Ultrawide

Samsung has announced ultrawide 1800R 49" monitors. I am cautiously excited. They will have IPS panels, but I couldnt find anything about the refresh rate. If they offer 120Hz+ I will likely buy one.

Unless of course, its just a meme

>They will have IPS panels, but I couldnt find anything about the refresh rate. If they offer 120Hz+ I will likely buy one.

They actually probably aren't IPS panels considering the static contrast ratio they're quoting is 5000:1 which is a bit more than 3-4x what even the best IPS panels currently offer.

They're almost 100% VA panels, not IPS panels.

Also, both the 49" 3840x1080 and the 44" 3840x1200 will be available in 60hz or 144hz options.

Most likely with Gsync and Freesync options.

>Bezels
DELET REEEEEEEE

it must be nice being rich

>3840x1080
>3840x1200

For what purpose???
Sounds disgusting low res for all the high quality work that can be done on them

There are some 3840x1600 panels planned.
Currently having two 3440x1440, wouldn't settle for anything less height-wise.

How much will they cost?

The resolution fucking sucks. So does the aspect ratio. 21:9 is at least great at any res of 3440x1440 or above.

That Samsung has a res of 3840x1080 though. It blows balls. The lack of vertical is a crime on a monitor that large.

want to start a company that deletes bezels?

I would consider them if they were 1440*5120. Right now this seems crap.

bump for this

It's fucking retarded.

>launch program that only supports 4:3 resolutions
>pic related happens

Don't wide screens like these have some sort of integrated window manager?

Like those programs that let you use the screen as if it was 2 or 3 separate ones.

Windows without a gpu driver would look like this

I've used quite a few normal widescreens and almost none had an aspect ratio setting
No idea if they added one now into the ultrameme ones, but it's probably still luck if you get one or not

>bentshit

why do normies ruin everything?

It's bent so it's innovative, expensive and high tech!

No, it's bent so you can look straight at it even when you have to turn your head 270 degrees to see the edge of the meme

>still no 360° monitors

so fucking gay

just give me a fucking ultrasharp 4k IPS with at LEAST 120 hz and I will buy 2 of them right now

That's called Virtual Reality and is an even bigger meme

VA>IPS

when will these contrastlets learn?

2560x1080 here, its...just okay.

I'm in the same meme resolution. I like it, though. I can manually tile all my windows to the perfect size and have plenty of room.

Also the virtual desktop switcher on Wincuck 10 is pretty nice.

I like the idea of ultra wide, but 29" seems too small, but 34" is pretty expensive.

C'mon 21:10 Ultrawides....