Why should I use linux if I have more than $1000 to spend

why should I use linux if I have more than $1000 to spend

Other urls found in this thread:

minifree.org/product/libreboot-x220/
qz.com/696377/y-combinator-is-running-a-basic-income-experiment-with-100-oakland-families/
businessinsider.com/san-francisco-basic-income-experiment-announcement-2017-1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because you don't have enough money for a mac.

Because it's customizable, free, lightweight, and open source, of you care about that.

Free as in freedom:
minifree.org/product/libreboot-x220/

You can find there desktop, but you don't have enough money for that, unfortunately...

Because you respect your freedom

This is the only right answer

If you care about your right to privacy Linux is the the only way to go. Non free software is malware.

Because there's nothing better

> more than $1000 to spend

what does this have to do with anything

Have you heard of investing for retirement?

But fuck it, Cali and some other states are experimenting with basic income so spend what you want on what ever you want. If you have faith that humans don't suck the buy what ever you want.

It's not rocket science dude. If you don't want to use linux don't use it. It's more of a hobbiest OS anyway. Idk why this is so hard for people to understand.

>Cali and some other states are experimenting with basic income

Where are they experimenting because I cant barely afford the cost of living with a fucking degree and a CCNA

Because you think it's what's best for you.
That is the only reason to ever decide to use anything

>more than $1000 to spend
Ok, Rockefeller.

>why ....?

Don't.

Now fuck off.

First of all, regardless of how much money you have to spend on a computer, why would you pay money for Windows? Just pirate it like a normal person.

Second off, if you don't have a use for Linux as a platform, don't use it. My laptop cost over a grand, and it runs Ubuntu because I'll be damned if I am going to be programming on Windows again.

Didnt know that all these Universities with their Research and Big Companies like Google use Hobbyist OS'es.

But to be serious,why would someone Educated enough call it a Hobbyist OS?
If you pick Stuff like Ubuntu,Fedora or OpenSUSE it is just as (if not more) User friendly and Stable as Windows or Mac and it is backed by a relatively large Company if thats important for you.

For a consumer it's a hobby OS. These use cases are niche.

Most DEs still have a display protocol from 1987 ffs. There is tearing everywhere, you have to open a terminal for everything.

And that's from someone who has been using Linux for 8 years. I'm back to W$ now.

qz.com/696377/y-combinator-is-running-a-basic-income-experiment-with-100-oakland-families/
businessinsider.com/san-francisco-basic-income-experiment-announcement-2017-1

The sample sizes are small so good luck getting into any new experiments. These are more likely already running.

Daily reminder that you easily nab $5 oem windows licenses off ebay

If you enjoy having $1000 to spend

DELET

Rekt

>the price is the only selling point

Linux doesn't want you, fuckstick.

Thinking of retrying a distribution. Some years ago I liked Manjaro, what's todays Manjaro?