatch1.com
TS Watches (Christina/Miffy) - ts-watches.co
Toro Bravos (Toro) - tb-688.com
Supermirrors (Sead) - www.supermirror1.com
Hont Watches (Hont) - hontwatch.ru
Yuki Watch (Yuki) - www.yukiwatch.com
Asian7750 (Tony) - www.2016asian.com
Davidsen (David) - dsnwatches.com
Silix (Michelle) - silix-prime.co

reported. Enjoy your ban :)

fuck off

Are there any speedmaster reps with the proper dial spacing?

I bet the fake guy just shills here to try and bait people into actually buying a fake

it'll be fine

>Ironically, the posters who actually own high-quality Swiss watches don't shit on Seiko.

:^)

What did he intend to signify with this display?

Your watch is held on by two tiny little bars.

Just make sure your strap can actually acomodate the deployant clasp -proper name btw- as some may not.

fakes are for faggots

Reminder that producing fakes is literally comitting a crime.
Reminder to report illegal content and shilling.

>heavy beating
Bondage and SM watch?

Fully lumed is spiffy. I just wish you could get red lume.

It is all well and good to check green lume at night but not so good when you want to sleep, best to avoid the blue end of the spectrum.

Blue face, amber hour markers and yellow hands would be best.

Smith and Daniels before him make very elegant designs. Most brands have a lot to learn from them.

Ah yes, enjoy your rep

>reps
You mean fakes?
This post is literally illegal btw. Keep reporting it.

Damn, arrest me for buying a rep.

I'm sorry, officer. I didn't know it was a rep.

A reminder that wearing fake watches is actually illegal in some countries and people have been prosecuted for fake Rolexs.

nieuwsblad.be/cnt/g74jgb3p

You're going to get arrested for being a commie sympathizer

Wow, what a shithole Europe is

Dumbass
My dad picked up a 50s datejust for 500nzd which is 300usd. But that's not normal
Wrong. The real lawyerfag gives compliments to nearly every watch

Post your fake spring drives

Dufour has been using cad ever since he's been selling simplicities senpai.
Actually for as far as i know he uses CNC for plates and bridges.

Kek

>lumed straps

has science gone too far?

>Panerai
I'm not even remotely surprised.

Reminder that there is NOTHING wrong with buying quality replicas.

You know it's a shame Panerai are cheapo CNC shitters pricing themselves like fucking Rolex or JLC because sometimes I kind of like their designs.

See Exactly the occasion buying replicas was built for.

>CNC

what?

>replicas
You mean fake watches?

Lumed straps when they forget to lume crown and bezel and date window is stupidity on an entirely new level.

Watch this video on how Panerai's are made: youtu.be/FE8EOTX7HwU

And then watch this video on how Grand Seiko's are made: youtu.be/v0hR9jagpSM

And then compare their retail prices.

replicas are fakes and fakes are for faggots
fuck off

Why is it so fucking hard to get a diver under 42mm these days? Is the Black Bay my only hope?