Ubuntu to help support the GNOME DE

Mark Shuttleworth on G+:
>We will invest in Ubuntu GNOME with the intent of delivering a fantastic all-GNOME desktop (self.linux)

>We will invest in Ubuntu GNOME with the intent of delivering a fantastic all-GNOME desktop. We're helping the Ubuntu GNOME team, not creating something different or competitive with that effort. While I am passionate about the design ideas in Unity, and hope GNOME may be more open to them now, I think we should respect the GNOME design leadership by delivering GNOME the way GNOME wants it delivered. Our role in that, as usual, will be to make sure that upgrades, integration, security, performance and the full experience are fantastic.

>He still uses Google+

lots of developers do.

They should also try invest in wayand and driver support , because that's clearly the only long-term option that's at least decent.

Fuck this shit, Gnome shell is flawed in so many ways compared to every other DE.
I really hoped Canonical would make a DE based on gnome and not the vanilla shitware (a la cinnamon)

Fucking Kike Shekelworth.

GNOME is the best DE and best OOTB desktop metaphore, hands down.

The only thing better is a 100% custom set up.

Linus Torvalds uses GNOME.

This is correct.

Even when using a tiling WM, GNOME programs integrate well and generally function and look nice in that environment.

Gnome with Wayland tears like a bitch, even when tiling a fucking file manager, A FUCKING FILE MANAGER. Fuck this Fisher Price DE. I would prefer Unity to this flaming piece of shit in every single day of the week. I hope the Unity8 fork succeds.

Running GNOME with wayland.

No tearing. i7 6500U with integrated graphics.

Running GNOME with wayland.

Constant tearing. 4th gen i5 with integrated graphics.

Upgrade, poorfag.

GNOME running with wayland

Core 2 Duo with intel GM45 graphics. No tearing.

Maybe... Clean that computer up?

Nice argument user. My i5 handled Unity buttery smooth. I expect improvement, not performance degredation, especially when this Fisher Price DE requires constant maintainance and fuckload of third party extensions to be somewhat decent.
Its a clean install, a week old.

I don't need to defend GNOME, cause you're gonna be forced to use it either way. JUST

SOLUS
O
L
U
S

I'll become a macfag before becoming gnomefag. Fuck systemdicks, fuck gnome, fuck linux community. Fuck this gay Earth.

Gnome team go fuck yourselves canonical it's our way or the highway !

>meme OS
Double JUST

I won't mind gnome as long as canonical can figure out a way to rice it to make it as close to unity as possible. Mainly copying unity's global menu implementation/thin window decorations/flat dock.

nvidia and amd doesn't care about wayland

macOS has a dock for default so it NEVER can become as meme as GNOME. Also, fuck your 'JUST' autism.

OK buddy enjoy your sodomite med-resistant AIDS LEL

Catching AIDS versus mutilating your dick into a (((vagina))). Gee hard choice.

lol whatever you say sodomite
IGNORE
SODOMITE
ORDERS

Tearing is not possible under wayland because of the way it's programmed. It's impossible for the framebuffer to ever become out of sync because it uses promises.

It seems you project a lot. I recommend killing yourself.

If anything this fiasco has reminded me how linux has an odd habit of coming up with cool stuff but eventually gravitating towards complete shit as the norm.

>implying you're not a paid Microsoft shill anyway

shill

This guy is obviously a shill because no one who loves unity thinks GNOME is shit, they're basically the same desktop.

sounds like you're bothered
booty bothered baby!

>le paid shill argument

user, this is becoming ridicilous. We are discussing LINUX DEs. If you can't even read, reapply to a primary school near your house.

Please present reasonable arguments, not short autistic fit rages

kek

Yeah there is no reason Microsoft would want to turn people away from GNOME and toward a windows clone that basically a shittier windows.

Microsoft doesn't want people to use GNOME because they'll have a good Linux experience, in fact they'll have a better experience under GNOME than they do windows because GNOME is laid out in a way that makes it easy and intuitive to use. My grandmother literally uses it, all she has to do is press the activities button and everything you need to know is there. My grandmother would be confused as fuck by KDE.

And guess what? if you're a power user the command line is right there. Power users don't want KDE because power users don't want endless menus and a button for literally everything, when 90% of their programs can be kept simple and the advanced tasks can be done through the CLI. Linus Torvalds, objectively one of the best programmers in the world, uses GNOME.

Microsoft is afraid of GNOME, and so are you.

MS is afraid because it's better than what they have, but KDE is not, so they pay shills to try to get people to use KDE instead so they have a bad Linux experience.

Ever notived how pretty much nobody who is advocating for KDE posts screen shots of it? That's because they're on windows.

You're naive if you can't see the writing on the walls.

>Implying

I never ever recommended Cinnamon or Windows. Seems like you have a habit of putting words into peoples mouths when it comes to confronting counter arguments.

There is NO dock on GNOME. Just like how Windows uses 5 different fonts on its austistic UI, GNOME uses billion different titlebars. The devs deliberately break themes to prevent modifications. Their primary goal is making GNOME into something that people recognise it as GNOME. Hence my previous point.

You don't need fuck ton of extensions for Unity. You don't need fuck ton of extensions for homOS. Guess fucking what? You NEED fuck ton of extensions for GNOME.

Fuck you, your bosses at Red Hat and your life.

> Linus Torvalds, objectively one of the best programmers in the world
MY SIDES

>You don't need fuck ton of extensions for Unity. You don't need fuck ton of extensions for homOS. Guess fucking what? You NEED fuck ton of extensions for GNOME.

It sounds like you're sating unity and homOS are really bloated.

How do you expect a desktop to meet everyones needs?

GNOME is smart in that it has the extensions system, that way I can only install the things I want.

>that way I can only install the things I want
What you are describing here is Linux kernel plus GNU. What I am defending is a sane dafault install. I don't have time to rice everything from stractch when I switch distros. Of course, everyones' needs are different, but please elaborate, what does Unity contain that you don't need?

Are you using mesa? Or intel's drivers?
Don't want to attack you, but I've never seen any tearing with Wayland on Ivy Bridge.

a gay dock
docks are for chumps

I have a 4th gen i5 + AMD GPU. No tearing on fedora GNOME and it supports 1600x900 instead of cucking me with 1366x768 like every other fucking distro. Wayland and GNOME are amazing.

>Linus Torvalds uses GNOME.
I thought he switched to XFCE, or did he go back to Gnome?

Soooo if Unity is dead MIR is dead too?

yes. it's in the official statement

Unity was written in python, fuck this.