RIP FireFox

Guise, Firefox is now under 8% of desktop browser market share.

It's basically dead at this point... Cause for concern?

Other urls found in this thread:

netmarketshare.com/browser-market-share.aspx
cnbc.com/2017/04/08/google-accuse-underpaying-female-workers.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>not everyone uses it so its dead!!!

the autistic reddi.t consumerism really shows through out this board

Less users == Less revenue for Mozilla == Less programmers == Shittier browser

You seem to be too stupid to be on this board. May I suggest you take your stupid ass back to plebbit since you clearly came from there, baka.

The only point in FF was ublock origin and umatrix for autists

>The only point in FF was ublock origin and umatrix for autists
Doesn't Chrome version work just as well?

How did Microsoft fuck up IE so much?

>a lower percentage of more users
It has more users now than ever before.

I think that's outdated. This shows that they're at 11.8%. Still pretty low, though.
netmarketshare.com/browser-market-share.aspx

works on my machine, I use an older fork anyway

It's because the herds of morons saw a bunch of Chrome ads and decided to get it. They don't care about all the spying.

I block Chrome users from my sites.

>I block Chrome users from my sites.
blocking >90% of users... kek
you're a fucking hipster then. kek.

I don't care if low-IQ people don't use my site.

low IQ people use a slower browser and waste their life away waiting.

can't buy your time back.

Firecuck/SJW users are the dumbest of them all.

Clearly ur site iz fer fgts

pls post a link to some evidence that chrome users are lower IQ than everyone else

Who gives a shit about market share? I'm going to keep using Firefox until other browsers stop being more shit than Firefox.

its because firefox is shit. lackluster support for emerging html5 functions, slow as shit, still a single process, filled with useless junk.

At the end of the day, chrome is bloated, but it's fast and offers about as good customization as firefox will, once the lockdown completes. and critically - it's fast and reliable.

But Firefox doesn't make money from users...
Right?
Firefox is not botnet, right?

Funny, I've never experienced any of the problems you describe when using Firefox. Maybe it's because I'm not a moron who downloads every bit of malware I come across.

>but Chrome will be customizable one day! honest!
No, it won't. It will always be a shitty botnet browser that won't let you install anything that harms Google's interests.

Correct me if i am wrong, but hasnt FF had single process only not that long ago? I had to install Nightly and turn on multiprocessing and it crashed regularly. And I am a 50+ tabs kind of guy so I just sticked with Chrome as a main browser.

>Who gives a shit about market share?
another retard who thinks developers don't cost money.

you're retarded, right?

Edge is genuinely good

Google are a bunch of cucks that try at every single turn to switch you to chrome though. It's hilarious and annoying at the same time.

ah yes, it must be slow because I've downloaded every malware out there. Thanks for the explanation

You'd be surprised. Most Chrome users think malware is actually good software helping them. You probably don't even realize you're infected.

It was dead years ago.

Once Mozilla kills off XUL, what will all you firecucks do? KYS? kek.

There's no point in using Fireshit once XUL addons are dead and Mozilla gives you "chrome-light" web extensions.

Decent extensions are literally the only reason to use firefox. Once they kill that, they have zero advantage over chrome.

Not really, Firefox is the second most popular desktop browser.

>d most popular
LOL... the diff between #1 and #2 is HUGGGE. even illiterate can tell firefox is dead.

If firefox is dead then so is everything else, you may as well eat shit millions of flies can't be wrong.

>not even twice as many users as IE, a dead browser

Yes, even funnier is that ublock and umatrix are chrome extensions that were ported to firefox.

Uninstalled Firefox months ago, now using chromium. I refuse to use software from a company ran by cucks and feminists

They didn't, in the beginning google paid people to bundle chrome in to installers and called it "ad/app partners" or something dumb like that, what the essentially did was use malware tactics to not only install chrome but set it as default on windows machines.

Chromium is Google, and they're just as SJW-happy as Mozilla.

i was a hardcore firefox fanboy for 10 years

but i can't do it anymore, they fucked everything up

SJW ruin fucking everything

i use Chrome now out of spite

just now: cnbc.com/2017/04/08/google-accuse-underpaying-female-workers.html

No you weren't a firefox fanboy. A firefox fanboy will never use chrome. Firefox is about FOSS.

>Google are a bunch of cucks that try at every single turn to switch you to chrome though
Because Microsoft isn't trying to force Edge on you?

>force
>it's installed with the OS because the OS needs to come with a web browser
>implying its reasonable for an OS to ship without a web browser

Listen to yourself, fuck.

he didnt say he was foss fanboy you fucking faggot

This is fake.

Microsoft showed that it was reasonable to let the user choose a browser at OS install time with some European versions of XP. There's no excuse now.

SO he wasn't a firefox fanboy. Firefox is not just a browser. It's a FOSS browser.

Already moved onto chrome because of this. No reason to use a shittier chrome-like at that point.

