I have an i7-6700k at 4.56 GHz while using a huge AF Noctua NH-D15. It's sitting idle at 40C...

I have an i7-6700k at 4.56 GHz while using a huge AF Noctua NH-D15. It's sitting idle at 40C. What the fuck did I do wrong?

Inatall gentoo

>4.56ghz

Nothing the TIM is worse than shit.

You fucked up
>I read it on reddit guis!

> i7-6700k
Delid it and see if anything changes.
BTW, your NH-D15 probably isn't running at 100% RPM right now.

>he bought a delid lake

>tfw r7 1700 at 3.9ghz
>tfw enjoying idle temps of 28c
>tfw enjoying 60c at max load
>tfw your cpu has half the cores and threads with a cooler more than twice as expensive as mine and still runs hotter

op, are you gay? because I can't think of anyone but fags that enjoy taking it up the ass

>worrying about temps

like wtf nigga, 40c idle doesnt sound that bad my fuckin stock i5 in the macbook pro does more than that on idle (not a thing to brag about but you get my point).

its not going to kill your processor, if and when youre selling it no one is going to ask you "oh how was its idle temps" it wont degrade your processor noticeably, it wont do anything. instead of shitposting go and delid and get a custom loop if temps matter that much. if not, D15 is a pretty good air cooler for what it is, shut up and use it

Well, that makes my 35C idling 5820K @1.35V not seem AS horrible.

do you enjoy silky smooth 20fps with those 4+4 cores?

it was definitely a step up from my i5 4670
got me 5-10 more fps in games at 4k which I thought were previously 100% gpu bottlenecked

aside from that
>games are a fuckton more smooth (mins are super high, i5 4670 stuttered and was generally not as smooth)
>video editing is not a pain in the ass anymore (playback is instant, seeking is instant, neither of which was the case on the i5)
>os is a lot more responsive (could be because I switched to win10 from win7 though, I dunno)

all for the price of an i7 7700k, which wouldn't get me this many benefits

oh and the best part? I can actually overclock without having to pay an arbitrary amount of money for the pleasure

so suck it

hey pajeet its me sandeep, lunch break is soon, wanna grab a curry?

epic, you can't deny that ryzen is an amazing cpu so all you can do is retort with an indian joke, despite the fact that the architecture was designed by jim keller

no amount of smug anime girl images will change this fact either, bitch

Ryzen is very lackluster in gaming.
Pic related
2600k kicking ryzens ass.

my nigga stupid op your temps are fine, what are they under LOAD is the real question here

also how long has the cooler been on, what kind of TIM application method did you use (hint; say "dot"), did you rtfm, etc...

bench the cunt then give info then you can get helped retard

>Non delidded i7 7700k @ 4.5ghz
>On cryorig r1
>56 under load on air
>26 idle

git gud

yeah, it's so fucking lackluster that when I switched to it from my i5 4670 I saw a FPS increase in games

wow! so lackluster! I should believe it because this chart says so! my personal experience with it doesn't matter!

suck my cock intel shill, I will always go after the best deal; 4 years ago it was the i5 4670, now it's ryzen

no amount of shilling will change my mind

When shills run out of juice they trot out a mess of a game that was developed in ex-Soviet bloc countries that's five years old.

Wow user, you switched back from your ryzen to the i5 4670 and saw a fps increase?

what shitzen

0/10

Use offset and C1E, keep turning down the offset until it fails under load or has whea errors at idle. Prob start at 50% llc.for 4.5, adittional turbo voltage in cpu perf. can help at the top end.
40c is nothing to worry about though

You didn't use enough thermal paste

Check airflow. Maybe you have a retarded setup that lets hot air get stuck inside

That made me cringe.

But yes, he needs more thermal past, and make sure he has enough clamping force on the chip.

Except an i5 would have been a cheaper buy whike performing Better than a 1700x.
Here's another
Ryzen is shit

>OP is happy with his purchase
>It's not an intel?
>LOL OP U FEGT

So, how come it's your great mission to make him unhappy, when he is/was happy? Are you that miserable in life desu?

zen has a harD time beating a 6yr old CPU.

Ryzen is mediocre

pentium g4560 is good enough u got memed

lmao. A single cherry picked benchmark that shows it winning by 1FPS with a 4.7ghz overclock.

And the moment someone sends you a message on discord or you get an email notification, the 2600k FPS skips frames.

The 2600k was an amazing CPU for the time. It's still good. But when you can get the same FPS at 45-65% CPU utilization instead of 100%, and without being a space heater, and it can be used for productivity, arguing against that just makes you look pretty retarded.

>zen has a harD time beating a 6yr old CPU.
A new $240 i5-7600k loses much worse.
So why are you only attacking Ryzen for not being quite as good as an older i7 in some cherry picked examples?