What are Sup Forums's thoughts on the razer blade stealth?

What are Sup Forums's thoughts on the razer blade stealth?

Ultraportable thread, I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/CHUWI-1920x1080-Notebook-Processor-Redstone/dp/B01N0XRC1S/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pros:
Good specs
Portable
??????
cons:
Gamer aesthetic
big fucking razer logo on back (sticker may fix???)

Great laptop, would put it up there close with the Dell XPS 13. Like everyone else I really hate Razers logo. I would rather have no logo at all in the back if Razer isn't going to make a new one.

Are there any chink companies that make cheap but awesome Ultrabooks? Like Xiaomi did with their Air laptops, but a bit cheaper?

Can you C O D E on that?

What's gamer aesthetic about the laptop?

It's black and slick looking.

Razer logo is ugly I agree.

Nope, everything else is subpar in build quality or has some kind of issue.

Fuck. Looks like I'm limited to a refurbished Zenbook then.

I've had one for about six months and it already has a problem, it only charges when its turned off.

green usb ports, iif you have enough weaponized autism to paint them and not fuck up there's nothing wrong with it.

NEEDS MOAR LEDS

if they'd integrate the logo inside the top cover in a way that it's only seen when a led is on then it would be amazing.

Easily one of the best laptops on the market right now. I own a blade 16 and just slapped a dbrand logo on it, matte black. Literally perfect

great laptop
expensive tho
if money were not issue for me I would buy one right now with sticker to cover up logo

shut the fuck up hm, you are the biggest idiot on this board and that is truly an accomplishment

>Razer
Into le bin.jpg

I'm thinking of getting one soon to replace my old laptop. The biggest concern holding me back from getting one is the fan noise, and that a lot of people reporting loud fans for doing simple tasks like web browsing. Have either of you guys experienced any of those problems?

>le epic adhominems!!!
include me in the screencap for reddit.

A lot of these XxXg4m3rXxX laptops also shit the bed when you try to get Linux to run on them. I got burned when I bought an MSI one without doing as much research as I should have.

Fuck Nvidia
Fuck Microsoft

What about the legion y720? Lower price and different logo.

and their wifi adapters are always the max proprietary shit that exists at the time. Even though the best adapters that exist are open hardware..

I still don't like the logo on it, but it's nicer than 99% of the gaming laptops out there

>lelnovo

My friend has a stealth and has never had this problem. See how good Razer customer support is, that's what really matters here.

Lots of people are happy study their stealths, this is the first time I've heard of this issue

What's the problem with it?

not even wifi adapters but their fucking cooling fans... fuck msi

t. MSI apache pro

Lenovo's gaymen line has pretty good Linux support.

How "good" is the integrated graphics?
Why shouldn't I just get an Alienware 13 R3? It has integrated graphics and isn't much thicker and heavier

>posts a laptop from 2009 or so

today's laptops aren't much better

Did you mean dedicated graphics?

I thought it just had Intel graphics?

but the Alienware 13 R3 has a GTX 1060

oh no I was talking about the Alienware
I meant to say
>how good are the integrated graphics on the stealth?
>Why shouldn't I get an Alienware 13 R3? It has dedicated graphics and isn't much thicker or heavier

asus republic of gamers.

they have a very nice specs/price comparison, but the fucking look ruins it

that's so fucking gaudy it's almost beautiful again

i have one

not worth it imo

battery life is trash even after i disable a bunch of shit, use battery saving mode, etc.

i do have the 4k model but still its ridiculous

The keyboard looks shitty as shiet.
With ultraportable ultraspecs, is heat a big problem ?

yes, because they have to cram everything into very little space so strong heat development (because of the beefy components) follows

GS63VR:
Intel Core i7-6700HQ
GTX 1060 6G
16GB (8GB x2) DDR4 2400MHz
512GB M.2 SATA SSD

It's apparently quite loud compared to other Ultrabooks

So this is the new Razer's bacon maker ?

What screen size?

15.6", 1080p. I guess it's not a UMPC, but whatever.

Well the Stealth, Blade, and Pro certainly cost quite a bit of bacon but I can't imagine the margins on them are as big as their peripherals

I've seen this. Looks nice, but...

>msi

Isn't Razer software QA completely shit? Hardware wise that thing is fucking beautiful though.

I'm an XPS13-fag
good
>hardware looks good
>trackpad is great
>screen is great

bad
>coil whine is completely unacceptable for the price of this machine. It is hard to ignore when its quiet and extremely annoying. Embarrassing to take to the library or work where its quiet
>usb-c and no hdmi, enjoy $50 adapter just to connect to an external monitor
>keyboard is kind of shitty, they could have done a better job with it
>webcam on the bottom of the screen
>buggy bios, issues sleeping, random shutdown, shitty wifi option (killer) with wifi drivers that occasionally drop and in the worst case blue screen

Wish I had spent my money on a 14" used 440p or 460s or 470 (not out yet?)

I dunno, it's not such a bad brand. My Dad has had his for 4 years or so and the only failure was the HDD which they promptly replaced. No real build issues to speak of but the bloatware on both his and mine is abysmal, but easily removed as well. The price point is why I bought mine though, I was looking at spectres which have mediocre specs and the new Yoga 910 which also had mediocre specs and I came across the GS63VR for like $100 more with way more utility so I grabbed it instead.

I've heard about the coilwhine but not the other things

Are other people having those issues? I'd probably return it if I had bought it

Did you install the generic drivers for the Killer card? I don't know if they have the same issues but my Killer Ethernet suite had a vicious memory leak as well as shotty reliability which was fixed by just using the drivers rather than the suite.

