The mighty g400s thread

So, Sup Forumsuys, is g400s still GOD tier mouse in 2017? I bought it in november 2013th and not really sure if I have to change it for something more modern or just clean it and continue to use it for another 2-3 years.
Gaming mice became really shitty in the past couple years, especially the logitech line, as I see it.
Btw I'm not much of a PC gamer, just like the shape.

I like the shape too. Mine shit out on me recently. I bought a Zowie EC1-A, which is supposed to be great and looks nearly identical.

They stopped making the 400s, you have to buy their new, meme model.

I would just clean it if it's not broken. A mouse is a mouse..

Yeah OP it's still pretty much the best even now

There are some slightly better sensors out there today, but you're probably not going to notice a difference. I'd only upgrade if your G400s is breaking.

Man, over the new years i bought a MX Master to retire my G400 from 2011.
And i just can't adopt to it, there is some weird acceleration going on even if i use it without drivers.

Gone back to the G400 now, and I'm considering to just sell the MX Master as it isn't as great as i wanted it to be.

For a simple pointing device with all the bells and whistles you need, the G400 is more than enough.

g303 destroys it.

>if I have to change it
If it still works, why the fuck would you have to change it? FWIW I still have and use both my G400 and my G400s and don't plan on changing anytime soon.

>I would just clean it if it's not broken
And fix it if it is. It's worth it.

the wheel sucks

Used to have this but it didn't look as nice. Grey and lava like. Think I'll stick to my MX Master.

i have the g403 wireless AMA

I'm absolutely fucking terrified of what'll happen once mine shits itself. I don't know what mouse I'll get at that point.

I like the death adder circa 2015. I know it's razer shit but I can't help but find it to be a good mouse.

Brought mine back for 2013 Christmas present for my self, still great with just few cosmetic damage. I Don't see the reason to upgrade until it breaks.

Why do all "gaming" mouse need a software to make it work? Zowie doesn't and it does everything that a mouse needs from adjustments to key binds. These bullshit softwares just ruins it.

Unless you're throwing it at the wall every day the only things you should really have to worry about with any mouse are the cable and the switches, right? And both are relatively cheap and easy fixes, especially the cable. They sell cable replacement kits for like $8, and packs of switches are about $5-9, depending on how many you need. The cable just unplugs from the pcb and if you know how to solder (or know someone who can) the switches should also be an easy fix. Provided you already have the tools on hand and are up to the task, even in a worst case scenario a complete restoration would only run you about $15.

>Why do all "gaming" mouse need a software to make it work?
Depends on your definition of "work" I guess? In my experience I've never needed to install software for any of my mice and they've all worked just fine. Never had any issues with button not working, even even the dpi switching function I don't really use works out of the box.

I do agree that bullshit "drivers" tend to ruin the experience, which is why I also refuse to install keyboard software.

Is the g300s any good?
It pretty much looks identical to OP.

Can you guys recommend me a subtle looking decent mouse? I dont want my fucking mouse too look like a transformer fetus. Ive been looking at the Logitech G403, is it gud?

Honestly it's tiny and uses the 3055 sensor which is pretty shit. It looks a lot different btw.
Yes it's a good mouse. rather on the smaller side, very light (this may be a problem for some; small+light can be bad for people with big hands).
sensor obviously the best and the buttons are also really nice to press due to logitechs spring mechanism they use.
a possible problem could be the rubbery sides, i'm not sure how they'll hold up over the years.
the cable is also very thick and braided which caused me to return my g403.

cheers mate

>tiny
>small
Any logitech mouses that aren't small?

Funny thing is I am actually looking to get one of those today most likely.

Great mouse except for the mouse wheel. Mine is loud and feels cheaply made

isn't there a steelseries mouse that is supposed to be excellent?

My Logitech gaming mouse doesn't need Logitech Gaming Software to run, just extra features.

Let's say they're medium sized instead of small, I don't wanna scare you away. If your hands are up to like 19-20cm you should be fine with them.

How do you adjust your dpi?

I used to use a G400, non-s. Assuming the only change was making it uglier, it's a good mouse. The only reason I'm not using it any more is because I got the chance to try out a G502 and made the switch shortly after. I swear to god, if they ever discontinue these things, I'm going out and buying ten of them just so I'll never run out.

They also added a bit of stress protection on the cable where it enters the mouse. Which is good, because that part is really shit on the original G400, it's where mine started breaking.

The two little buttons on either end of the wheel.

This is what caused my g400 to fail on me. I used to transport it a lot and the cable started cutting out after just a year.

The replacement cable kit you can get for them fixes the problem though, My g400 actually has a longer stress protector part than the g400s now.

I usually recommend to buy either g403 or zowie ec1a. They're okay replacements to good old g400.

g403 isn't bad. It's a different shape but feels quality.

People aren't kidding about the cable though. Why make an 80g mouse with such a ridiculously thick, heavy cable.

A bungee is a must and even then it can be annoying. I would suggest the wireless /t/ Sup Forums /h/

By pressing this buttons.

And how Zowie adjust its dpi? If only just preset dpi then it just the same as all gaming mice.

Additional software offer fine tune, and with on-board memory I could just uninstall after done that.

If it breaks, and soon it will just like all mouse out there, don't be a pussy and buy a new one then adapt to it. You guys are all very sentimental to a very replaceable hardware.

It's not about being sentimental. I'm not going to shell out upwards of $60 for something I might not like and has a decent chance of objectively being shit when I can spend less than $20 to extend the life of something that works and feels great.

Is this good for big guys with big hands?

My right hand is about 9.5x18 cm and I can palm grip without problem.