Netflix and Amazon could be forced to make French, German and even Estonian films and TV shows by the EU...

>Netflix and Amazon could be forced to make French, German and even Estonian films and TV shows by the EU. The US companies could also be hit with taxes to raise funds to support the work of film-makers in Europe. The proposal is thought to be driven by the French, who are particularly fearful of their cinema and TV programmes being eclipsed by English language productions... One draft says the aims is to create 'a more level playing field in the promotion of European works by obliging on-demand services to reserve at least 20 percent share for European works in their catalogues and to ensure adequate prominence of such works'.

We subsidize European Defense, and now European Media.

Also European tech if you count the yearly random multi billion fines American tech companies are penalized with in the EU.

You're a god damn joke europe

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3600027/EU-make-Netflix-Amazon-create-non-shows-Firms-ensure-fifth-content-European.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Source

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3600027/EU-make-Netflix-Amazon-create-non-shows-Firms-ensure-fifth-content-European.html

>and even Estonian films
noice

I'd love International stuff on Netflix tbqh

Also Narcos is already pretty much a full South American production

Is there a more pathetic continent in the 21st century?

Africa and Latin America are shit holes for obvious reasons.

Europe has no excuse.

>driven by the French

Says enough, kek.

>we subsidize
>we
Netflix and amazon are owned by the us government now?
Also if you dont like it go home fucktard

sounds good

most americans would be happy to have easier access to foreign media

>wasting money on dying languages
For what purpose?

you're only alternative with media is pirating.

Defence programs establish american influence.

Tech companies should respect the legislation of their targets.

Too bad america has borders amirite?

As if this type of legislation hasn't already existed in nearly every country in the world for television. Canada imposes a 20% "Canadian content" quota, I think Quebec maintains a 50% French content quota. And China only allows like 40 foreign films to air in theatres every year. They're just adjusting the rules and applying them to Internet streaming services. Butthurt Americans are crying over having to be relevant.

>Andrus in charge of fucking shit up
Good lad.

Would rather there be TV shows in German than this absolute shite lmao

thanks, mate.

>even Estonian
>even

What did he mean by this?

He means that you aren't relevant and that your movies have no place on Netflix. That being said I'd be happy to see them.

this 2bh. also america is one of the most protectionist markets on the planet.

Very good, it is time for the EU to be as protectionnist as the USA.

This american hypocrisy must end.

INVEST IN ESTONIAN CINEMA

The whole point of EU was supposed to be continental mercantilism.

>You're a god damn joke europe

And you are an even bigger one for actually doing it

>The proposal is thought to be driven by the French

Lmao
It's Lingua Franca not Lingua Anglica ok. Praise the Academie Française

Id like that, sick of stupid american tv shows, dont even have netflix but I can see how this can be beneficial

Estonian movie industry is the future

netflix is absolutely terrible in turkey
>house of cards's 4th season got released
>netflix has 3 for some reason
>check it
>apparently some irrelevant german tv (sky) licensed 4th season in germany
>because of this i can't watch 4th season of a netflix show from netflix
>to add insult to injury there is only english and arabic language subs
>cancel my netflix subscription immediately
if they actually start giving shit about us and stop butchering half of netflix library (there is no malcolm in the middle for fucks sake) i would consider subscribing netflix. but until then they can fuck off

>Netflix and Amazon could be forced to make French, German and even Estonian films and TV shows by the EU.
Good. They'd probably be shit, but anything that puts corporations in their place now and then is a good thing in my book.

BRAVO ESTONIA

this

Netflix is for leftist cuck

Why would you even use this shitty website ? True men download then delete

Why don't they instead make their own Netflix-like company to make nice shows like that instead of forcing an American company to do it?

Because Euros are lazy shiteaters. What's new?