Macs can't even lock without putting the computer to sleep or cancelling all downloads...

Macs can't even lock without putting the computer to sleep or cancelling all downloads.. how in the fuck are macs so popular when one of the most common function, if not the most important function for most users is nonexistent???

>1% marketshare
>popular

Cause people with real jobs don't use Mac, it's a faggot OS made by a guy who literally died from AIDS and then was replaced by another literal faggot.

www.macupdate.com/app/mac/37991/nosleep
there, need any more spoon-feeding?

>close button doesn't close

>closing a box closes a program
>closing others keeps them in the tray

Windows is a clusterfuck. You'll never know what its like to have things run invisibly in the background with no GUI.

>needing to install third party shit to get basic functions windows and linux have had for decades

I thought macshit was supposed to be intuitive and just "work" out of the box.

Lock without sleep: Control + Shift + Power / Eject

Lock and sleep: Command + Option / Alt + Power / Eject

You're welcome.

There's a way around this without needing to install anything. You can create a shortcut to start a screensaver, which will also lock the system as long as you have it set that way. I use this every day and it works fine.

This is what I have in my guide:
Launch Automator
Choose to create a new “Service”
Use the search box to find “Start Screen Saver” and drag that into the right side panel
Change “Service Receives” to “no input”
Go to the File menu and choose “Save” naming it “Start Screen Saver”

Launch System Preferences
Choose the “Keyboard” preference panel then go to the “Shortcuts” tab
Select “Services” from the left side menu
Locate the newly created “Start Screen Saver” service you made
Click on the ‘add shortcut’ button to set your keyboard shortcut to use

>Cause people with real jobs don't use Mac
?????????

>pressing 5 buttons

>>the mac way
>just do all this bullshit

>>the window/linux way
>close lid, everything just works

Three, you idiot. The slashes indicate alternative names or functions of that button.

because macs are for people who dont actually give a shit about a functional computer. they want the looks and brand image

1 too many

Much like your chromosomes.

I've dealt with far, far worse and more time consuming bullshit with both Windows and GNU+Linux than I ever have with OS X.

Don't get me wrong, I disagree with how Apple handles display sleep and forces system sleep with lid close, etc. but it's a minor issue compared to the horrors that are Windows and GNU+Linux.

>right click application on the dock
>quit
Macs allocate memory differently and for a good reason, OSX/macOS doesn't waste resources. That's how OSX and macOS work, it's been like this for fucking forever. If you don't like it there's a software that forces programs to quit like on windows.

Oh yeah it's not like on windows you don't have to download 3rd party software at all... Want to do basic stuff like automated tasks on windows? DOWNLOAD AHK or write a batch file want to do it on a Mac? use automator that comes with the OS, want to program? Xcode is faster and more reliable than VS (even if VS has a shit ton of features it's still slow) want to have a decent email client? Macs have that built in and many more cool shit.
Fyi I use GNU/Linux ;)
Yeah everything just works like Wine on Igpus, nautilus within huge folders and Win10's updates :^)

Actually it seems like Ctrl+Shift+Eject/Power works fine without any bullshit necessary.

I remember now that the reason I use the screensaver thing is so that when I'm connected to my external display, I can lock the system without the display turning off. It's CCFL-backlit so I prefer to keep it on rather than having the backlight need to warm up every time I leave and come back.

Extra Protip:

Go to Keychain Access, and in the Preferences panel you can enable a status menu where you can easily lock the screen without having to memorize a keyboard shortcut.

>Macs can't even lock without putting the computer to sleep or cancelling all downloads..
This isn't true at all. I use a mac at work and I regularly lock the screen while running scripts over an ssh connection. If the laptop went to sleep, the ssh connection would drop and the script would stop running.There are plenty of things OSX does which are legitimately stupid. There is no reason to resort to lies.

Holy shit, boy got SPANKED.

>Macs can't even lock without putting the computer to sleep or cancelling all downloads..
Of course they can you stupid faggot.

What does having keychain locked or unlocked do?

X...D!!! POL HAHA DRUMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPF XDD sjws
Kys

>keychain
>not padlock

That's what it says.

The close window button closes windows as intended. I don't see why you expect it to copy Windows, Apple's operating systems have been doing it this way since before Windows was a thing.

>>>/reddit/

This gets smaller every time I hear it

Holy fuck rekt