On a scale of 1-10, how much math does one need to know to become a software developer?

On a scale of 1-10, how much math does one need to know to become a software developer?

Even at 1 you could become one
But if you want to actually be good around 5 or up

depends on the type of software, if you want to be a meme computer scientist then a lot.

if you want to solve problems with computers within a specific field of physics or maths, then probably a huge amount

If you want to make meme webpages and user interfaces and stuff like that then almost none, anything you need mathswise you'll pick up along the way

On a scale of 1-10 I'd say its about 0F

Go fucking kill yourself you /r9k/ nigger cattle cuck of a little negroid fucking underaged and b& slut.

it;s more important how good you suck dick if you want a job

Stop posting gross manly men.

>someone gets called out for being r9k
>im actually the one around here

huehue, computers are for nerds desu just buy one and use it no use talking about it

Let's put it this way, the scale of 1-10 for math is directly related to skills as a software developer. You can't be a good programmer without it.

>homeomorphism
>non-degenerate
>cobordism theory

You can compensate for your lack of math with programming socks so not a whole lot.

>job
bitch i hand out the jobs

How much maths you need largely depends on what you're actually programming.
For most things you don't need much more than the ability to reason about numbers effectively (say, being able to take a number of lines and the current line selected and use that to calculate the pixel height and position of a scroll bar, or throw a couple sin functions together to create the random distribution you want) but you don't need to know anything hugely advanced.
I would say an important question is *why* you don't know very much maths (if you don't). People who are bad at maths tend to also be bad at programming and if you don't know maths because you suck at it, that might be a bad sign.

is that a boy or a girl?

an ugly boy

Maybe a 3 if you want to be a webdev monkey. Computers are designed compute, so they can do a lot of math for you. 6 if you want to get into lower level programming languages like C. 7+ for ASM and other lesser known neckbeard level 9000 dark arts wizard languages.

its not about math it's about the ability to solve problems. Do you need math? No. Is it incredibly helpful? Yes.

Also most serious devs will pretty much look their nose down on you if you can't math for shit. Just like I look down on anyone who wants to be a network admin but doesn't know how to use vi. Just plebeian tier,

It's about creating modular, scalable systems and knowing intricacies of libraries and frameworks nowdays.

In a corporate environment with pajeets you just need to know what's absolute value and how to use modulo to your fizzbuzz, that's it.

If you are a code monkey making websites maybe a 1 or 2

If you don't want to be a code monkey at least a 6 or 7

whats a code monkey xD?

lol its my first day here famm

if you have an E in high school maths you should be set for a lot of positions, but not all

cute I say

enough to sum all the prime numbers under 2 million

2 for practical use / employment
7 for a degree in the field

why are you taking selfies at a hospital?

I want to bend that boy over the table in the background and fuck him in the ass.

2 is enough

Is there more of this boy?

>implying high school success counts for fucking anything except *maybe* your next place of study.