I bought pic related in 2013 as a "gaming laptop"
I was 16 at the time.

the windows install on it recently fucked up and I couldn't afford a new copy of it, so I've now installed linux mint, doing so led me to Sup Forums.

rate my purchase and life story m8's

Specs below

Processor:4x Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80GHz
Memory 16328MB (1355MB used)
Operating System Linux Mint 18.1 Serena

Date/Time Sat 08 Apr 2017 02:46:18 PM PDT
Display
Resolution 1920x1080 pixels
OpenGL Renderer GeForce GT 750M/PCIe/SSE2
X11 Vendor The X.Org Foundation

Were the slim Razer laptops the ones where people berated the keyboards?

forgot pic

this points are what made me buy my current machine (msi apache pro) ... if msi had better linoox support it wouldnt even be that bad

Coil whine can be fixed with a bios update. The razer blade stealth had it too and they fixed it about a week ago.

peep /r/Dell
The XPS15 is even worse in terms of bugginess. I was really close to returning it after the random shutdowns (I thought it was a lemon) but bios update seemed to fix it. Computer no longer sleeps right after the update though lol

A somewhat recent driver update fixed my bluescreen issues. But the drivers that shipped with the computer were hot trash and yeah Killer's management software is really bad too. I would get a bluescreen almost every time I clicked on the wifi button in the taskbar.

Dunno about this, XPS line has had coil whine issues for a long time. I didn't know how bad it would be though... and its pretty fucking bad sometimes. Even if it can be fixed since its been around for multiple refreshes I doubt they are going to fix it. Also I thought that this was a hardware QA problem that can't be fixed with a bios update. Are you sure your update didn't just throttle your CPU or something?

you got problems son

If you don't mind people considering you immature and still like to play games, sure. Go ahead.
Otherwise get this beauty.

>screen res is too high
>16:9 cancer
>only has USB A/C and HDMI ports
>no dock
>too powerful, I have a desktop for a reason
>hideous
No thanks

Does anyone here have a 2013 chromebook pixel? Would you recommend it?

Immediately disqualified due to a lack of a numpad

Because it will rape your battery life and is another component to shit itself. 9 out of 10 laptop gpus are straight on the board, so when it overheats and desolders itself you're fucked and need a new motherboard. See every HP that shit the bed after 1 year.

big fucking bezel. get a xps 13 instead of this shit

>recommended a 4yo consumer laptop
Lol

Chuwi makes cheap laptops
amazon.com/CHUWI-1920x1080-Notebook-Processor-Redstone/dp/B01N0XRC1S/

not awesome though

But it looks so nice!

That and the 2015 model is impossible to find for less than a reasonable price

wtf

See You could also go the Clevo/Sager route although their 13" selection is small, was initially thinking about getting a Sager instead of my current Dell Latitude.

I've been using a Latitude E7240 as my go-to for portable computing and I'd recommend a Latitude to anyone instantly. Think you can snag one on Ebay now for ~$500, got mine there brand new for $460 during last Black Friday/Cyber Monday. Was only looking for one with a 1080p screen and SSD but I guess that's also the touchscreen model. Actually comes in handy more often than I thought it would. VS 2015/17 runs really well and that's a pretty heavy IDE. The laptop is also decently consumer-friendly in that you can swap out/upgrade parts yourself from what I've read. Haven't checked mine but I'm thinking about getting another 4gb stick/an 8gb stick to jump from 4 to 8gb. No idea about Linux support.

The bezel for it might be a "con" (shouldn't be an issue if you don't have a 768p screen) but the only real con I have with it is that it gets seemingly unreasonably hot when I want to play Stronghold, FTL, or an old-ish JRPG just for downtime away from my home desk. New Latitudes straight from Dell are obviously going to be more expensive, but more modern (ports, mostly). I haven't used an XPS myself but I'd say it's also a good choice coming purely from a Latitude, especially if a bezel is a con for you.

I own a laptop with more or less the exact same dimensions but only a FHD panel.
Does anyone else have trouble being productive on them? I don't even like doing multiple choice homework on it because of how shit it is. Development is pretty miserable as well, at least in Visual Studio.
Just about the only thing I don't despise doing on it is typing papers but even then I guess that sucks too because I always miss my good keyboard at home.

Perhaps I just need more time on it because I only use it a few hours a day 4 days a week and am on a desktop the rest of the week. Maybe if I bought a good mouse for it or something. Pic related in the machine. outside of my personal problems it is a god tier computer for $500. User serviceable as fuck, a couple of screws and the back pops off. Easily replaceable battery, HDD, 2 DIMM slots with the stock stick NOT being soldered, 1080p display, really thin, 2 in 1 thing is cool sometimes

>curious about this line
>google search
>get to their website
>it's a shitty nu-web interface

nope.jpeg

My best friend bought one as he loves Razer (I know I'm trying to break him of it, he will grow out of it at some point)

Its actually really nice, he got the 4k, 512gb version.

>it feels nice in person
>trackpad isn't complete shit though will never compare to any apple trackpad.
>has good specs
>keyboard isn't bad
>quick

The logo on the back makes me want to throw up but its pretty nice. Right now the non 4k i5 version seems to be $899. Only 128gb but its still usable.

Still should just buy a Macbook though.

it's a gaming laptop if connected to thunderbolt eGPU

The pictured Zenbook 3 doesn't have thunderbolt 3. The only model that has it is the deluxe which is 14' and starts at $1600.

When I aay gamer aesthetic I mean the useless rgb backlighting but I'm sure you can set those to just plain white light (or off). But yeah the razer logo is a big turn-off for me.