What would be faster on a Linux laptop (Core Duo 1.2ghz, 2gb RAM), Firefox or Chromium?

lynx

>we are the champions
Dear Dog, their are hit the sky.

browser() {
wget $1 -q -O - | less
}

>agreeing with EU cuckery
>let's throw a menu in the user's face at government gunpoint

neck yourself. if someone really wants to use a different browser, microsoft doesn't stop them from doing so.

I use Brave on my phone and desktop now.

Is the new for me

>Less users == Less revenue for Mozilla == Less programmers == Shittier browser

Your equation doesn't explain Microsoft browsers being shit forever.

fuck off back to plebbit.

>i.e is a good browser
Why, Sup Forums?

I use it because chorme's add-ons aren't good enough. Mainly the addon to download youtube videos and to have multiple rows of tabs.

The site is completely inaccurate and should not be taken seriously.

>I use it because chorme's add-ons aren't good enough. Mainly the addon to download youtube videos and to have multiple rows of tabs.
in few months time, you 'll be forced to lose those addons. wat then?

>firefox is killing all vertical tabs addons
>chrome will never get vertical tabs
There's no where to go.

e10s had been stable for like 2 years now
A lot of legacy plugins aren't compatible with e10s though, and Mozilla trashing devs discourages their development

I will stay on ESR 52, then probably migrate to Palemoon, surf, Qutebrowser or something similar

>migrate to Palemoon, surf, Qutebrowser or something similar
Enjoy not ever getting timely security updates and getting pownd by fucking script kiddies that hack some site you go to.

A lot of people will migrate to one of those, pretty much every power user will, thus development will speed up a lot
Also, Palemoon receives security updates faster than Fx, the others are WebKit based so they receive the same updates as Chrome
What's up with mods purging this old and eternal tradition nowadays? I've been noticing this a lot lately
They're killing anything slightly related to politics, it's slightly nice though

>A lot of people will migrate to one of those, pretty much every power user will
You're delusional.

And completely wrong about sec updates. Palemoon often lags 3-4 weeks behind FF.

>no one centralized browser is never cause for concern

>everyone will just stay on Firefox shitty Chrome edition or migrate to Chrome!! 11!!!
sure senpai

Redpill me on Brave guys. It's fast but I can't even rearrange my fav bookmars or open it in a separate window, let alone enable a vpn plug-in.

firefox is slow as fuck

This is true, i'm a hardcore firefox fanboy but even I get annoyed by how slow this browser is. Not even oc'd i7 4790k can keep up.

Yeah it's the only browser not owned by a marketing company.

People who voluntarily use Google anything and functional retards.

>ie still at 12+%
yummy

last time I checked, Safari's not owned by a marketing company.

People who voluntarily use Google anything and functional retards what? You forgot the rest of your sentence pumpkin

Mozilla ignored people's needs. Mozilla is self-righteous and makes bad decisions against people's needs. This is the sin of Mozilla. Firefox is slow to use and trying to cut down features. Mozilla want to be chrome. just wants That.

That's a big slice of "other".

They only check Firefox 51 and 52. I still have 50 on my laptop f.e. because I just don't feel like updating everything all the time; and that's coming from an update junkie, so expect plenty of non-tech people to have older versions too. Those are now considered "other" too. And how about FF forks? Do they count as firefox or their own browser?

Get some better data, this is useless.

>I DON'T LIKE THIS DATA BECAUSE IT PUTS MY BROWSER IN A BAD LIGHT, GET DATA I LIKE
kek.. all that butthurt.

>the others are WebKit based so they receive the same updates as Chrome

Chrome doesn't use WebKit anymore. Apple maintains it.

GNU IceCat is, retard.

It's just a shitty Chromium. Remove it.

they are still doing it

Who honestly uses Memoryfox these days instead of one of the many vastly superior forks?

Can't buy information about yourself from botnet back.

>Can't buy information about yourself from botnet back.
I can always use adblockers and tracker blockers. also, ungoogled chromium.

Can you name me a good one and by good i mean one that isn't palemoon or waterfox because i used both of those and they're fucking memes

Ungoogled chromium is pain in the ass to use though. What if I want the line between being a securefag and wanting to browse the web seamlessly?

It takes some 10 min to setup addons. After that, you don't have to touch it and can just copy folders around if you ever use different machines, OSes.

They goal is browser.html where tabs are vertical.

Midori.

>Also, Palemoon receives security updates faster than Fx
How is this possible?

Hasn't had an update since August 2015

>How is this possible?
Palemoon is from an alternate universe where they can time travel.

It's dead, Jim!

What did he mean by this?

Who fucking cares, why would you want an update for a webkit browser?

He's right, you know very well your average user doesn't know much. There's loads of people on windows XP with far older versions of the browser

CVEs

First your candidate lost, now your browser lost.

Firefox is gonna replace Gecko with Servo and browser interface to browser.html.