If GNU/Linux is so great, why don't companies create games and publish them under the GNU license?

If GNU/Linux is so great, why don't companies create games and publish them under the GNU license?

Other urls found in this thread:

rochester.edu/news/show.php?id=3679
jstor.org/stable/20182199
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

market share you fucking retard

People who are smart enough to use linux tend to be smart enough to not be mindless consumers.

Are you saying video games are for dumb people?

yes

that's a nice negress,

Well there is a positive correlation between reaction time and IQ, and gamers have a faster reaction time. You've been BTFO out.

NOOOOOOOOOO

I can tell you don't really mean "no" because your filename indicates you're using sarcasm.

"I'm not being sarcastic I swear!"

If you weren't an actual spewing retard with the IQ of trash, you'd put that "reaction time" to good use instead of engaging in escapist, anti-art, anti-intellectual, consumerist activities. Pic related, this man is a true genius and the most valuable Google engineer. He's like a God at Google and not even the CEO would go against him. He literally made Google what it is today and wrote/worked-on all of their most important software stacks. He's worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

Now, notice something interesting:

He doesn't have a duel-monitor RBG duplex gamer setup.

He doesn't have Discord or Steam or other anti-user, anti-privacy DRMed, proprietary trash open.

He doesn't use Windows.

He doesn't have a gaming- or anime-related wallpaper.

He's actually doing work.

MMM, tasty pasta!

but the market share would increase if they started releasing games for linux alongside windows... and mac.

dumb niggerposter

This claim is bullshit, stop trying to flatter yourself.

I stopped playing video games and became much more knowledgeable. How is this possible you ask? I spend the extra time actually learning things.

if windows is so good, why does linux exist??

because GNU.

I regret posting teaching you autists about the existence of Jeff Dean

rochester.edu/news/show.php?id=3679
jstor.org/stable/20182199

It's all true.

>he doesn't have dual-monitor
suuure

What's the point of becoming "knowledgeable" just for the sake of it? So you can get a better job? Well then what are you going to do with that extra money from having a better job, spend it on things that make you happy? Are you just a drone that spends 100% of your free time learning so that you can move up in your career while having no time to actually enjoy the benefits of having a better job?

Or are you just a pseudo intellectual who reads wikipedia articles and then proceeds to shitpost about how you're so superior to the sheeple on Sup Forums?

He is using a very expensive monitor in that picture, and he's using Ubuntu, which Sup Forums constantly criticizes for being anti consumer/using proprietary code. He's using Bose headphones and some fancy ergonomic keyboard. He has a cup of coffee that from some over priced coffee joint instead of using the coffee machine in the break room. He isn't a poster child for anti consumerism.

>fancy ergonomic keyboard
>WOW HE TYPES FOR A LIVING AND WANTS TO PROTECT AGAINST REPETITIVE STRAIN INJURY, WHAT A FUCKING CONSUMERISM WTF

>Getting a heart attack while betraying your race and denying a future for white children never felt so good

Except those curved keyboards are 100% a meme.

It's an entirely separate computer, given the spacing and additional keyboard/mouse,

>Triple monitors
>Triple seats too
Step it up boy

Albion Online is in final Beta and looking good. I hope other game companies will follow the pattern.

new user here, it seems the critical point of interest in math was pretty shallow for me, i dump time into it and physics and doing that has had a huge impact on how i live and think. although i occasionally dwarf fort and FPS

>He's worth hundreds of millions of dollars

did he or will he ever get these millions of dollars though?

probably not

maybe not so smart at all

>you will NEVER fuck a woman like this
life is suffering, lads

Just be in shape, white, not a Sup Forumstard, and some social skills. That's all you need to get a black gf that isn't fat.

>Literally who
Amit Singhal did all the heavy works. He is more intelligent this white boy faggot.

>It would later transpire that Singhal's departure from Google had occurred after a sexual harassment complaint against him, that an internal review had found "credible".[16]
typical shitskin

who would have thought that different people have different interests. what do you do for a living, user?

>white people don't sexually harass wom-

what is this GNU license of which you speak

Women would feel sexually harassed by a guy that looks like that merely looking at them

The costs associated with developing the support for these additional platforms, as well as training and maintaining technical support staff to handle customer support for them, ends up dwarfing the potential increase in product sales.

>publish a GPL licensed game
>everyone pirates your game, because it's free
>rival companies take your source code and clone your game for profit
>end up bankrupt within a year
what a stupid idea

If it was GPL published it wouldn't count as piracy though.

I could imagine the idea working partially, if you used a GPL'd game engine while keeping the game assets proprietary. It wouldn't prevent piracy (but all-out proprietary games don't manage to accomplish that either), but it could work as a public stunt.

the fuck is her waist?

Yeah, basically every id software game till Doom 3.

They are for children

Adults mostly enjoy improving themselves, acquiring new knowledge, and possibly building a family, not because we need it to succeed but because we realize that there is literally nothing else in life.

>If GNU/Linux is so great, why don't companies create games and publish them under the GNU license?
Because GPL != GNU/Linux

>Adults mostly enjoy improving themselves, acquiring new knowledge
So then what the hell are you doing on Sup Forums? What's wrong with spending your money on things that make you happy as long as you are financially responsible?

I like to discuss with people, plus I get to keep in touch with internet culture.
There is nothing wrong with it, just as most people will be fine all of their lives with watching tv. It's an easy way out to not think about life and complex things, so as I said it's something suitable for children

You claim to hate gamers, but you embody the "stop liking what I don't like" attitude of Sup Forums.

who semon demon?

Given how Linux also comes with a bunch of neckbeards who will do coding support for conversion,
and given how game developers don't have to pay any fees for getting their games onto Linux,
there really isn't any justification.
No matter how small it is, if it spread your game even more for almost no investment, then it's a good business move.

What the fuck is a GNU License

DirectX is windows only
Everyone hate OpenGL

stfu normie
>Not knowing how to use a Google search

>What's the point of becoming "knowledgeable" just for the sake of it?
This is the wrong question.

Until you realise the error there is little point in discussing the true reasons.

cause the PC is not for gaming!