Sup Forums, I come to you this day in ask of a favor

Sup Forums, I come to you this day in ask of a favor.

Y'see, I'm not really tech-savvy at all. I don't use my computer a whole lot and I barely use my phone for anything aside from calling others. But I got a tech problem and I need a solution.

The problem is that my roommate spends every night playing LoL till 2 in the morning every god damn night. It's reached a point where its starting to seriously affect my life and I'm sick of his shit

I need a way to disable his computer without him knowing it was me. I've already tried pouring water on his mouse and the little usb connector to his mouse which worked for a short time until it turned out my roommate's also a god damn computer whiz so he was able to undo all the damage in 20 minutes. I don't care how it's done, I don't care how badly it will fuck up his computer, I just want it to seem like an accident and in no way related to me
>Pic unrelated

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/12/usb-killer-fries-devices/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why don't you talk to him about it rather than this passive aggressive bitch shit

Buy a router
Throttle his bandwidth until his ping is 9999+

Open his computer case up, turn on the pc and gently run the screwdriver around the motherboard and back of the gpu (DONT SCRATCH ANYTHING, I SAID GENTLY YOU FUCKING BUTTERFINGER)

Sit down with him and tell him that loud video gaming past a particular hour is disrupting your peace and sleep. Then wear headphones/earplugs if you need to rest earlier than that particular hour.

Because I have tried talking to him. Multiple times. And he doesn't do shit to change it. I've had to live with this fucker for the last year and I'm sick of his shit

read this

>I've already tried pouring water on his mouse and the little usb connector to his mouse which worked for a short time

Your roomate already knows your destroyed his shit and given you a pass. You are just asking for an attack when you are sleeping. Or maybe he hasn't, enjoy the fact that you are now a target when you are sleeping. I hope that doesn't keep you up at night.

It doesn't. And trust me, he hasn't put two and two together. Mostly because I did it at a time when he thought I was asleep. It also helps his desk is cluttered with trash so he ended up thinking a drink spilled rather than it being tampered with. I know this because he proceeded to tell his LoL friends this about 30 minutes after he figured out the problem

Stop being a fucking faggot and move out then.

>video gaming manchild
>capable of murder

>I'm not really tech-savvy at all.
Here are some non technical solutions for you.

Talk to him. Say this bothers you and you want to sleep.

Move.

Get him to move.

But I am sure breaking his shit is going to be a good solution.
I mean as long as he only suspect it is you.

have you considered being a decent human being and finding someone else to live with?
you worthless sack of shit. kill your worthless self

>implying he isn't going to just buy another computer or fix it immediately afterwards anyways
he's going to poison you too, prepare your anus faggot.

>Talk to him
Already done that, didn't work
>Move
I live in a dorm. And the way our school is set up, you can only exchange roommates at a certain point of the beginning of both semesters. Trust me, if I knew what was going to happen then I'd move out a long time ago

Can't you report him to your school? Tell them he's messing with your grades.

Go to your RA.

There are rules for this. Stop being a pussy and vandalizing his shit.

Shove his mouse up your ass and poop it out.

RA pretty much doesn't exist/doesn't do shit. Some other people in our hall had similar problems and he did jack shit to help them

Then go to your housing department.

Seriously just escalate until someone handles it, there are rules for this but you probably fucked yourself by fucking with his shit.

Why don't you live alone you poorfag

This. Keep escalating and complaining until something gets done. When he's being loud and making noise, do you just lay there and do nothing? How about you tell him to shut the fuck up and stop making noise because you need to sleep? Don't give up until he stops.

Holy shit OP you are such a fucking child. This roommate has no respect for you and you are just taking it lying down like a bitch.

last time you posted this wasn't it your little brother and you lived with your parents?

this.

learn to be a fucking adult. this is the kind of thing you will have to do for the rest of your life.

so unless you plan to cry in your cheerios and fail to sabotage every person/situation you come in contact with for the rest of your life, you should handle it like a normal adult.

take it to the proper authority. if that doesnt work, go up the chain. easy.

your roommate might be a total fuckhead and sure he is negatively impacting your life... but that doesnt mean ruining his material possessions is fair. and to be honest, hes just gonna replace 'em and youll be in the same boat.

quit being a baby and make the proper complaints. whether to his face (which you continue to do until something happens), or to the authorities that have power to assist.

youre the scumbag in this scenario at the moment.

this makes a lot of sense.

though the responses are still valid.

i can only condone ruining his shit in this situation if both he and the parents are all unwilling to do anything about it. cause at that point there is no one high up the chain to complain to.

@OP if this is the case then sure, fuck his shit up. the screwdriver trick should work. you can also just take the CMOS battery out of the mobo. or take a strong magnet to the HDD (if its a traditional HDD).

if you want to be super craft you can set up routes either in his OS or in your router/AP that block connections to lobbies for LoL, effectively barring him from playing the game. or you could set up QoS rules to throttle his connection so that he can play but it lags real bad, so he ends up stopping.

etc, etc. - do your own homework if its your brother. also, dont be a bitch; just tell him to stop. and if he doesnt, keep telling him til he does. if you arent willing to do this then you are basically saying you are OK with what he is doing. so which is it?

OP getting BTFO thinking he'll come to Sup Forums for some 1337 hax and instead gets told to grow the fuck up.

>Sup Forums - Life Advice

What does this do anyway?

shorts connections on the mobo. potential to fry it and/or components connected to it.

likely to just toast it enough that it doesnt POST. will appear dead but without any obvious cause.

>literally sharing a room with some fuckwit
I will never understand americans.
how shit do your universities have to be if you don't even have private dorm rooms with just shared kitchen and bathrooms?

arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016/12/usb-killer-fries-devices/

>be a piece of shit who is too big a piece of shit to live on his own
>has to ruin someones elses shit because of the fact that he's a worthless piece of shit with anger issues
literally no way do these scenarios justify breaking his shit.

he deserves the brutal life threatening poisoning that'll occur if he does something

EMP

How does him playing LoL bothers you exactly?

if he's on teamspeak during sleep time and unwilling to change then just complain to authorities and he or you will get moved out.

Don't be a faggot and don't break his shit. Even if you do manage to break it, he will just get new part or other cheap pc(LoL runs on toasters). All it'll do just annoy and inconvenience him for a while. He will not quit LoL, not by force anyway - just accept it and look for other solutions.

Have you tried doing him a physical mischief like some JACK THE LAD with FISTS? I think that might be your best option.

>get screwdriver
>stab computer with screwdriver
>make roommate wake up with screwdriver in his hand
>leave a note on his desk saying 'i'm so mad from playing LoL that I could just stab my computer and go to sleep'

Jeeze OP this is so simple, do we have to do everything for you?