Ubuntu kills Unity

>Ubuntu kills Unity
Welcome to the year of the Gnome desktop

Other urls found in this thread:

w3techs.com/blog/entry/ubuntu_became_the_most_popular_linux_distribution_for_web_servers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>using a desktop enviroment
>2017

>Gnome

>ubuntu realizes their os is only popular as a server and decides to stop wasting time on desktop
>year of the linux desktop

Implying anyone uses Ubuntu as a server

Linux is shit. Windows and macOS are the only choice.

laughing-girls.jpg

OS X is at least somewhat passable once stop caring about the million and one WM and bluetooth stack bugs. Windows is unforgiveable though.

w3techs.com/blog/entry/ubuntu_became_the_most_popular_linux_distribution_for_web_servers

>Welcome BACK to the year of the Gnome desktop
FTFY

>>>/discord/

Are you dumb?

I've come to the conclusion that there's no such thing as a good bluetooth stack. Every single device on every single system I've tried fucks up in some way or another.

welcome to the year of the ubuntu-drop

There is literally nothing wrong with gnome 3.x

cinnamon is best

>Welcome to the year of the Gnome desktop
Canonical are ready to destroy Gnome it seems.
There are a few things wrong, user, let's get serious.
They are not the only choice, but you keep telling yourself that when you are sucking your thumb before you fall asleep.

Stock gnome is UX cancer. I just don't use GNOME because I like Unity's UX more than GNOME and my computer has way more than enough resources to run Unity. Also I couldn't get enough comfortable even with the dash to dock and extensions alike.

Chill fags, unity is still going to be developed, just not centralized development!

let's think about this for a second
maybe this move will finally put an end to Gnome stupid stuff, and they fix gnome shell for good

ie: task bar
ie: good bye tablet gestures
ie: maximize screen state

Desktop Linux is finally dead, feelsgoodman

is there a preview of what ubuntu PLUS gnome will look like?

i know there's a gnome edition already like the other DE versions but i figured (hoped?) they'd adjust/theme it a little, as they used to

please respond

this change is going to be effective on 18.04, so I am sure they will put up a decente gnome-shell theme and probably a taskbar plugin

I use i3.

>task bar
fucking useless, but it already ships with an extension to enable one

>no gestures
Why? OS X and Winodws have gestures, is Linux not allowed to compete with them? We have a hundred other desktops to choose from, why can't we have ONE desktop that supports gestures?

>maximize screen state
what does this even mean????

Go away shill.

Gnome is fucking ugly. Why don't they just stick with unity 7?

Good, Unity a shit

>2017
>the year desktop GNU/Linux was kill
T-thanks Canonical.