When will Sup Forums get support for hashtags?

When will Sup Forums get support for hashtags?
It would improve this site so much, like we could actually become a respected forum.

Wouldn't it be great to just grab the posts we want out of the big sea of posts so easily.

TELL THE ADMINS TO START SUPPORTING #HASHTASH

Other urls found in this thread:

hashtagify.me/hashtag/nigger
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Sup Forums
>respected forum
fuck off normie

KYS faggot. We don't want the respect of the globalist normies. GET OUT.

>forum

Never will happen.
No one in their right mind gives enough fucks about this site to ever improve it.

Why the fuck would you have hashtags anywhere? It's absolute cancer.

See if we had hashtags you could have said "It's absolute #cancer." and then your post and all other #cancer posts would be easily searchable through the hashtag system.

#Kys

there is nothing wrong with hashtags in theory, it's just associated with twitter culture nowadays.

being able to filter comments based on hashtags instead of thread OPs would be very useful, but you can imagine how quickly it would devolve into some version of #twitterculture

Honestly double tapping to like posts would be a great addition as well. More social media features would be greatly welcomed as long as everything could stay anonymous and there was no upvote downvote system.

Go die in a fire together with your whore mom and gay dad.

unlike

no this is a terrible idea for Sup Forums.

people would abuse the fuck out of it, rendering it useless.

No, that would be shit. Any feature that stroke's the user's ego gets people to just post stuff they know will get likes, equalling shitty posts. Any kind of discussion will favour whichever side of the argument is getting the most likes, and nobody likes being a minority, so nobody with an unpopular opinion is going to post. The place becomes a normie-hole, where people post for recognition, just like people do on facebook, twitter, and all other social media. Chans are basically the only medium free from this cancer.

unlike

I don't get it, isn't the OP the most important thing if you wanna look for a particular topic?

>to like posts
>anonymous and there was no upvote downvote system.
huh? to what purpose then? you just want to archive posts you liked? add that funcionality to 4chanX or just set a hotkey to a clipboard manager, python or autohotkey script to save the selected text as a new entry in an board.ini file on crontol+shift+C, that way its offline archived.

>the OP the most important thing
yes, and dont you see the picture, title and first 20 words directly in the catalog? that should be enough

it just takes a couple minutes to shift+click any clickbait threads with female as pic, and any amd-x-intel mac-x-windows android-x-aple

then you can browse the 30 threads left taking your time to read the op and see if interests you.

few filter rules to hide all general and daily threads

This x 10000

Sadly not only Twitter, its associated also with cancer normie telegram and instagram nowadays

Yeah, having 4chagram would be gr8

You all got baited

What year is this? Hashtags have been dead for ages.

EMOJI SUPPORT WHEN

... and the only thing bad with Sup Forums is the absolute dominance of spam, from one-line replies, to wife posting, and other types of contentless posts.

but subjects cant be well organized with tags, and if the very specific subjects you seek Can be represented by a single tag, then you just search that word on the fucking search

Get the fuck out of here!

>people would abuse the fuck out of it
How would they?

Just make your own full text search, post search engine plugin.

Imagine #shitpost
Imagine the possibilities

It's redundant to include #nigger in every post.

Omg OP this is so cool, Sup Forums would be comfy af with emojis and hashtags, must def add them

Low quality b8

Nobody could be arsed to set hashtags for every single post they make.

Yes, not having a way to control content sucks. But if we had something that allowed us to highlight content that we consider good while hiding stuff we consider bad, we would just become another reddit: a huge circlejerk of unfunny inside jokes.
The only fair way to policy content is to give that power to the community, but the community would promote what it thinks it's funny rather than good discussions.
Shitposts are an integral part of imageboards, the problem with Sup Forums is that the community can't be too big because then we lose cohesiveness and the boards just become a huge shitfest of opinion wars.

>Taiwanese hieroglyphics sharing forum

hashtagify.me/hashtag/nigger

There you go, OP

>#ShitThread
>#sage
>#DELET

Pro tip: you can deactivate hiding posts with low score on reddit

#shit #like #this #all #the #time

#this

I don't even know if you're willingly answering for laugh or that newfags fell for it

:laugh:

Fuck your hashtag shit

Technically, it is.

But that's besides the point, which is that hashtags are a representation of everything that's wrong with culture nowadays, both on and offline. Fuck whoever came up with that shit for social media usage, and I hope they suffer a slow, painful death.

>Shitposts are an integral part of imageboards
yes but
>huge shitfest of opinion wars.
you can call that "shitpost", but certainly not spam, the real problem is spam, you can just avoid or endure the flamewars that occur in certain types of threads, but what really bothers is the pure spam of threads being create each minute with a pepe or lingerie model, and a single phrase of no content or someone asking why their IOT rubber penis is imcompatible with their anus... and an interesting thread is created and dies in 30min in the evening because no one had a chance to see it...

even a smaller board like /vr/ is beggining to see this issue, there must be too many letsplayer youtubers advertising Sup Forums to teenage boys, random shitposting on the internet is this generation equivalent passtime of ringing all door bells in neighborhood...
>power to the community, ...
>would promote what it thinks it's funny rather than good discussions.
but then youre talking about rating, sure thats shit, but

But posts are supposed to be ephemeral.

Yeah, that's why we've got real-time archiving and numerous backups. You know, to keep it ephemeral, relatively speaking.

It doesn't already?

Instead of adding shittags, we should make use of the pound sign by adding preprocessor macros. So you could #define a word, and any instances of it in the thread after the post get replaced.

downvote

>power to the community, ...
>would promote what it thinks it's funny rather than good discussions.
but then youre talking about rating, sure thats shit, but with a community of janitors and an open admin log, you can just control spam, perhaps one-click spam reporting per post to help kill it quickly to temporarily stop bots, and discourage autists could help too..
it would still a bump-based thread list, and still a chronological post listing, no rating, just crowd reporting of spam... with actions executed by a minority with actions logs to ensure janitors dont exercize personal preference so that law can rule unambiguously and indiferent to a possible influx of users with different values.

>instances of it in the thread after the post get replaced

#interjectpasta("shitpost","gnu/shitpost")
#gorillawarfare
#senpai (F.A.M.)

FO RL THO DEEZ #BICHES GN GIT #FUCKEDUP WHN WI GET DEM MUTHERFUCKING RACIST ASSES IN THE HOOD #BAKA #NOCALM #REALSHIT

DUM MOTHAFUCKAS CENSORIN MY #FREESPEECH WIT THIS #BAKA SHIT #BAKA I DIDNT SAY NO #BAKA I TALKIN SHACKIN MAH HEAD NIGGA

#DTF ANY NIGGA WANAGET UP IN HERE #BAKA ^))))))

Holy shit I was high as fuck when I made this thread. Sorry boys.

>hurrr le epic hashtag troll maymay