Can we have a GPD Win shill thread?

Can we have a GPD Win shill thread?

I always love the shitposting and tech illiterate comments who don't know anything about low power computing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_uAkfJa02FU
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GPD_Win
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Best buy right now?

why the fuck not

dunno

post gpd winshit

No way this is real

youtube.com/watch?v=_uAkfJa02FU

bumping for interest

Bump bump

beep beep motherfuckers

this looks fucking awful
who would subject themselves to zelda/mario at 1/2 the intended fps

>arm
>600 bucks for the cheapest model
>bulky and shit quality
I didn't know you can go worse than the GPD Win

SM3DW runs at 48 fps tho

>emulator that's work in progress
>runs shit on a weak device
I wouldn't be surprised if weaker games like Mario will even run full speed after a few updates

it's the Wii U emulator, it's unplayable

Where do you buy one?

Is Linux usable on it yet?

Soon bro

No and I hope it never will be. But I know they will release Linux drivers soon and freetards will start running Linux on it. Disgusting.

Is that the crap Linus reviewed? Gamer garbage.

kind of want for shits and gigs. just wish i could run win 7 on it because i absofuckinglutely dispise win 10

why? both are shit

>spending 300 bucks on a small computer barely faster then a 7 year old macbook with a batttery life only around 6 hours
Why should I not just buy a $100 ThinkPad?

no clue, maybe because it fits in your pocket? or that people like that it has a built in gamepad? crazy uh?

I was considering buying one to put Loonucks on. What are they like performance wise?

like the ThinkPad faggot just said, slightly faster than a 7 year old macbook is a pretty good estimation
but you can't put Loonix on it yet I think, they will release drivers after they release their Loonix UMPC

Fair enough. As far as Linux goes I was looking at an article on the Arch wiki with a shitload of tweaks and fixes for driver issues and the display being rotated incorrectly.

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GPD_Win

No clue how the real world performance would be.
I think with the option to dual boot it would be cool though.

What's that addon?

I think it's for tablets

Yeah, I figure it's for smartphones and such, but can't make out the details.

It says it right there on the picture, iPega

I know this won't happen soon and Intel discontinued the Atom processors, but would really love to see a successor to this. Feel like a bump in ram (8GB) and the iGPU would benefit this greatly.

Playing dolphin in 720p, 7th gen games, and newer games on low settings without any hiccups on a handheld would be amazing. Essentially the reason why I got the Switch.

They didn't really discontinue them, they've just renamed them to Celeron N and Pentium N, cause tech illiterates had memories of these atom processors that had to run cut down Windows to even be barely usable

Except you cant do shit on the Switch
Also iGPU? No way, even the Switch and AMD low power APUs have the GPU on die.

>Playing dolphin in 720p
You can't play Dolphin in 720p, it's either 528p or 1056p, hence a 720p or 1080p screen. So you already can play Dolphin in 720p on it without hiccups

Fucking normies, ruining a cool name

Not really, the new Pentium/Celeron N line have a 4W SDP/6W TDP versus the Atom line had 2W SDP/4W TDP, Atom was the lower power than Mobile line.

>Essentially the reason why I got the Switch.
call me when it's hacked

As a UMPC fanboy this makes my wang feel weird

Thats pretty darn impressive for something its size

You dont, its vaporware

It's not even my final form

kek

Yeah, Switch hacking would be pretty great. Instead of redeveloping apps for Switch OS, they can just make it load a ported Shield Android ROM and make it dual boot, since there's a fuckton of apps available on Android.

Yes. Look it up on YouTube.

>they can just make it load a ported Shield Android ROM
Yeah, I thought about it too and also vice versa maybe in the future

He asked if Linux is usable and not if Linus has used it yet

>aweapontosurpassmetalgear.png

Virtual box

Really? Is it worth it?

Don't know? Depends what he uses it for

>costs more
>less RAM, unless you want it to cost even more
>ARM CPU
>smaller screen
>circular d-pad
>smaller battery
>can't into Windows while WIN can do Linux

Beep beep indeed.

Stop fighting, we're a small enough niche without dividing ourselves.

The only thing they have common though is being useful for portable emulation. Else they have nothing in common, Pyra community is freetards mostly while the Win's want an actual useful product.

I'm a UMPC faggot, that shit isn't one tho

booo hooo

wut

Refresh with the new low power Ryzen APUs when?

>15W
>low power
>verus the 4W chip inside this
don't be stupid

So far i've resisted all shilling attempts, though I have to admit it does look like a cool gadget.

Only practical use though is to play 10 year old games on it, and I can do that on my pc anyway.

>So far i've resisted all shilling attempts
How gullible are you? I hope you also don't own any Nvidia or AMD GPUs or AMD or Intel CPUs, they get shilled all the time here.

Hows that iPad running windows? Is it just a slapshtop type thing?

>I can do that on my pc anyway.
really? no way!

I don't own a single thinkpad, so I think i'm doing well in the grand scheme of things at least.

Looks like it